I've been taking the time to email every company that I want to bring their app to BB10 and asking them to do such. I usually point out how I would prefer a native app but note that it is very easy to convert their existing Android app to BlackBerry 10. When I wrote to Mercedes I even wrote that with BlackBerry's sponsorship of their F1 team I'm sure that BlackBerry would be willing to help them bring their app over. Well, I guess the sponsorship only goes one way because Mercedes wrote me back that "at this time, there are no plans to bring the Blackberry Mbrace app back into the BlackBerry App World." Lovely
    Grumblegrumble likes this.
    04-10-13 06:00 PM
    Cold comfort, but at least they answered back.

Well done with contacting organizations about their apps!
    04-10-13 06:19 PM
    I've been taking the time to email every company that I want to bring their app to BB10 and asking them to do such. I usually point out how I would prefer a native app but note that it is very easy to convert their existing Android app to BlackBerry 10. When I wrote to Mercedes I even wrote that with BlackBerry's sponsorship of their F1 team I'm sure that BlackBerry would be willing to help them bring their app over. Well, I guess the sponsorship only goes one way because Mercedes wrote me back that "at this time, there are no plans to bring the Blackberry Mbrace app back into the BlackBerry App World." Lovely
    Apps will come with time... you just wait...lol
    04-10-13 06:22 PM
    It a waste of time waiting for apps. I will not wait around 2 years for apps to show up. Every week they published less than 10 apps, some I have never heard of. Those are not big names apps. Apps can't even run in the background. Active frame doesn't solved it, that's a cop out on blackberry's part. I recommend people to keep their old device or switch platform. BBOS has better apps than BB10 even if they are no longer getting updates.
    04-10-13 08:42 PM
    I knew what I signed up for. No complaints.

Posted via CB10
    Elite1 likes this.
    04-10-13 09:52 PM
    It a waste of time waiting for apps. I will not wait around 2 years for apps to show up. Every week they published less than 10 apps, some I have never heard of. Those are not big names apps. Apps can't even run in the background. Active frame doesn't solved it, that's a cop out on blackberry's part. I recommend people to keep their old device or switch platform. BBOS has better apps than BB10 even if they are no longer getting updates.
    The apps will come. The more people buy the phone, the faster the apps will come. The more people ask the developers, the faster they will come. Frankly, I have just about all the apps I "need" and most of the ones I don't have but want you can get the same function on the Z10's great web browser.
    Elite1 likes this.
    04-11-13 12:05 AM
    The apps will come. The more people buy the phone, the faster the apps will come. The more people ask the developers, the faster they will come.
    Totally agree. Polite persistence is the quickest path to your favourite apps arriving om BB10.

Frankly, I have just about all the apps I "need" and most of the ones I don't have but want you can get the same function on the Z10's great web browser.
    Again, agree for most part.
    Apps I probably miss most are RBC banking, PayByPhone, Poynt, and Air Miles.

On weekend I finally added icons to home screen from the browser for RBC, Air Miles, and PayByPhone. Honestly works at least as well as the legacy BBOS versions of those apps.
    One day I'll finally sideload Poynt.

This is how you CB10, son!
    04-11-13 11:47 AM
    I've been taking the time to email every company that I want to bring their app to BB10 (
    Lol Why don't you just switch to android or ios.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-13 12:21 PM
    I am thinking about buying a Ford Fusion Energi plug-in hybrid. Ford provides an app to control and monitor the car remotely, but (of course) only on iPhone and Android.

I sent an email to Ford's customer service for the app and got the standard response "we don't have current plans to develop an app for BlackBerry....yada yada".

I shot back that Tesla Motors has a dedicated app for BB10 and they have now been moved to the top of my list. I also added that as a stop-gap they could port the Android app to BB10. I then got a reply back that my email would be sent to the developers since he didn't know about that possibilty.
    04-11-13 12:57 PM
    Here's the last email I got :

Thank you for your email to the MyFord Mobile Support Team.

We have submitted your feedback regarding the lack of a MyFord Mobile application for the Blackberry platform. Our team utilizes customer feedback for determining future plans. They will be able to review what you have mentioned regarding the ease of porting the application.

You can also submit any ideas that you have to the website www.fordnewideas.com

Have a great day,

Ford Motor Company
    Nick
    MyFord Mobile Support Center

Posted via CB10
    04-11-13 04:01 PM