Moving from an iPhone 4S and a Pre3 I'm used to using apps like TapNote (on webOS) or PlainText (on iOS) that let you edit txt files stored in your Dropbox and automatically sync any changes. Do any apps like this exist for BB10?

Preferably one like PlainText that supports folders and gives you the option of either choosing which folder to sync with the app or syncing all txt files in your Dropbox? An Android app that lets me do this might be acceptable if no native apps exist. All the ones for Android I've found so far though try to create their own folder to sync to which I do not want since I will lose the ability to sync with my TouchPad Go tablet if I use them.

Thanks in advance for any help!
    02-03-14 09:09 AM
    You might want to look into Abi Notes. They have cloud synchronization in the paid version.
    02-03-14 09:11 AM
    I checked out Abi Notes but it doesn't seem to offer Dropbox syncing just backup/restore. I'm looking for an app with live syncing like PlainText on iOS or TapNote on webOS. Does anyone have any ideas? I can't be the only person who uses this. :/
    02-24-14 08:50 AM
    Why not use Evernote?

Posted via CB10
    02-24-14 11:39 AM
    I prefer the flexibility .txt files offer. I can easily edit them with my PC without having to install additional software. I guess I'm just surprised that it seems neither BB10 or Android offer an app that does this. I would gladly purchase it if one existed.
    02-24-14 12:03 PM
    It's a major frustration for me. I have a Dropbox-based text editor for MacOS, iOS, and Android; the Android solution is horribly inferior to the other two�*and now it seems that BB10 has nothing at all, really.
    cbosdell likes this.
    03-10-14 08:47 AM
    I have been looking for the same thing. I haven't found anything native. I do own an android app called "draft" which seems to work on my q10. I turn off the top quickbar option for the extra screen space. Android has another one called lightpaper, but I haven't bought that/tried it on bb10.
    03-10-14 06:19 PM
    I have been looking for the same thing. I haven't found anything native. I do own an android app called "draft" which seems to work on my q10. I turn off the top quickbar option for the extra screen space. Android has another one called lightpaper, but I haven't bought that/tried it on bb10.
    I bought draft but couldn't get it to let me log in to my dropbox account. I'll have to check out lightpaper.
    03-10-14 06:26 PM
    Notepad plus does this. It basically allows you to save files anywhere, including in bb10's synced dropbox folder.

It does have a few issues though, so it might not be perfect for you.

docs to go works this way too, and is more reliable than notepad plus. It also has undo/redo. Unfortunately, its font for text files is huge, and as near as I can tell, non-configurable.

Posted via CB10
    eninrebmun likes this.
    03-10-14 06:31 PM
    I am not sure if I am missing the core concept OP was laying out for us, but I like using plaintext also, and am also an avid Dropbox user (wishing I could use copy.com natively, but that's another story).

I often edit files straight in my Dropbox from the file manager's native integration. Docs to Go is the program that does the editing. Does that not work? Or was there something I am missing.

edit: sorry gabbleratchet, I was typing as you were posting. I guess you beat me to it. ;-)
    gabbleratchet likes this.
    03-10-14 06:34 PM
    I am not sure if I am missing the core concept OP was laying out for us, but I like using plaintext also, and am also an avid Dropbox user (wishing I could use copy.com natively, but that's another story).

I often edit files straight in my Dropbox from the file manager's native integration. Docs to Go is the program that does the editing. Does that not work? Or was there something I am missing.

edit: sorry gabbleratchet, I was typing as you were posting. I guess you beat me to it. ;-)
    I suppose you are right that way technically works but opening up the txt file in docs to go has the font so large it's almost impossible to work with the file without entirely too much panning around. And even though it works its nowhere near as simple and user-friendly as the apps on other platforms I've mentioned.

I wasn't aware of Notepad Plus and so far it seems to be the best option so I will be using it for now. Thanks!
    03-10-14 08:39 PM
    I'd also LOVE to see this.

An app that started up with a list of plaintext notes in a pre-selected Dropbox folder, and allowed me to make quick changes with auto-save and undo.

Universal search integration would also be a huge plus.

That would be MUCH better than tediously having to browse to the required Dropbox folder over a slow edge connection, to edit it with Docs to Go!
    nasenpflaster likes this.
    03-12-14 02:57 AM
    I'd also LOVE to see this.

An app that started up with a list of plaintext notes in a pre-selected Dropbox folder, and allowed me to make quick changes with auto-save and undo.

Universal search integration would also be a huge plus.

That would be MUCH better than tediously having to browse to the required Dropbox folder over a slow edge connection, to edit it with Docs to Go!
    Use the Connect to Dropbox app to sync the folder. Then use Noted's Plain Text editing features to edit the locally sync'd file copies. Should work great.

To open and edit a plain text file in Noted, you tap the overflow (three vertical dots) in a category, then tap Link. This also creates a link/shortcut to the file in whatever category you're in.
    03-12-14 08:19 AM
    Have you looked at noted, this can sync with dropbox, one drive and box through BlackBerry file manger very nicely.

The dev is constantly updating this app and communicates well with app users.

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/18919692

Posted via CB10
    Carterbits likes this.
    03-12-14 08:28 AM
    Use the Connect to Dropbox app to sync the folder. Then use Noted's Plain Text editing features to edit the locally sync'd file copies. Should work great.

To open and edit a plain text file in Noted, you tap the overflow (three vertical dots) in a category, then tap Link. This also creates a link/shortcut to the file in whatever category you're in.
    I'm only now understanding that the Pin feature would enable local syncing of my Dropbox files.

Is there any way for me to "Link" a folder full of text files, rather than merely a single file?
    I'd love to be able to create a note from my desktop in my Dropbox "notes" folder, and then come back to my BB, fire up your program, and have it automatically repopulate the list from the notes folder. Is anything like that possible?
    03-14-14 12:34 AM
    For anyone looking for something similar I finally found a working solution to have a Notes app that syncs with Dropbox. I settled on Draft from the Google Play store since no native app is available that does what I want it to. I had tried several times before with this app but couldn't get it to connect to Dropbox. The trick was to install the Android Dropbox APK through snap before then the app used the Android Dropbox to authenticate and now syncing works great.
    07-14-14 02:02 AM