Looking for beta testers for BB10 app that will control your iTunes.

New App - Remote for iTunes - Need Beta Testers-img_00000003.jpg New App - Remote for iTunes - Need Beta Testers-img_00000004.jpg

For now your BB10 and iMac needs to be on the same wifi network. Not working if the iMac is hardwired to router.

Any feedback will be appreciated.

Link to BAR file : http://jaredco.com/z10beta/Remote_for_iTunes.bar

Thanks.
    Last edited by steven55; 02-22-13 at 12:55 PM.
    02-22-13 12:38 PM
    How come when I download it and open it up with 7Zip, it says it is actually a ringtone editor called "Ringdroid"?
    02-22-13 12:49 PM
    How come when I download it and open it up with 7Zip, it says it is actually a ringtone editor called "Ringdroid"?
    Sorry about that. I pointed the bitly to the wrong BAR. Can you please click on the above link again. I fixed it.
    02-22-13 12:56 PM
    I'll give it a whirl.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 Oreo
    02-22-13 12:57 PM
    Love it! This is a very important app to me. I have a few comments on the current version - do you want me to post them here or send them to you via PM?
    02-23-13 12:05 PM
    Love it! This is a very important app to me. I have a few comments on the current version - do you want me to post them here or send them to you via PM?
    Thanks for trying it. You can post them here so other people can weigh in and see them as well. Thanks.
    02-23-13 12:11 PM
    My comments so far. Really appreciate you developing this!

- pain to get the menu up, have to swipe down, then click the menu button before getting the menu. Perhaps a setup like iTunes remote would work where you just switch to a screen where you select Artist, Album, Playlist, etc.
    - Please put a Speaker Select button right on the "Now Playing" screen
    - had a bug where no speakers showed up in the list (there should be my iTunes computer + 2 Airports). I believe the sequence of events was: app recognized computer+1 Airplay device while 2nd Airplay device was rebooting. Once second Airplay device completed boot, no speakers showed at all. Restarting the app fixed the problem.
    - performance is quite good, but a native app would of course be preferred!
    - can't activate Genius. Would be great to have a button right on the "Now Playing" screen, just like iTunes Remote.
    - have had a couple of crashes that require a "force close" of the app. Most recent one was when trying to bring up the menu
    - a back button would be nice so that we don't have to use the Android "swipe left" gesture that often gets confused with the BB10 "swipe up" gesture
    - most album art looks blurry for some reason
    02-23-13 12:18 PM
    Thanks for feedback. Can you try to pin the bottom bar to make it easier to go backwards and to access the top menu with the shortcut at bottom right. I've attached a picture to the way I keep it.

New App - Remote for iTunes - Need Beta Testers-img_00000009.jpg
    02-23-13 03:07 PM
    Thank you SO SO SO much for developing this. I've been DYING to have an app like this on my BlackBerry for as long as I can remember!!!

I've only tried it out with a couple of songs so far, and the only oddity I've noticed is with my album art - it seems to be showing about 25% of it - it seems to be expanding about 25% of the middle of it to fill the screen. But man, great start and I can't wait to see what you do with this!

Posted via CB10

[[EDIT]] I thought posting an image might help. It's more than the 25% I estimated, but you can see what I mean.

New App - Remote for iTunes - Need Beta Testers-img_00000075.jpg
    Last edited by cferneyh; 02-23-13 at 07:08 PM.
    02-23-13 06:50 PM
    Would it be possible to have the Active Frame show what's currently playing? Right now it shows the album art for the track that was playing when the app was minimized. It would be awesome if that was constantly being updated to show the track that is actually playing, so that you don't have to go back into the app to check to see what song is currently being played.

Posted via CB10
    02-24-13 09:59 AM
    Thanks for the feedback. I will take a look at why the album art is being scaled like that. I don't think that Android apps can change the tile image at this point. ..but I will keep an eye out for any extensions when they become available.
    02-24-13 10:04 AM
    Thanks for feedback. Can you try to pin the bottom bar to make it easier to go backwards and to access the top menu with the shortcut at bottom right. I've attached a picture to the way I keep it.
    Thanks. I have started doing this and it helps. Only problem is that the menu pinning is a global setting across all Android apps. Not all Android apps behave properly with the menu bar active (sometimes it obscures the bottom of the screen).
    02-24-13 10:11 AM
    Thanks. I have started doing this and it helps. Only problem is that the menu pinning is a global setting across all Android apps. Not all Android apps behave properly with the menu bar active (sometimes it obscures the bottom of the screen).
    I never noticed that...good point. I'll ask development if they can make the user pinning the bar be remembered for each app independently.
    02-24-13 10:29 AM
    The master volume and individual speaker volume do not always agree.

New App - Remote for iTunes - Need Beta Testers-img_00000002.jpg
    Last edited by warrenmr; 02-24-13 at 12:45 PM.
    02-24-13 11:45 AM
    Are you still looking for beta testers or has this app been released? looking for a remote for my BB10 and haven't found one yet - I'd be anxious to try this if possible.
    05-27-13 06:13 PM
    Looking for this app! When will it be released??
    06-15-13 06:43 AM
    Hi,

this app was great! Where can i buy/ download it again? I use this app every day.

regards Vati
    09-12-13 03:46 PM
    Its not on blackberry world yet, looked up the Jared Companys apps.
    09-12-13 03:58 PM
    bar file link doesn't work any longer.
    09-12-13 09:29 PM
    i've looked up the Jared Company site, but I haven't found the app.
    Is it possible to refresh the link?

regards
    Vati
    09-13-13 02:25 AM