Looks like music on the micro SD card shows up for some, and not for others.

For me no, of maybe 100 albums on my micro SD card, only 3 show up in the Neutron Music Player.

I'm waiting for the update before I use it.
    03-29-13 08:57 PM
    Finding 3 folders on the external SD seems to be a common theme...interesting
    04-01-13 09:00 AM
    Has he got his Z10 yet do he can fix the SD card bug? ....its been a while now and I don't like the BBerry music player
    04-01-13 01:34 PM
    Can some one detail me about the neutron mp player settings on bbz10? What could be the ideal settings? Is there any preset equalizer?
    Thanks..
    Make no adjustments to the gains. Let them adjustments on their own erase your source and rescan source again. Problem solved or if you like Normalization all tracks. Neutron will selection correct Mixers and you'll notice a drastic sound quality improvement. I have normalized all my tracks
    04-01-13 02:03 PM
    I find the UI nearly incomprehensible. But I love the sound quality and find the BB Player primitive (does it even loop?). Because of vision and color blindness issues, Neutron doesn't jump out at me in the first place, but it is not intuitive. It is also sketchy on picking up existing playlists. It sees them, but only seems to be able to pick up the first song in the list, although this might be another case of my struggling to understand the UI. This is what Neutron MP says about its UI, in its FAQ:

Q: UI seems to be too difficult and unintuitive?

Neutron's UI requires some short learning curve and it is not traditional like all other players. It will become your best friend once you get used to it! Simply assume that you always see the Display area on top, in the middle the Playing Now screen, on the left the Controls, on the right the Playlist screen with access to all your music tracks. You have ability to change screens by swiping right-left, access Playlist - Playing Now screens by touching Display area repeatedly, also for just touches there are buttons on each screen on the right-left sides of each screen right below the Display area.
    04-08-13 03:55 PM
    According to the Dev, he alrdy fix the sd card issue. He will submit the updated version soon. Finger crossed.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-13 05:16 AM
    Bought it last week, wasn't impressed initially. Scrolled it up this morning though, dug a little deeper and...WOW! This app is the goods. Definitely worth the dough.

Only issue I'm having is the Streaming option. What does it hook to, Last.fm scrobbling? Spotify? Pandora?...
    04-09-13 08:22 AM
    Looks like music on the micro SD card shows up for some, and not for others.
    I was able to access music on the SD Card if in the selected "Source" folder ....... the music is stored as individual tracs (not as subfolders of artists/albums/tracs etc.).

Anytime I try to access a "Source" folder on the SD Card .... where the files are stored in subfolders (artist/album/trac etc.) ..... the "Source" would not see the files. Even with repeated "RESCAN".

SIMPLE SOLUTION: Simply transfer music files to your device (not the SD Card) until the update for Neutron is released. I have about 10.5 Gigs free on the device. So .... I used a few gigs for music until we get the update. When the update comes .... delete the files on the device or move to SD card.

Not sure how accurate this is. This is simply the way Neutron appeared to work for me.
    04-09-13 01:12 PM
    Bought it last week, wasn't impressed initially. Scrolled it up this morning though, dug a little deeper and...WOW! This app is the goods. Definitely worth the dough.

Only issue I'm having is the Streaming option. What does it hook to, Last.fm scrobbling? Spotify? Pandora?...
    It doesn't hook into any streaming service, as far as I know. You input URLs to internet radio stations. I think the latest release will allow you add a windows network share as a source, but I'm not 100% sure on that one.
    04-09-13 03:22 PM
    It doesn't hook into any streaming service, as far as I know. You input URLs to internet radio stations. I think the latest release will allow you add a windows network share as a source, but I'm not 100% sure on that one.
    Yep, you definitely copy the link URL into the list, works well. I too am curious if the CIFS share is working, am waiting for the next update before i play again...Its been an age since it was working properly on the Z10
    04-09-13 03:27 PM
    Has he got his Z10 yet do he can fix the SD card bug? ....its been a while now and I don't like the BBerry music player
    Just heard from the dev - he has his z10 and the bug is fixed with an update submitted today to BB World. Let's hope BB moves quickly on this and we can all be freed to enjoy the auditory bliss provided by NMP on the z10!
    Spawn12 likes this.
    04-11-13 03:35 PM
    I'm holding off until this app works correctly. On a side note. Anyone side-load Beats Audio?
    04-11-13 03:46 PM
    New update avaliable... updating now. a lot of fixes!! Nice.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-13 04:51 AM
    works better now! can read my playlist now
    But UI can be more intuitive and bigger buttons to navigate around
    Active frames doesn't show album art of current playing songs.
    04-12-13 05:02 AM
    Genres are still all messed up for me. I have Classical Music listed a Disco, Grunge and Dance, Blues listed as Country, etc
    04-12-13 06:04 AM
    I'm really liking this new release. All of my music on my SDCard is being detected now and some of the new features are pretty nice, such as the ability to disable different music sources on the fly.
    04-12-13 10:36 AM
    It also sucked half the power in my battery in 6 hours, without using it.

I'm off work today, and at home, so I'm not using my Z10. I downloaded the update first thing in the morning, and it tried to scan all my music, but screwed up the genres as usual. So I got it to scan again, which took almost an hour, and all my music disappeared from Neutron. So I rebooted my Z10 and got it scan my music on my micro SD card again, and walked away. I come back around lunch time to see how it made out. My battery is down to 40%, when usually I'm at 40% at the end of the day. Plus it can not get the genres right, they are all messed up Classical music is Disco, Grunge and Dance, Blues is Country music, etc. Even though I go out of my way to get all the genre tags correct, using iTunes to edit them.

Edit: ALL IS WELL NOW, and YES, I would recommend Neutron Music Player, I've been in contact with Neutron Music Player, sent them a sample of an affected file, they found the problem, it was a logic bug. They have fixed it, it'll be probably be out on their next update.
    Just goes to show, always try to fix before complaining...
    Last edited by Edward in Toronto; 04-13-13 at 02:29 PM.
    04-12-13 11:42 AM
    It also sucked half the power in my battery in 6 hours, without using it.

I'm off work today, and at home, so I'm not using my Z10. I downloaded the update first thing in the morning, and it tried to scan all my music, but screwed up the genres as usual. So I got it to scan again, which took almost an hour, and all my music disappeared from Neutron. So I rebooted my Z10 and got it scan my music on my micro SD card again, and walked away. I come back around lunch time to see how it made out. My battery is down to 40%, when usually I'm at 40% at the end of the day. Plus it can not get the genres right, they are all messed up Classical music is Disco, Grunge and Dance, Blues is Country music, etc. Even though I go out of my way to get all the genre tags correct, using iTunes to edit them.

So from me a big NO! Neutron is NOT WORTH IT! Stay away!!!!
    Who cares about sorting genre when the most important thing is the awesome sound quality this app brings.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-13 12:00 PM
    Who cares about sorting genre when the most important thing is the awesome sound quality this app brings.

Posted via CB10
    People with huge music collections care about music quality AND the ability to handle a large collection.
    1magine likes this.
    04-12-13 12:13 PM
    Are you using custom tagging with your Classical music? Perhaps there's some incompatibility somewhere and Neutron doesn't like the way the tags are set in your files.

Stupid question, but does the Genre tag appear to be configured properly in other players (eg. in iTunes, foobar2000, Audacious, etc.)?

Also, are you using additional tags like Composer, Performer, etc.?
    04-12-13 12:15 PM
    People with huge music collections care about music quality AND the ability to handle a large collection.
    Ditto. Why does it need to be one or the other.

A workaround would be if the app could locate and play playlists. If not, then the inability to read and/or understand ID Tags correctly is a major bug. I have almost 30 gigs of music I carry with me. When I want to listen to 2 hours of Jazz - I want to listen to 2 hours of Jazz, not Jazz, Punk, Pop, Jazz, Country, Soul, Rap, Jazz...
    04-12-13 12:23 PM
    Ditto. Why does it need to be one or the other.

A workaround would be if the app could locate and play playlists. If not, then the inability to read and/or understand ID Tags correctly is a major bug. I have almost 30 gigs of music I carry with me. When I want to listen to 2 hours of Jazz - I want to listen to 2 hours of Jazz, not Jazz, Punk, Pop, Jazz, Country, Soul, Rap, Jazz...
    On my 80 Gig iPod, I had just under 80 Gigs of music. On my 64 Gig iPod Touch, I had a few Gigs under the limit. Now on my Z10 I have a 64 Gig Micro SD card, and I'm halfway to filling it up. Taking my time, it'll be full in a few weeks though.
    04-12-13 12:49 PM
    Are you using custom tagging with your Classical music? Perhaps there's some incompatibility somewhere and Neutron doesn't like the way the tags are set in your files.

Stupid question, but does the Genre tag appear to be configured properly in other players (eg. in iTunes, foobar2000, Audacious, etc.)?

Also, are you using additional tags like Composer, Performer, etc.?
    Yes the Genre tags come out correct in other players. They come out correct in Windows Media Player, they come out correct in the Blackberry Music Player. They are all correct in iTunes because that is the software that I use to edit my tags. They are all correct in Foobar2000 also. Don't know about Audacious. All my tags are ID3 tags version v2.3.
    04-12-13 12:53 PM
    I'd definitely send in a bug report to the developer. He's pretty responsive so there is a very good chance that it'll get fixed.

I'll admit, I don't have that much music...I have about 1000 scanned items, a handful of genres, and file formats. It could be a bug with Neutron handling ID3 v2.3 tags. It could even be the way iTunes saves the tags as I've noticed some differences between iTunes and Foobar2000 regarding the Album Artist tag.
    04-12-13 01:41 PM
    I'd definitely send in a bug report to the developer. He's pretty responsive so there is a very good chance that it'll get fixed.

I'll admit, I don't have that much music...I have about 1000 scanned items, a handful of genres, and file formats. It could be a bug with Neutron handling ID3 v2.3 tags. It could even be the way iTunes saves the tags as I've noticed some differences between iTunes and Foobar2000 regarding the Album Artist tag.
    Thanks, I just sent them a bug report email.
    04-12-13 02:24 PM
170 12345 ...