No Wonder Telegram doesn't have a native BlackBerry 10 App - Find out how telegram responded to TB10

This is what telegram has to say about why TB10 was abandoned - we think BlackBerry users deserve to know how telegram responded to us and why there is still no full native telegram app for BlackBerry

The conversations end with the last message we sent to them with a ton of disappointment - we were less surprised when TB10 wasnt in the announcements and more disappointed because of the responses telegram gave us - we send them the full BAR file yet they are not able to install, in addition they couldn't find out what version they are on in their phones.

Kudos TELEGRAM - nice job.
    Attached Thumbnails No Wonder Telegram doesn't have a native BlackBerry 10 App - Find out how telegram responded to TB10-1.jpg   No Wonder Telegram doesn't have a native BlackBerry 10 App - Find out how telegram responded to TB10-2.jpg   No Wonder Telegram doesn't have a native BlackBerry 10 App - Find out how telegram responded to TB10-3.jpg   No Wonder Telegram doesn't have a native BlackBerry 10 App - Find out how telegram responded to TB10-4.jpg   No Wonder Telegram doesn't have a native BlackBerry 10 App - Find out how telegram responded to TB10-5.jpg  

No Wonder Telegram doesn't have a native BlackBerry 10 App - Find out how telegram responded to TB10-6.jpg   No Wonder Telegram doesn't have a native BlackBerry 10 App - Find out how telegram responded to TB10-7.jpg   No Wonder Telegram doesn't have a native BlackBerry 10 App - Find out how telegram responded to TB10-8.jpg   No Wonder Telegram doesn't have a native BlackBerry 10 App - Find out how telegram responded to TB10-9.jpg   No Wonder Telegram doesn't have a native BlackBerry 10 App - Find out how telegram responded to TB10-10.jpg  

05-05-15 11:28 AM
    Thank god for your insight. To be honest, I tried your app sometimes ago but was not able to make it fully work...will you drop the dev or continue?

Posted via CB10
    AHAMTECH likes this.
    05-05-15 12:34 PM
    Thank god for your insight. To be honest, I tried your app sometimes ago but was not able to make it fully work...will you drop the dev or continue?

Posted via CB10
    Thank you for response
    honestly TB10 is only a work of one month FULL time result. after sending the app for submissions we haven't changed a line of code. updated only languages from contributors. we are afraid we will not be developing anymore as it takes full time working hours which is not possible.
    05-05-15 12:53 PM
    DumbA$$ telegram idiots!

U would have been totally annoyed!!

Posted via CB10
    AHAMTECH likes this.
    05-05-15 01:30 PM
    DumbA$$ telegram idiots!

U would have been totally annoyed!!

Posted via CB10
    hey, yes we were actually. initially we thought we shouldn't post this publicly but after all these days we thought people should know whats going on being the screen - we could have developed TB10 more but telegram responses made us abandon our own work. believe me or not our own devices do not have TB10 installed.
    05-05-15 01:37 PM
    Shame on Telegram team for that! But you are going to make open source and donate to the community right? =)
    https://github.com/Ahamtech/TB10

TB10 is one of the best Telegram client, i'm sure the community can continue to build your amazing work
    AHAMTECH likes this.
    05-05-15 01:46 PM
    Shame on Telegram team for that! But you are going to make open source and donate to the community right? =)

TB10 is one of the best Telegram client, i'm sure the community can continue to build your amazing work
    Sure we will make the code opensource - initially we were about to make it opensource then we hold it back because telegram mentioned winners should make their code opensource but it seems not all of them has made it opensource which made us wonder whats happening out there.

Then we got occupied with other apps, then we waited for May 1st results - which apparently are not announced.

So i believe it will be out soon probably in less than a week. we are just finishing the slack client for BlackBerry. we will find some time to pull up our archives and publish the code with in the matter of days.
    05-05-15 01:54 PM
    The things are changed, Bomogram devs has released also the source code
    https://github.com/bbgram/bbgram

I think soon every winners are going to make open source
    AHAMTECH likes this.
    05-05-15 02:12 PM
    The things are changed, Bomogram devs has released also the source code
    https://github.com/bbgram/bbgram

I think soon every winners are going to make open source
    hmm i presume they waited for May 1st too :P - no worries we will publish ours too probably in a couple of days or so - if all apps can make one workable app- we have to wait and see then.
    05-05-15 02:19 PM
    Telegram team sound like a bunch of incompetent buffoons.
    AHAMTECH and Ealaionta like this.
    05-05-15 02:32 PM
    Nice app

Posted via my BlackBerry �
    AHAMTECH likes this.
    05-05-15 02:34 PM
    Nice app

Posted via my BlackBerry �
    thanks a ton
    petertinh likes this.
    05-05-15 02:40 PM
    The Telegram team should be deeply embarrassed about this. Absolutely ridiculous, and totally disrespectful. Shame on them.

Posted via CB10
    laserx likes this.
    05-05-15 03:06 PM
    I really don't see the issue you are having. They asked you repeatedly to load it to BlackBerry World, which you did, but it would not work for them. Instead of blaming them, which you did, you could have tried to troubleshoot the issue beyond "what device and OS are you using" or maybe walk them through how to find out what OS version? I'm sure that you could make the app available to all OS versions regardless, so why not try that? Please don't assume that everyone is knowledgeable in how to sideload a bar file onto a BB10 device. Continually hounding them that you have attached the bar file does nothing unless they know how to sideload.
    05-05-15 03:18 PM
    I really don't see the issue you are having. They asked you repeatedly to load it to BlackBerry World, which you did, but it would not work for them. Instead of blaming them, which you did, you could have tried to troubleshoot the issue beyond "what device and OS are you using" or maybe walk them through how to find out what OS version? I'm sure that you could make the app available to all OS versions regardless, so why not try that? Please don't assume that everyone is knowledgeable in how to sideload a bar file onto a BB10 device. Continually hounding them that you have attached the bar file does nothing unless they know how to sideload.
    Actually we should assume that they should know how to find device version numbers. It is universally the same process on every platform. Open settings and scroll down to about. Telegram should be at least expected to have basic technical knowledge no?

Posted via CB10
    AHAMTECH, bungaboy and dmlis like this.
    05-05-15 03:29 PM
    Actually we should assume that they should know how to find device version numbers. It is universally the same process on every platform. Open settings and scroll down to about. Telegram should be at least expected to have basic technical knowledge no?

Posted via CB10
    I am pretty sure Telegram dev team has all the technical knowledge but the burden of making things work when you ask for help is on the asker of help, not the recipient. It doesn't help that BAR file needs to be sideloaded, why can't BAR file install like APK that you can just dump into the phone?? I remember the old JAD files back in BBOS days installed easily just like APKs. All the sideloading crap is just another hurdle from BlackBerry dev process.
    AHAMTECH likes this.
    05-05-15 03:54 PM
    hi, our build wouldn't work for all versions - it is obvious that it should work on all versions but the least possible we could go is 10.2- over that if they couldn't give us the version details how is it possible to troubleshoot the problem? well they were not clear about that installing a BAR file is rocket science for them. And we have also given them access to sandbox - i agree everyone do not have knowledge how to side load a BAR file? well the first time they announced the contest the only means to participate in the contest is email the BAR file without updating it in the BBW. more over they are not everyone - they are supposed to be developer grade. in the end its i could be our mistake not to make it for all versions. but they are not even able to let us know what version they are on - or not communicating clearly what is their problem.
    05-05-15 09:32 PM
    Can you share the latest bar file? I would like to load it and start using it.

Posted via CB10
    AHAMTECH likes this.
    05-05-15 09:48 PM

here you go

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe.../#post11617013
    05-05-15 10:03 PM
    Can you share the latest bar file? I would like to load it and start using it.

Posted via CB10
    we will try put it up somewhere thanks
    05-05-15 10:04 PM
    Accidental like, can't unlike from CB10

They did ask if the Telegram team has any issues they need to be resolved. Incapability of sideloading should have been mentioned in the first email Telegram sent to them after they attached the BAR file.

This reeks of developers having to talk to either marketing or management, which do not want to tell the world that they know absolutely nothing about development. Technical developers do not feel shame when they need to ask for guidance on how to use a product they commissioned

Z10 STL100-1/10.3.1.2576
    AHAMTECH likes this.
    05-06-15 12:03 AM
    By the way, Z30 screen resolution is 720 x 1280, Z10 resolution is 768 x 1280. I see you had the Z30 resolution incorrectly listed as 768 x 1280. As a dev you should know better than that. Also, why do so many "techie" people try to sound like robots? Did you read those heavily wordy messages you sent. The tone could have been a little softer and accommodating in my opinion. It sounded a bit too harsh. You could have broken it down into plain, comfortable language.

Posted via CB10
    05-06-15 05:43 AM
    By the way, Z30 screen resolution is 720 x 1280, Z10 resolution is 768 x 1280. I see you had the Z30 resolution incorrectly listed as 768 x 1280. As a dev you should know better than that. Also, why do so many "techie" people try to sound like robots? Did you read those heavily wordy messages you sent. The tone could have been a little softer and accommodating in my opinion. It sounded a bit too harsh. You could have broken it down into plain, comfortable language.

Posted via CB10
    hahahaha - well for the matter of fact, probably we wanted it to be harsh. because if you have noticed the date and time stamps beside the Z30 resolution, you could have noticed how many messages we sent before getting a response, that too after announcing the results. They didn't even sent us a message that they couldn't install the BAR file on the day we have sent. The way they behaved we would say we sounded far descent than we should be.

By the way thanks for the knowledge on Z30.
    Last edited by AHAMTECH; 05-06-15 at 09:27 AM.
    05-06-15 07:13 AM
    When something like this happens with my customers, I contact them directly to assist them in solving the issues. Email only support is a poor way of communication. It takes too long between questions and answers. So as a note to developers, voice to voice works best when solving issues.
    Also, the tone of voice is important. Talk to customers like you are trying to get your mother support, unless you hate your mother.
    AHAMTECH and BCITMike like this.
    05-06-15 07:27 AM
    When something like this happens with my customers, I contact them directly to assist them in solving the issues. Email only support is a poor way of communication. It takes too long between questions and answers. So as a note to developers, voice to voice works best when solving issues.
    Indeed
    05-06-15 07:29 AM
35 12