I have both Neutron and Dash Player and the latter one gets used a lot.
    Neutron is a nice player but way to complicated.
    They both have very different use applications. Neutron is more for the discerning audiophile who'd like that much more granular control over how the audio is processed and delivered compared to the stock player.

Dash is an excellent get up and go all around player that excels in being your go to player for when you want to quickly play something in your car or at a party.

Posted via CB10
    01-06-14 05:02 PM
    Just wanted to share for anyone else looking for a good BB10 music app with gestures (swiping to switch tracks) that this app supports them although it doesn't advertise them.

I finally caved and bought it figuring it couldn't be any worse than the default app and was pleasantly surprised. It's so nice to have search in artists and have albums displayed separately instead of one after another under artist.

Very happy with Neutron Music Player so far!
    FF22 likes this.
    03-15-14 02:27 AM
    Quick question about streaming, I've been trying to figure out how to stream my fav radio stations thru neutron but not having any luck. There are no directions for BlackBerry and can't apply android. Can anyone help?
    04-13-14 04:25 PM

2) I will (I would say almost frequently) hear interference when using the app, especially if I try to play games or use other apps at the same time, I know there's a lot of brains behind it, but would it be possible to not have it affected by other apps opening etc

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    I have the same problem, constant crackling if I do anything while neutron is playing in the background?

Other people must have noticed this right?

Blackberry's music player does not suffer this.

Posted via CB10
    06-08-14 10:10 AM
    I have the same problem, constant crackling if I do anything while neutron is playing in the background?

Posted via CB10
    Ok I must say that I deleted the app and reinstalled it and do not experience this problem anymore.

Great app, would recommend to everyone who likes music and has a blackberry.

Posted via CB10
    06-13-14 04:35 PM
    I have some questions about this app... is it native? Does it offer active frame? When it reads 'crossfade' does it mean that it starts to play the "next" song before the actual one still playing (which is really cool) and last one, does it has special effect when you stop the playing song (like Pacemaker)
    It's because I'm wondering to purchase it, even though it's a little bit expensive, but if it offers those features plus the well-known equalizer, I could figure it out
    Thanks you!!

BBM channel: C0040FF4D..... Proudly Z10 owner...
    07-02-14 04:33 PM
    Yep
    It is native. Looks ported because it has the same ui as the android version but I think its recoded for BlackBerry 10.
    It has lots of effects and you can customize it but I'm not sure about the pacemaker thing.

Worth the money.
    Posted via CB10
    07-02-14 07:33 PM
    Yep
    It is native. Looks ported because it has the same ui as the android version but I think its recoded for BlackBerry 10.
    It has lots of effects and you can customize it but I'm not sure about the pacemaker thing.

Worth the money.
    Posted via CB10
    Thank you very much for the feedback!

07-02-14 08:45 PM
    I have some questions about this app... is it native? Does it offer active frame? When it reads 'crossfade' does it mean that it starts to play the "next" song before the actual one still playing (which is really cool) and last one, does it has special effect when you stop the playing song (like Pacemaker)
    It's because I'm wondering to purchase it, even though it's a little bit expensive, but if it offers those features plus the well-known equalizer, I could figure it out
    Thanks you!!

Those features may be possible, but honestly the best feature of the app is the phenomenal sound quality. Definitely worth the money!

It does have a rather large learning curve, but you will at least be able to get started right away!
    pystha likes this.
    07-02-14 09:07 PM
    I love it! Also must have in the playbook

C00121953 channel for car freaks!!
    07-03-14 08:59 AM
    Ok, I've been convinced. Gonna buy it.

Posted via CB10 on Blackberry Q5
    07-04-14 09:25 AM
    Ok, I've been convinced. Gonna buy it.

Posted via CB10 on Blackberry Q5

Me too!!!!

07-04-14 12:37 PM
    You're welcome.

Posted via CB10
    07-04-14 07:19 PM
    Commented before and yes absolutely yes.
    Have found no equivalent music player on either iphone or android.
    It is the best native app and all devs should have created theirs the same way.....

Posted via CB10
    07-04-14 07:46 PM

I recently removed Neutron because it likes to crash when scanning my music collection. However, I couldn't help but notice that I actually get IMPROVED sound quality through Blackberry Music versus Neutron. Blackberry Music's only flaw is that it doesn't support gapless playback for my OGG collection nor does it seem to see all of the embedded art. However, the music which DOES play is a lot clearer coming from Music versus Neutron... the program is also a lot more stable.
    12-08-14 05:29 PM
    It seems like people on CB have had mixed results while using this app....it does have a very high rating on BlackBerry World though....

Posted via CB10
    12-09-14 08:52 AM
    I'd say Neutron has been the best mobile purchase I've made between BlackBerry World and the Google Play store. Once you learn the interface and learn how to 'bless' your music, it pays off exponentially even with middle of the road headphones.

One question for users is : with every update, do you re-normalize your library every time?

I ask because I have a pretty substantial music library and the normalizing process takes quite a bit of time to do.

Thanks!

Posted via CB10 via Z10
    12-20-14 04:59 PM
    Neutron got updated and now supports Passports Keypad for scrolling. If they added support for scrolling horizontally to skip through tracks while playing everything would be perfect. This is by far the best audio player for BB10 and I can recommend everyone to buy it
    cbosdell likes this.
    11-10-15 01:57 PM
    This app is worth the buy. Very happy the developer continues to support BB10 with updates. It's one of my most used apps.
    11-10-15 06:37 PM
    Enjoying Neutron quite a bit as well. A few things I would like for my wish list

� Have the volume/eq screen show some more quick access menu options and shortcuts available such as advanced eq/dsp settings,sampling rate,phase inversion, stereo reverse etc.from audio hardware.

� I'm not sure if Neutron outputs the files true bit and sampling rate to the headphone jack if the files are hi resolution (24bit96/192). According to the audio hardware menu, 16 48 is shown regardless of file sample rate. Even with the internal 32/64 bit mixer, the final output may be downsampled. The Qualcomm wcd9320 chipset supposedly has 24bit 192khz output. Not sure if BB10(stock app sounds great if no digital eq is needed) supports true hi res output or if Neutron(adroid port?) is being held back somehow. Anyone know for sure?

� Where is the option to turn off the spectrum analyzer so more space can be devoted to sound settings? It must be in there somewhere.

� Have the choice to map software preamp to volume key hardware.

� This player could be a radio streaming monster if it wasn't so cumbersome to input stations. Perhaps, there is an editable text config somewhere to mass paste a bunch of station url's?

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by VanWaylon; 12-23-15 at 08:53 AM.
    12-23-15 05:30 AM
170 ... 567