Facebook for BlackBerry 10 absolutely sucks. Not just "normal" sucks, but "android-phone" sucks.
    See what I did there?

And I don't even use Facebook but look through the feed once a day.

Anyways, is there a decent side loaded option? Do you recommend side loading a Facebook app?
    Thanks dudes.
    06-09-13 03:38 PM
    You can use the full 'desktop site' through the browser, that way you get to even enjoy the ads. Have fun.
    06-09-13 03:55 PM
    What's so bad about it? It appears in chronological order for me. Chat is instant, only bad thing is that I can't see who is online
    06-09-13 04:18 PM
    You could always sideload the Android version so you can have two sucky facebook apps

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
    06-09-13 04:26 PM
    Mobile site, lets you do pretty much everything except directly share things on friends' walls (though there are workarounds for this).
    06-09-13 04:40 PM
    What's so bad about it? It appears in chronological order for me. Chat is instant, only bad thing is that I can't see who is online
    There is no chat!!!! It's messaging. Totally different thing.

Chat doesn't even appear in the 10.2 Bar leak.

BlackBerry once again is messing it up.

Using a BlackBerry Z10
    06-09-13 05:35 PM
    You can use the full 'desktop site' through the browser, that way you get to even enjoy the ads. Have fun.
    Yep. Most know this. Some not. But if BlackBerry is going to build this app and hope to pull in IPhone and Droid users this app must deliver!

Right now it does not.

Using a BlackBerry Z10
    06-09-13 05:36 PM
    I think Facebook in any form sucks @ss, but I find that touch.facebook.com is better than the app.
    06-09-13 05:43 PM
    It works worse and has less features than the app for my 9650 bold.
    06-09-13 05:50 PM
    There is no chat!!!! It's messaging. Totally different thing.

Chat doesn't even appear in the 10.2 Bar leak.

BlackBerry once again is messing it up.

Using a BlackBerry Z10
    It's not totally different. Chat is just the online list, messaging is the actual interaction
    06-09-13 05:56 PM
    This argument is not about BB10 its about Facebook, what is the real difference between chat and messaging? Why is there a discrepancy?

Posted via CB10
    06-09-13 05:59 PM
    The app is identical to the other apps minus chat and tagging people in status' or comments... that is it.... also lets just note that facebook built the app for iphone and android so its obviously gonna work better... Blackberry had to build the app.. there is your difference.. if not having the real facebook app on your phone is a big deal then go to the other platforms.. personally i enjoy being able to check my notifications and responding to a comment or thread without having to first open an app and click on notifications and and then see the comment and commenting .. if you dont like it, sideload the android Facebook, use the app or get another phone...
    00stryder likes this.
    06-09-13 06:18 PM
    This argument is not about BB10 its about Facebook, what is the real difference between chat and messaging? Why is there a discrepancy?

Posted via CB10
    If you have used android or ios, you'll notice at the top right of the app there is the chat function which shows who is online and offline. You can also toggle your availability. You can favorite people, and start group chat as well from there
    06-09-13 06:26 PM
    The app is identical to the other apps minus chat and tagging people in status' or comments... that is it.... also lets just note that facebook built the app for iphone and android so its obviously gonna work better... Blackberry had to build the app.. there is your difference.. if not having the real facebook app on your phone is a big deal then go to the other platforms.. personally i enjoy being able to check my notifications and responding to a comment or thread without having to first open an app and click on notifications and and then see the comment and commenting .. if you dont like it, sideload the android Facebook, use the app or get another phone...
    That's not it, on android with the latest update you can also remove comments now so yeah BlackBerry is a lot behind with Facebook

Posted via CB10
    06-09-13 07:58 PM
    And keep in mind that BlackBerry had two good examples, IOS and Android, also a issue with our Facebook is that often you can't load Facebook for some kind of reason, and that sucks sometimes

Posted via CB10
    06-09-13 08:01 PM
    I'd take a slightly outdated Facebook app of it means that those devs are concentrating on bringing other apps to the platform. The whole idea of BlackBerry having to develop an app for Facebook in-house is disappointing to me.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 & loving it!
    06-09-13 09:53 PM