Looks like we wont get ooVoo on the BB10 platform. Very disappointing because BB10 will need a top notch
    cross platform video chat app to compete in the market. Thats a key app this will play a big part in the succes of BB10.
    Even a cross platform msging app will need to be included. BB10 users need to communicate with friends and
    fam who dont own BBs.

Solved: 12/25/2012 1:45 AM EDT:
    Hi funkymixx,

Thank you for writing to us.
    Our application is available on: Apple Mac and PC Windows, or mobile with iOS or Android operating systems.
    We do not support mobile devices, computers or platforms with: Linux, Blackberry, or mobile devices running Windows or Symbian operating systems. We will not be adding the ooVoo app for these devices.
    I hope you will be able to join the ooVoo community from one of our supported platforms!

-ooVoo Eric
    AfroZepher likes this.
    12-25-12 06:36 PM
    Thought this was already known.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2
    12-25-12 06:56 PM
    Big deal...they sound like lame devs anyway...and only for iOS and andriod does not sound anything like cross platform to me anyway...skype would be nice though...
    12-25-12 07:02 PM
    Even if they are planning on launching an app, they're not going to say so. You just have to wait until launch date.
    12-25-12 07:03 PM
    Yeah really, there's actually no point in asking companies or devs' if they will develop for BB10. We Won't Know until January 30th.
    12-25-12 07:23 PM
    Omg another one of these threads. Guess what , no one will know officially until Jan 30th. That's why you have heard about little to no apps committed to  10. Because your not supposed to know until later next month.

Sent from my BlackBerry by Choice using Tapatalk
    12-25-12 07:34 PM
    I appreciate (as I'm sure many others do) the effort in reaching out to oovoo . . .feel free to keep hounding them if you feel inclined. . .lol
    Oovoo: Support Request
    Do know that the good folks at FaceFlow (Free Video Chat - Quick & Simple | FaceFlow)have announced that they will have their cross platform video chat app available for Blackberry 10 app some time early 2013. . .so yea. . .some devs will announce early and some won't . . .some will support the platform after feedback from us and other will ignore any and all feedback. . .but you wouldn't know unless you ask. . . . I encourage folks to ask. . .it's very little effort on your part and if there is a small chance that with a descent amount of respectful inquiries they may actually consider app support, then it can't hurt. . .

. . .I've got a thread listing contacts, places to vote and petitions for apps to come to BB10 . . .Want your favorite apps to Be on Blackberry 10? Let 'em know!!!!
    Here's a couple of petitions while your at it. . .
    Netflix: Offer Support for RIM Blackberry Devices
    http://www.change.org/petitions/netf...medium=twitter
    Hulu: Allow a Hulu Plus app for BlackBerry Playbook and BB10
    http://www.change.org/petitions/hulu...medium=twitter
    and. . .
    Pandora: Bring App Support to the Blackberry 10 Platform:
    http://www.change.org/petitions/pand...medium=twitter
    . . .
    Here's hoping for the best! Thanks again OP!
    kbz1960 likes this.
    12-25-12 08:03 PM
    ooNoo no ooVoo
    12-25-12 09:29 PM
    Thanks for your consideration. I see why I dont post on Crackberry much now,
    just_luc likes this.
    12-25-12 11:34 PM
    Kind of disappointing since I use this with my college friends, but I guess I really only use my laptop for it anyhow. Would be nice to have on the go though.
    12-25-12 11:42 PM
    Actually this thread is only partially true. I have been emailing some app support centers to try to get them to support bb10. Doesn't hurt ha. I received this response from oovoo last week:

"Thank you for writing to us, we are in the process of evaluating BB10 there is a possibility we will release an version toward the second half of 2013"

So there's a chance.
    AfroZepher likes this.
    12-26-12 12:53 AM
    quite sad that having core, popular apps on bb10 is viewed as a "surprise" to be unveiled. it's not a bonus, it's a necessity.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    AfroZepher likes this.
    12-26-12 01:06 AM
    The hope is with continued comunication with dev these emails will sway thier evaluation . . .it realy doesn't hurt!
    12-26-12 04:12 PM
    We also need to wait until BB10 is out. If it's get enough people using the apps will come.
    12-28-12 11:52 AM
    Who cares if bb10 doesn't have ooVoo. BB10. Will be nothing and fail if it doesn't have MooMooTheCow app. I will email MooMooTheCow and let all you CraZY new out of the blue always complaining cb fans know. I love MooMooTheCow and it's just a must have app.
    Masahiro and V22 like this.
    12-28-12 04:10 PM
    Who cares if bb10 doesn't have ooVoo. BB10. Will be nothing and fail if it doesn't have MooMooTheCow app. I will email MooMooTheCow and let all you CraZY new out of the blue always complaining cb fans know. I love MooMooTheCow and it's just a must have app.
    what's wrong with you?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    kg4icg and shupor like this.
    12-30-12 01:45 AM
    We also need to wait until BB10 is out. If it's get enough people using the apps will come.
    . . .Catch 22 . . .chances are folks won't get the devices without app support from popular well known devs . . .
    12-30-12 04:58 PM
    I've thought about building a cross platform video chat and IM app. The problem is infrastructure costs. But its a nice idea.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9360 using Tapatalk
    12-31-12 12:12 AM
    It seems that oovoo confirmed with the CBC at CES:

“We’re in talks to integrate with [BlackBerry Messenger] and we’re working on a Windows version,” says Jay Samit, president of ooVoo, a video chat service. “But they’re such a niche market.”

The link to the CBC article:
    RIM, Microsoft barely missed at CES 2013 - Technology & Science - CBC News

The "journalist" that wrote the piece wasn't to nice to either BlackBerry or Windows
    01-09-13 10:35 PM
    Here's a picture of the ooVoo icon from @nerdberry
    ooVoo Icon Seen On The BlackBerry Experience Homepage | NerdBerry.net
    01-11-13 09:10 PM
    01-11-13 09:31 PM
    01-29-13 08:44 AM
    Later this year...why?

Sent from my BlackBerry by Choice using Tapatalk
    01-29-13 01:11 PM