I'm quite disappointed to see that there are no banking apps in BB World. I miss my Bank of America App. Does anyone know if and when they will provide an app along with others?

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    06-12-13 10:24 AM
    You would need to call Bank of America as they would be the ones developing the app and tell them you want to know when they will support BB 10. There are plenty of banking apps but they are specific to the bank and developed by them.
    06-12-13 10:29 AM
    The Android conversion doesn't work either. I've tried.
    06-12-13 10:31 AM
    Hi PN,

First of all welcome to the crackberry forums.

In regards to your query, it's definitely not accurate to say their are no banking apps in blackberry world.. All but one of the major banks here in canada have released apps, and many smaller banks and credit unions have as well. I can't speak to how many american banks have come to the table, but scrolling through app world just now with the keyword bank brought up several pages. If bank of america has not released an app your beef is with them. Call, email, write, your bank and tell them as a paying customer you want a Blackberry 10 app.

Attachment 171197

P.S I've flagged this thread and requested a mod update the title to something more reflective of yor specific desire for a Bank of America app.
    06-12-13 10:32 AM
    I'd have to say that's a misleading title...

A few different financial institutions do have applications in BlackBerry World, CIBC, Scotiabank, HDFC, PC Financial Group, TD, ING Direct and many more...

The best course of action is to communicate with the bank and file a complaint. And also please use less inflammatory titles, I know that this information doesn't help you specifically or reduce your frustration, but financial institutions make their own apps, and BlackBerry can't do much to incite them until the user base is there, double edge sword.

Posted via CB10
    06-12-13 10:32 AM
    You could use the mobile site for BoA and it should work well. I've been using it that as a substitute, but yeah.....a native app would be nice....I really dont see the major US banks making BB10 apps anytime soon. Not enough demand.
    06-12-13 10:33 AM
    There are banking apps in blackberry world like TD and Scotiabank. Before the apps came out I just used my browser to go to their mobile site and saved it on my homepage. Actually the app is the same as find to their mobile site. At least it was for Scotia.

Kick'n it with my Z10. #BB10believe
    06-12-13 10:38 AM
    Hey, sorry about the broad discription or misleading title. Im here in the US and forgot that this forum is also for abroad and did not think about it. I was just looking for the major US banks. Thanks for the info.
    just_luc likes this.
    06-12-13 10:54 AM
    Hey, sorry about the broad discription in the title. Im here in the US and forgot that this forum is also for abroad and did not think about it. Thanks for the info
    Try this:
    https://www.bankofamerica.com/online...net-banking.go

I have a few mobile websites as bookmarks on my home screen and most work similarly to having an app. Not as convenient, but adequate.

Posted via CB10
    thatplaybookguy likes this.
    06-12-13 11:02 AM
    I have contact info for many of the U.S. banks that haven't released apps for BB10 yet in the thread in my signature.

These banks likely don't have anything against Blackberry 10, they just haven't seen enough demand yet from their customer base to make it worth their while. This is where you guys step in. Please go through the list in my thread, and fire off an email to the ones you're interested in.

Alec Saunders can't do all the work, we've got to show these devs that there is in fact demand for BB10 support.
    06-12-13 11:02 AM
    Just go to the website via browser and go into options and hit add to homepage. Same ****. Simple fix for now.

Posted via CB10
    06-12-13 11:03 AM
    Meanwhile you may just browse to you "Bank of America" website (ideally mobile site if they have) then Add it to your Home screen
    (3dot > Add to Home Screen )
    If the mobile site is well done, you may event be confused if this is an apps or a weblink
    06-12-13 11:13 AM
    Just go to the website via browser and go into options and hit add to homepage. Same ****. Simple fix for now.

Posted via CB10
    While I agree with you (I've done exactly that with RBC in Canada), adding a shortcut to the mobile site on my home page is not the final solution.

This means that we're ok with developers continuing to support iOS and Android and BB10 users have to resort to shortcuts. I'd like to see these banks invest some resources specifically into BB10 to show they actually acknowledge the platform. My iPhone buddies don't have to console each other in the fact that they don't have an app for their bank, or whatever other app they might fancy. This is what I expect to come out of BB10 as well, but I figure if we all have a "no need for app" attitude, then BB will always be behind its competitors trying to catch up.

So even though the RBC mobile site does the job for me, I still continue to email them and keep the pressure for a mobile app, because that is what makes it the #3 platform above WP8.

Posted via CB10
    06-12-13 01:04 PM