hey guys
    so I really had no problems with whatsapp on my Z10. everything worked fine. since 2 days some random problems popped out of nowhere.. I dont get notifications at all. which means no led, no sound, no notification in the hub. same issue with the text messages. I have to open whatsapp every 15min to see if somebody responded. I did several battery pulls, reinstalled whatsapp, checked the alerts in the settings but no change at all. does anybody have the same issue? shall I wait till a new update comes out? thanks, xx

Posted via CB10
    06-09-13 05:51 PM
    Hi, and welcome to CrackBerry!
    Please update your profile to include device, carrier, and location. Makes it easier for others to help you.

First thing thing to try is a device reset. (NOT the same as a restart.)
    Hold down top button, for about 30 seconds. Keep pressing it down, ignoring onscreen countdown and restart option, BB splashscreen, black screen, red LED, BB splashscreen again. I keep holding it down until I see the blue startup icon.

If that didn't help, next look at WhatsApp's permissions.
    From home screen or Hub, swipe down from top and tap Settings. Select Security and Privacy with the yellow padlock icon, the Application Permission at top.
    Scroll down to WhatsApp. Ensure everything is set to On. Tap Back in bottom left corner to save.
    Were any of them Off?

Either of those help?
    Last edited by elite1; 06-10-13 at 03:37 AM.
    06-09-13 06:36 PM
    Hello and thank you very much. I did the reset and checked the settings, everything works again The only thing that was turned off in the permissions was "location" because I think it's not necessary for whatsapp to locate me..
    06-10-13 02:43 AM
    Hi, and welcome to CrackBerry!
    Please update your profile to include device, carrier, and location. Makes it easier for others to help you.

First thing thing to try is a device reset. (NOT the same as a restart.)
    Hold down top button, for about 30 seconds. Keep pressing it down, ignoring onscreen countdown and restart option, BB splashscreen, black screen, red LED, BB splashscreen again. I keep holding it down until I see the blue startup icon.

If that didn't help, next like at WhatsApp's permissions.
    From home screen or Hub, swipe down from top and tap Settings. Select Security and Privacy with the yellow padlock icon, the Application Permission at top.
    Scroll down to WhatsApp. Ensure everything is set to On. Tap Back in bottom left corner to save.
    Were any of them Off?

Either of those help?
    okay no. It worked fine the last hour but now the same problems are back not receiving text messages is worse than no whatsapp notifications...shall I take the sim card out and then see?
    06-10-13 03:21 AM
    Just for the sake of trying everything, please set that Location permission to On, hit Back to save it and close the Settings. Then do a device reset again.

See how you do after that reboot.

This is how you CB10, son!
    06-10-13 03:36 AM
    I already did that but didn't help. when I do a reset it works for an hour. I receive missed text messages, whatsapp notification and so on.. but after an hour I have the same problems again
    06-10-13 03:46 AM
    I'll see if any of my fellow Ambassadors have any other suggestions.

06-10-13 05:48 AM
    Hey guys,

I'm having the same problem aswell I've reinstalled the OS, did battery pulls and the device reset thing and it works for the first 30 minutes or so then suddenly stops

I genuinely don't know what else to do!

Posted via CB10
    06-10-13 08:04 AM
    Hey guys,

I'm having the same problem aswell I've reinstalled the OS, did battery pulls and the device reset thing and it works for the first 30 minutes or so then suddenly stops

I genuinely don't know what else to do!

Posted via CB10
    how is this even possible. seems like our BBs are quite bipolar
    It really drives me crazy, especially the text message issue. maybe someone should change the title of this thread to "no whatsapp/sms notification". anyways, I did a reset to factory settings now. I will let you know if it helped!
    06-10-13 11:23 AM
    One idea for you to try.

From Home Screens or Hub, swipe down from top, tap Settings.
    Tap Category bar, select Network from dropdown.
    Tap overflow menu dots in bottom right corner, select only option: Register BlackBerry.
    Back out, close Settings.
    If issues(s) reoccur, perform decide reset onc.

no whatsapp notification!-img_00000532.png

Did that help? If so, did it help with or without needing to perform a reset?

06-10-13 11:25 AM
    One idea for you to try.

Tap overflow menu dots in bottom right corner, select only option: Register BlackBerry.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000532.png 
Views:	361 
Size:	66.7 KB 
ID:	170413

Okay! So I did the reset to factory settings. After that whatsapp worked again but the text message problem was not solved. also I could not delete old text messages.
    Now I did the "Register BlackBerry" thing and after ANOTHER reset it works again I'm so happy right now but I still don't get why this happened..... thank you very much!
    06-10-13 02:31 PM
    One idea for you to try.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000532.png 
Views:	361 
Size:	66.7 KB 
ID:	170413

I take everything back. texts and whatsapp same problems =(
    06-10-13 03:35 PM
    Flash a leak and see if you still have problems

Posted via CB10
    06-10-13 05:18 PM
    Flash a leak and see if you still have problems

Posted via CB10
    I'm sorry but what exactly does that mean ?
    06-11-13 04:37 AM
    I have got the same issue and I've done the same things....

Nothing happens.......
    09-23-13 08:46 AM
    I know this is old but do you still have the issue?
    03-19-15 10:28 AM