Official Blaq for BlackBerry 10 Thread
Blaq for BlackBerry 10 is now available! I wanted to create an official thread for questions, comments, feedback, etc.
BlackBerry World: BlackBerry World - Blaq for BlackBerry 10
Introductory Price: $2.99
- Beautiful, intuitive NATIVE user interface
- Fast scrolling - no need to wait
- Interactive gesture engine for quick actions to keep you moving
- REAL-TIME Twitter streaming support
- Power-conscious - When minimized, Blaq goes into low-power mode to save battery
- The most advanced muting system - mute based on multiple criteria
- Sharing - Share from just about any app to Blaq and vice versa!
- Active Frame - Know when you get new tweets, mentions or direct messages
- BBM integration - share tweets updates with your BBM contacts
- Native or editable retweet support (hold down on RT icon in detail screen)
- In-app notifications
- Twitter Username auto-completion
- Full user profile view
- Image previews within Blaq
- View your lists curated from Twitter.com
- Multi-account support
- Search people and tweets
- Photo posting - Twitter
- Q10 support
I will try to answer as many questions as possible. There are some I won't be able to answer and if I can't, I'll let you know.
How do I retweet with comments/quote tweet?
Tap on the tweet then hold down on the RT icon (second icon).
Where are hub notifications?
Something is in the works We don't have much access to the Hub directly (showing a tab on the left for Blaq specifically, etc).
We have something planned. No timeline yet.
- CrackBerry Abuser
04-18-13, 01:12 AM #3
- 195 Posts
Just purchased it and like the way it works. Do have one question though - when minimized to an active frame and set to pull every hour, does this mean it will check for new tweets every hour?
Seems like it's still updating even when I have it minimized. I don't want the app continually checking for new tweets unless I'm in it and using it. Seems like it would kill the battery and use lots of data. Anyone on the best settings?
Posted via CB10
- 04-18-13, 02:53 AM #7
Is there a translate Tweet function? I follow a few Japanese artists and was wondering if I could translate their tweets to English? The desktop version uses Bing translate...so I was wondering if Blaq does this, and how it works?
- 04-18-13, 03:32 AM #9
I have mentioned this on a few other threads but as this is the official one I thought I would mention it again.
Very stylish but it is another twitter app that doesn't remember where in the timeline I last was so I have to make a note of the time I last checked twitter and then scroll backwards if I close the app. Only neatly remembers my place in the timeline but it is so slow. Are there any plans to keep the place in the timeline in a future update?
It would also be nice if when you went on the different icons when you gesture to the left or right that text came up saying what they are much like the cb10 app does.
Posted via CB10 from my great Z10
- 04-18-13, 05:03 AM #10
I love how when you're at the top of your timeline, you can see the counter on the right counting up by the second so you see when the tweet was sent.
Had blaq on the PlayBook, got it on the Z10.
- 04-18-13, 05:31 AM #13
- CrackBerry Abuser
04-18-13, 05:33 AM #14
- 199 Posts
Still need translation features and when viewing a user 's tweets, its only limited to 20. I'm loving what I'm seeing now with the gestures and the ui and hope it improves. It's hard to fit everything the PlayBook can so with such a small screen but i gotta say a job well done
Posted via CB10
- 04-18-13, 07:08 AM #18
Re-post from another thread:
Mentioned above in another post: need an "Icon Description" popup or something, not only because there are so many and we aren't used to them yet, but with one-handed use in the right hand, my thumb covers all the icons on the right side when I pull the timeline to the left.
Solution: make the timeline bar at the top transition to the icon description when pulling left / right for actions/icons. Maybe a nice animation when you pull the timeline to the left, an "overlay" bar slides out FROM the left and temporarily covers the timeline bar, then the mirror image from the opposite side when pulling to the right? That way, as you move the timeline sideways, the bar pops out in the opposite direction
One handed use with the left hand causes the same issue on the other side, but since that side lets the timeline stay in position, you can move your thumb and see the icons before selecting.
Did that make sense?
Love it, though. I'm only a light-weight twitterer, and have Blaq on my PlayBook, but this version blows the PB away. Go get it now!
- 04-18-13, 08:17 AM #22
- CrackBerry Newbie
04-18-13, 08:22 AM #23
- 3 Posts
This is a great app. I do have some questions.
1. When I view another person's timeline I can only view limited tweets.
2. Also, I tried to search for a twitter user but I can't seems to tap on the option 'Users with "_"'
I hope this can be clarify.
Posted via CB10
- By Kevin Michaluk in forum BlackBerry OS AppsReplies: 214Last Post: 06-06-13, 10:26 PM
- By mcmolineux in forum BlackBerry 10 AppsReplies: 8Last Post: 03-30-13, 04:46 AM
- By kumesb in forum BlackBerry 10 AppsReplies: 5Last Post: 02-13-13, 11:24 AM
- By der00 in forum News & RumorsReplies: 5Last Post: 05-02-09, 03:04 AM
- By silertab in forum Storm OS DiscussionReplies: 5Last Post: 02-21-09, 06:11 PM