Hey guys! You all need to check this new app!

Tile

It's called Tile, it's a small little keychain that you can attach to about anything and use your smartphone to track its location. However, not suprisingly, no support for BlackBerry 10.

I've done my share and emailed them about supporting BlackBerry 10. If you find this app would be useful to you, scroll to the bottom of the site below and click the "Questions? Contact us" link!

Just a quick blurb about how you'd love to make a purchase if it supported BlackBerry 10 is all that is needed. Cheers!
    07-27-13 01:43 PM
    LOL at sticking the tile to your laptop to prevent theft.. like that isn't the first thing they'd rip off as they walked out the door lol.

Neat idea for keys.. but other then that I don't know.. it's not GPS enabled, you need to actually be in range of it to get a signal and find it.. basically only useful for finding stuff around the house.
    07-27-13 01:53 PM
    If other people with the tile app are in range of your item, you will get the location to your phone too. So, the more the merrier kind of deal! It's a neat idea!
    07-27-13 01:56 PM
    OH.. and at 24.99 they are disposable! I was thinking meh, 24.99 one time cost.. find your keys forever.. not so bad.. NOPE the tiles can't be recharged and they last for a year then you have to buy a new one..
    07-27-13 01:57 PM
    If other people with the tile app are in range of your item, you will get the location to your phone too. So, the more the merrier kind of deal! It's a neat idea!

I agree that it's neat.. don't think it's going to catch on or be very useful. AND.. for the app on other peoples phones to alert you when they are near your item, that means that app runs in the background CONSTANTLY even when you aren't looking for one of your items.. and it must use the wifi radio or the bluetooth radio.. i can't see any way that wouldn't be HUGE on the battery...

Sorry, not trying to bash all over start ups trying to innovate cool concepts.. I just don't see this one working out.
    07-27-13 02:00 PM
    I agree that it's neat.. don't think it's going to catch on or be very useful. AND.. for the app on other peoples phones to alert you when they are near your item, that means that app runs in the background CONSTANTLY even when you aren't looking for one of your items.. and it must use the wifi radio or the bluetooth radio.. i can't see any way that wouldn't be HUGE on the battery...

Sorry, not trying to bash all over start ups trying to innovate cool concepts.. I just don't see this one working out.
    Oh, no offense taken! I think the app won't be running in the background constantly. It's just if someone opens up their tiles app then you are alerted with the location of your lost item. So it won't be a battery drain, it just won't be as effective as if it WAS running in the background constantly.

But lets keep it positive here. Put in a helping hand if you can by sending an email. I think we all understand the limits of this technology here. Let's just say it's best for all BB users if we had a wider selection of apps, whether you use them or not! Thanks guys!
    07-27-13 02:25 PM
    Hey guys! You all need to check this new app!

Tile

It's called Tile, it's a small little keychain that you can attach to about anything and use your smartphone to track its location. However, not suprisingly, no support for BlackBerry 10.

I've done my share and emailed them about supporting BlackBerry 10. If you find this app would be useful to you, scroll to the bottom of the site below and click the "Questions? Contact us" link!

Just a quick blurb about how you'd love to make a purchase if it supported BlackBerry 10 is all that is needed. Cheers!
    I'm looking for something to attach to my wife's key ring.
    02-01-15 01:01 PM