Happy with the latest update.

Kept NMP in a folder because of the sd card issue, but got no complaints right now.

No problems with my tags (Artists, Albums, Genre or Album Art) either.

Neutron Music Player, worth it?-img_00000116.jpg
    04-12-13 04:01 PM
    Happy with the latest update.

Kept NMP in a folder because of the sd card issue, but got no complaints right now.

No problems with my tags (Artists, Albums, Genre or Album Art) either.
    It's a mystery, your tags a fine, my genre tags are completely missed up. I sent in a bug report email and Dmitry from Neutron Music Player emailed me back within a half hour, asking me for a sample file. So hopefully it this will be solved quickly.
    04-12-13 04:33 PM
    Really enjoyed this app on my PlayBook and glad the developer made it available for the Z10 without an additional charge.
    I was initially disappointed that music from my SD card wasn't read but things seem to be working with the latest update.
    Happy camper

BTW, works great with the BlackBerry music gateway.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-13 02:02 AM
    Just got the app yesterday, a million times better than the stock player. Everything works perfect. I would like to ask how people get the best out of their music. I turned on cross feed and fade as well as gap less etc. Normalization was also activated. Does anyone know what dither is? The description doesn't explain much.

EDIT: I have normalized all music however it does not seem to use the normalized settings when playing from the auto detected playlists.
    Posted via CB10
    Last edited by bixertec92; 04-13-13 at 01:43 PM.
    04-13-13 11:46 AM
    I still can't see any of the songs in the playlist I created with my the native music player on my old 9900. I will delete it and try again. One irritating thing is the native music player always springs open whenever I make a BT connection, like when I am in the car. I'd rather have Neutron do this, but there doesn't seem to be any way to adjust the naitve players settings.
    04-13-13 02:13 PM
    All is well now with my problem of Genres being improperly displayed. I've been in contact with Neutron Music Player, I sent Dmitry a sample of an affected file, they found the problem, it was a logic bug. They have fixed it, it'll be probably be out on their next update.

Just goes to show, always try to fix before complaining...
    primusd likes this.
    04-13-13 02:31 PM
    I side loaded Neutron which I had on my playbook. Only thing is it can't read the sd card so you got to have some music on the device. Other than that it works fine

Posted via CB10
    04-13-13 03:28 PM
    One irritating thing is the native music player always springs open whenever I make a BT connection, like when I am in the car. I'd rather have Neutron do this, but there doesn't seem to be any way to adjust the naitve players settings.
    Agreed, I find this really annoying. I will shoot the dev an email and see if he can do anything from neutron side of things to override this.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-13 10:51 PM
    I side loaded Neutron which I had on my playbook. Only thing is it can't read the sd card so you got to have some music on the device. Other than that it works fine

Posted via CB10
    Why did you side load it? You can download it directly from blackberry world.

And the fix is out for the sd card. Works flawlessly for me now.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-13 09:20 PM
    Why did you side load it? You can download it directly from blackberry world.

And the fix is out for the sd card. Works flawlessly for me now.

Posted via CB10
    I didn't really want to pay for it. Lol! Same for pacemaker which I side loaded but didn't work.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-13 01:02 PM
    I didn't really want to pay for it. Lol! Same for pacemaker which I side loaded but didn't work.

Posted via CB10
    If you paid once for the PB version of Neutron, there is no additional cost for the BB10 version (can't comment for Pacemaker).
    04-15-13 01:16 PM
    To de developed a BIG thank you for the update
    Please make that counter disappear and this would be an even nicer program.
    Counter is useless IMHO and very distracting when driving.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-13 10:16 PM
    Just bought the app and love it! Anyone notice the screen stays lit when playing full screen? Another plus!
    04-16-13 01:35 AM
    To de developed a BIG thank you for the update
    Please make that counter disappear and this would be an even nicer program.
    Counter is useless IMHO and very distracting when driving.

Posted via CB10
    the counter that counts up with the spectrum analyzer? you can somewhat turn it off. go into settings and scroll down to power save and tap the radial button to make it active (red). there's still a counter, but only in seconds.
    look30 likes this.
    04-16-13 03:25 AM
    Anyone else have an issue when Neutron is opened and the Z10 is running through HDMI (so I can listen through my audiophile system home theater), Neutron will open for two or three seconds then close.
    Has anyone else duplicated this? I will contact the developer.

Thanks. Gary
    04-16-13 08:15 AM
    the counter that counts up with the spectrum analyzer? you can somewhat turn it off. go into settings and scroll down to power save and tap the radial button to make it active (red). there's still a counter, but only in seconds.
    Awesome tip!

Another issue I have is that song starts very loud and then volume goes down. I don't remember this behavior before the update.
    i tried the files in another player and that does not happen.

Please help

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    04-16-13 09:11 AM
    Awesome tip!

Another issue I have is that song starts very loud and then volume goes down. I don't remember this behavior before the update.

Please help

That's most likely the preamp. You can turn it off where the equalizer settings are.
    The preamp lowers the gain (volume) of the song if it detects distortion (clipping) in the sound.

Or you can do what I did and apply normalization to all your songs. This will adjust every song to the same level so there's no variations in volume.

Posted via CB10
    look30 likes this.
    04-16-13 10:29 AM
    Sorry fellow Blackberry Fans as I am, I have spent too much time getting my music sorted in ITunes to have Neutron mess it up, I will hold off on the purchase for now.. I have all my tags and Album art in place and would be upset to see it all mixed up.
    Neutron should have done a trial for the app, not sure if the quality of sound is worth my Library.
    I have decent headphones which gives me sound quality i am happy with.
    Will keep following for updates and changes.
    04-21-13 08:50 PM
    Awesome tip!

Please help

This is just a guess, but perhaps turn off auto gain control, and then make sure you don't adjust the gain too high on your own.
    04-21-13 08:59 PM
    I just bought the app, I deleted after. It is a great app but I wish it could have integrated with the current native music app on my Z10.

Did I waste $4.99, yes in my opinion. I should have had an option to have a trail period I think this is a lesson when next I decide to purchase an app.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 10:37 AM
    I just bought the app, I deleted after. It is a great app but I wish it could have integrated with the current native music app on my Z10.

Did I waste $4.99, yes in my opinion. I should have had an option to have a trail period I think this is a lesson when next I decide to purchase an app.

Posted via CB10
    Yes, because all apps are integrated with other apps.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 02:31 PM
    Yes, because all apps are integrated with other apps.

Posted via CB10
    Can you clarify when you stated already integrated. What I meant was instead of having two app "Music" and "Neutron". Neutron should full integrate or a better word fuse making just only 1 app.

That would leave me with just 1 app to run and utilize the option like the Equalizer. For me I do not need this app. But happiness to those who do.

Posted via CB10
    epark88 likes this.
    04-22-13 02:51 PM
    How do i manualy add tracks to it, uf try in the fist screen after install it just skips to the player and does nothing. And my music from sd is not there.

Also scanning did not work.

Anybody?
    04-22-13 04:09 PM
    App does not work, does see my files on sdcars or on the z10 it self.

Posted via CB10
    04-23-13 05:59 AM
    Fixed, was a permissions problem.
    My fault not the apps, i skipt it.

Posted via CB10
    04-23-13 09:36 AM
170 ... 23456 ...