I'd like to shift from Android to a more security-focused platform, but the ability to record calls bilaterally without enabling speakerphone is mandatory for my purposes.

Is this possible at all under BB10, regardless of device or region of purchase?
    07-23-16 04:21 PM
    I'd like to shift from Android to a more security-focused platform, but the ability to record calls bilaterally without enabling speakerphone is mandatory for my purposes.

Is this possible at all under BB10, regardless of device or region of purchase?
    Unfortunately it's not reliably possible. Blackberry hasn't release the API to allow the recording of both sides of a telephone conversation. Some have reported mixed success by maximizing the volume of their phone calls however it's not reproducible throughout the BB10 lineup.
    07-24-16 01:44 AM
    I've purchased this call recorder because I've also searched for such option, to record calls without using speakerphone, and this call recorded let me use in that way flawlessly

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/42755887
    07-24-16 07:17 AM
    Check out Call recorder 10 in BlackBerry World! You can find it at http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/17843448

Posted via CB10
    07-24-16 10:15 AM
    I use parrot from the Blackberry store on my Passport. Never had a problem recording both ends of the conversation.

Posted via CB10
    07-24-16 12:17 PM
    Thanks for the replies. I fired an email to Parrot to confirm the device compatibility and the non-speakerphone functionality. The other two apps linked had mixed reviews that suggested poor performance unless speakerphone was enabled.
    07-25-16 05:13 PM
    Parrot pro user here and I've never be able to get it to record the other person in a phone call. It will record me talking but not the other person.

Posted via CB10
    07-30-16 07:18 AM
    I would like to hear the response of the OP's email to parrot, if it is really capable to record the phone calls without using the speakerphone. I've read almost all the reviews in the BB app world and non of the users didn't exclusively report that it is possible.

Even one user report that it is not possible, and that's why I didn't want to purchase, and have decided to buy above call recorder.

Attachment 405152

For me, the quality of above call recorder ( http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/42755887 ) is pretty good, on my Q5, but it is more worth to me to have at least such quality, than to be forced to record the calls only in a way that I need to be alone somewhere

Maybe the problem with recordings, jlc0312, of only one side of speaking is because you are on headphones?! Can't tell for sure, because I don't have parrot pro, to be able to try.
    07-30-16 08:03 AM