Hi,

I am currently a Lumia 520 user. Being someone who takes frequent road-trips, I find the offline maps feature in the Lumia to be immensely useful.

I now wish to buy the Blackberry Z3(beautiful phone) but I have not seen any offline app capable of matching up to either HERE maps or Google maps. (Have looked at Mireo and Navfree both).

That leaves me with only Google maps. I have 2 questions regarding this:

1) Is it easy to get the latest/recent version of Google maps onto the Blackberry Z3 using apk?

2) If yes, does the 'Ok Maps' functionality (that caches maps and makes them available offline) work on the Blackberry?

Thanks,
    M_B
    11-22-14 08:20 AM
    What do you miss when you compare here maps with navfree?
    I think it's a pretty decent offline navigation app. And the country database is quite good.

Posted via CB10
    m_b likes this.
    11-22-14 09:25 PM
    Hi kja123,

I agree that Navfree is good when it comes to roads that have been mapped, but its 'locations' that are more important to me.

As I said, I take frequent road trips to offbeat rural locations (in India). I tested Navfree to see if I could find any of the last 5 destinations that I visited and it could only find 1 of them.

I understand that Navfree is pretty comprehensive in places like the US and Europe. But for India, google/HERE is much better.

It would be great if someone could confirm whether Google's 'Ok Maps' functionality works on BB.

I'm just waiting to go out and buy the phone once this confirmation comes through

Else, its the Lumia 730 for me
    11-23-14 12:00 AM
    will navfree work in Z3 ?? In app world in the supported devices list only z10 and z30 are listed
    11-30-14 11:42 AM
    will navfree work in Z3 ?? In app world in the supported devices list only z10 and z30 are listed
    Visit BBworld with that phone. Then find Navfree and see if it will download. It might say "not available for this device."
    11-30-14 07:37 PM