Hello, does anyone know if Nike+ Fuelband app will be out on BlackBerry 10? Really need it, also if someone has a ported version, would be great also!!

Posted via CB10
    anon(5818411) likes this.
    04-29-13 08:06 PM
    I haven't heard any announcements from Nike about it, but the z10 supports bluetooth 4.0 low energy so it should certainly be possible.
    04-29-13 08:10 PM
    highly suggest tweeting them, facebooking them and/or emailing them directly expressing your interest. the more people that do, the more theyll be willing to create an app for us.

@nike
    Send Nike.com an Email
    https://www.facebook.com/nike
    s7khan likes this.
    04-29-13 08:38 PM
    i'm looking to get one and would love an app also
    04-29-13 10:36 PM
    I doubt we will see a Nike+ Fuelband app because, they won't even develop one for Android.
    bobauckland likes this.
    04-30-13 09:57 AM
    Though I'd love one too, Nike+ is too affiliated with iOS. I doubt they'd even consider a BB app fro a minute.
    04-30-13 10:35 AM
    Well maybe a ported version from IOS would work?

Posted via CB10
    04-30-13 02:42 PM
    You'd have to get them to make it, unfortunately.

Posted via CB10
    04-30-13 07:17 PM
    received a reply:

Thank you for letting me know that you are interested in a Nike+ app for the Blackberry 10. I understand wanting to be able to use the app without switching phones. I can help you with this.

I am not sure if you are referring to a Nike+ FuelBand app for Blackberry or referring to the Nike+ Running app so I will give you both answers.

Nike is not currently developing an Blackberry app for FuelBand. Although there isn't a version of the optional FuelBand companion app that's compatible with your phone, you have the ability to sync your data, manage your settings, and connect with your friends via the Nike+ Connect software and on nikeplus.com.

As for the Nike+ Running app on the Blackberry platform, There is a possibility of this being produced but the developers have not given us any information that would be able to confirm or deny any progress on an app for that phone.

I am going to sent an email to our developers letting them know that you are interested in the app for the Blackberry 10 and hopefully it will be something we can see in the near future because I am sure many people would be able to take advantage of it.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Best Regards,

Danny
    Nike+ Team

Posted via CB10
    shads77 likes this.
    04-30-13 08:31 PM
    So what they say is there no apps available and none in development?

Posted via CB10
    05-01-13 06:52 AM
    I think they might be actually reading our emails and not using canned responses......

Here is the response I got.

My name is Karl, I'm a member of the Nike+ support team and will be glad to help you out today. I can definitely understand being concerned with being unable to track your FuelBand activity on the go on your Blackberry. At present, we are working on making the experience on NikePlus.com (via Nike+ Connect) and with the iPhone the best it can be. I'm definitely going to let our development team know that the Nike+ FuelBand app on Blackberry is something you'd like to see though! We listen to our consumers concerns, which is something I've always felt has led us to becoming the leader in sports that we are today.

If you have any other questions or concerns Rob, don't hesitate to reply to this e-mail with them. We're here to help!

Best regards,

Karl
    05-01-13 07:02 AM