Hello guys, this is my first time posting a complaint here and I hope you all could assist.

I bought a new BlackBerry Q10 on Friday. Got it brand new and I read somewhere that it's advisable to charge your phone for 8hrs straight if it's a new phone n battery before you even turn it on and begin with the set up.

So anyways, I stayed home that day and charge the battery/phone for about 3 hours before going to my cousin's house but I took the phone along to continue charging it in his house. So I got there, plugged the phone and we went out but by the time we got back I met my phone unplugged (his housemate must've unplugged it to use my charger. *******!) lol

Anyways, the whole period I was timing the progress on my stopwatch to make sure it charged for 8 full hours but by the time I got back to my cousin's crib n checked how long it had been charging, I couldn't tell anymore Cuz his roommate couldn't remember the exact time he unplugged my phone. But by my stop watch it would've charge for about between 5 to 9 hours. I really can't tell

Now when I charge my phone it only last about 5/6 hours before I have to charge it again and now I'm abit worried because it's brand new.

I've been brainstorming on what to do and to be honest, I don't know if I should switch my phone off n charge it for 8 hours all over again, I'm running out of ideas. Cuz my friends that have Q10 say they charge it and use it for one or two days straight with normal browser, bbm, music, social media, apps, etc.
    But asides the battery, everything else works perfectly. So I know what's I sort out the battery issue my mind would be at rest.

I would reply appreciate reasonable ideas...

Posted via CB10
    07-28-14 10:18 PM
    Its a new device so it takes a few days to settle down from loading all the info, and no you dont have to charge like that, but i do suggest charge every night when your sleeping,
    07-28-14 10:21 PM
    Thanks. Will do. I hope you're right and the battery gets better with time and not worse

Posted via CB10
    07-29-14 12:14 AM
    someone could have swapped batteries on you, does it still look new?

Q10 with Telus on 10.3.0.296
    07-29-14 12:21 AM
    Nah its new bro, I tore the nylon pack it came with

Posted via CB10
    07-29-14 06:09 AM