Best media player on BlackBerry, hands down. Yes, they need to sort out stable SD card support, but that will come (only sees 30 of 300 files on mine). Sound quality is superb (especially on the PlayBook) , gui does take a little getting used to, super responsive support too.

Posted via CB10
    03-11-13 07:57 PM
    It's the best music player on earth, No joking. I am so satisfied with the sound quality I get from it and using the surround sound mode on it really does make the sound well surround you. It is pretty close to the warm sound of records without all the hiss and pops, the HD sound is great, Awesome eq. And I come from a family of Oscar winning sound engineers. Definitely worth the money to buy it. Heck I would have paid twice what they are charging for it. Have it on Z10 and PB. Highly recommend it. It also has motion sensor hands free controlling. (gesture controlling)
    Hello @thatplaybookguy!

It's not easy to find a lot of people on these forums that discuss the importance of the sound/musical quality of their devices.
    The Playbook uses a Wolfson DAC and has a smooth, high quality sound as a result. The North American Z10 uses a Qualcomm DAC. How do you find the musical quality of your Z10?

P.S. - For those who say, "wait, this is just a phone.. who cares about sound?". Well, to me, during the times that I need to relax, the phone becomes a power amplified media device with network capabilities to pull my music in from multiple sources.
    Lack of good sound quality would drive me NUTS when I'm wearing my earphones (Ultimate Ears Triple-Fi 10's)!
    03-11-13 08:28 PM
    Best media player on BlackBerry, hands down. Yes, they need to sort out stable SD card support, but that will come (only sees 30 of 300 files on mine). Sound quality is superb (especially on the PlayBook) , gui does take a little getting used to, super responsive support too.

Posted via CB10
    Agreed seem to be on par with poweramp. And that's high praise.

Posted via CB10
    03-11-13 08:57 PM
    Definitely worth it! One thing no one mentioned, if you have ring tones on your device you can choose to ignore that folder - unlike the stock player which just loads any media it can find. Also worth noting, all the hard keys work - long press to skip/rewind (if enabled) and the play/pause button.

Posted via CB10
    03-11-13 08:58 PM
    Glad the OP posted this because I was wondering the same thing. Made the purchase and it scanned all 80 of my files and it also started playing automatically when I inserted the headphones. Goodbye first generation iPod!!!
    03-11-13 09:06 PM
    Works great. Reads most of my music that I store on my SD card and plays FLAC files.
    I definitely notice more impact to the music i play compared to the stock music player. Although I will say my Denon D5000's play fairly low mainly due to their low impedance and the lack of power from the dac within the z10. Great app. Interface could use some polish for ease of use and clunky input. But we'll worth the money if audio fidelity is of concern to you.

Posted via CB10
    03-11-13 09:22 PM
    I bought this player for my PlayBook. Thankfully, the purchase also included my Z10 device. Great player. Highly recommended.

Posted via CB10
    03-11-13 09:26 PM
    Audiophile sound quality, and audiophile grade settings. I really enjoy NMP on the PB. How has the sound quality been on the Z10. Better or worse then the PB?

unfortunately I can't afford a z10 at present. However NMP will be the first app I down load!!!!!!!!!!
    03-12-13 01:41 AM
    little disappointed when I realized its not reading all my music from my sd card. hopefully an update comes soon its not very useful right now....

Posted via CB10
    03-12-13 07:53 AM
    Hopefully we will get a fix for the sd card daily soon.

Here is an email I received from the dev:

BlackBerry promised to send dev. Z10 within 1 week (from now). Once we
    get it it will be possible to reproduce this issue and release the fix
    to BB World. It will be done asap.

You can follow progress here:
    http://neutronmp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1167

Posted via CB10
    03-12-13 09:01 AM
    Audiophile sound quality, and audiophile grade settings. I really enjoy NMP on the PB. How has the sound quality been on the Z10. Better or worse then the PB?

unfortunately I can't afford a z10 at present. However NMP will be the first app I down load!!!!!!!!!!
    The sounds on the PB is definitely better than the north american version of the z10 (wolfson dac vs. qualcomm dac). I don't think there has been confirmation yet as to the dac on the international version of the z10 (notably, the dac on the comparable international samsung s3 is the wolfson). Either way, hopefully future flagship models will feature higher end dacs.
    missing_K-W and lwaysluking like this.
    03-12-13 08:12 PM
    The sounds on the PB is definitely better than the north american version of the z10 (wolfson dac vs. qualcomm dac). I don't think there has been confirmation yet as to the dac on the international version of the z10 (notably, the dac on the comparable international samsung s3 is the wolfson). Either way, hopefully future flagship models will feature higher end dacs.
    Thanks for the reply. One thing about Android is that the SDK doesn't allow for hardware access ,therefore no hardware acceleration. I remember Dimitry the developer of NMP mentioning this in a forum post. Another advantage of BB10
    03-12-13 08:24 PM
    Can someone check for me if it has Last.FM scrobbling on the BlackBerry version? I see that it is a feature on the Web page, but not on app world.

Posted via CB10
    03-12-13 09:25 PM
    Hello guys,
    Just yesterday I purchased neutron MP. I was expecting pre installed equaliser rather than adjusting my self. I had a strange problem. I made my settings on equaliser, when I play a song, it gives really good and loud sound, but within few seconds the sound goes down. Does anyone experienced this.?
    Thanks..

Posted via CB10
    03-16-13 01:32 AM
    Can some one detail me about the neutron mp player settings on bbz10? What could be the ideal settings? Is there any preset equalizer?
    Thanks..
    03-16-13 02:32 AM
    Can someone check for me if it has Last.FM scrobbling on the BlackBerry version? I see that it is a feature on the Web page, but not on app world.

Posted via CB10
    I'd check for you but I have no idea what that is lol

Posted via CB10
    03-16-13 04:33 AM
    Hello guys,
    Just yesterday I purchased neutron MP. I was expecting pre installed equaliser rather than adjusting my self. I had a strange problem. I made my settings on equaliser, when I play a song, it gives really good and loud sound, but within few seconds the sound goes down. Does anyone experienced this.?
    Thanks..

Posted via CB10
    I believe that's the preamp and automatic gain protection settings. it lowers the preamp gain (volume) to prevent clipping and distorted sound. for the equalizer, I always use the rock setting. I just adjusted the equalizer to mimic the preset that I saw elsewhere.
    03-16-13 04:41 AM
    I'd check for you but I have no idea what that is lol

Posted via CB10
    Not seeing anything to log into a Last.FM account anywhere?

Posted via CB10
    03-16-13 11:21 AM
    Not seeing anything to log into a Last.FM account anywhere?

Posted via CB10
    There are a ton of settings, but no I don't see anything. I would suggest going on the support forum and inquiring. The dev is usually very responsive.

http://neutronmp.com/forum

Posted via CB10
    I Am Chupacabra likes this.
    03-16-13 02:41 PM
    Its like foobar2000 for your Z10.
    clegg#AC likes this.
    03-16-13 04:35 PM
    Neutron site appears to be down. Anyone know what's up?
    03-28-13 05:30 AM
    Happens with some frequency, I'm sure it will come back.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-13 07:15 AM
    Guys before I would buy the app, I just want to know if the app can now locate the audio files in the SD card. Did they already fixed it?

Posted via CB10
    03-29-13 07:45 PM
    Not yet, but it's coming. The dev has been waiting for delivery of his z10 limited edition to be able to sort it out (the bug doesn't show up in the emulator). Still worth the buy!

Posted via CB10
    03-29-13 07:57 PM
    I bought it today and all my music is on my SD card and it all showed up in Neutron

Posted via CB10 with my white Z10
    03-29-13 08:08 PM
170 1234 ...