What's Neutron Music Player like? Does it really sound better than the stock player like some if the reviews claim? I'm not all that bothered about features I don't really understand. But if it really sounds better I might pick it up after all.

what's it like?

Posted via CB10
    03-11-13 07:44 AM
    Same here, wanting to know if its really worth the price. On my SGS3 i use power amp which i think is brilliant because one it has equaliser settings so i can adjust the sound to my tastes. And secondly once i plug my headphones in, the music player starts automatically and last but not lease i can play my music from my sd card.

Now if anyone knows or has neutron music player, does it do all the things above...dont want to buy it only to find out that it doesnt do what i want it to do.

Any help would be appreciated.
    03-11-13 08:14 AM
    It is certainly worth it. @Spawn12 it does everything you listed except automatic playback when you insert the headphones. Other than that, Neutron is a pretty incredible media player!
    Spawn12 likes this.
    03-11-13 08:17 AM
    It is certainly worth it. @Spawn12 it does everything you listed except automatic playback when you insert the headphones. Other than that, Neutron is a pretty incredible media player!
    cab it play music directly off the sd card. The feature says 'movable to sd card' not really sure what us supposed to mean

Posted via CB10
    03-11-13 08:27 AM
    Thanks, shame it doesnt start the music soon as you plug your headphones in. Hopefully the dev can add that in later.

What about playing from the sd card?? can neutron do that yet??...heard that it wasnt possible at this present time.
    03-11-13 08:31 AM
    What's Neutron Music Player like? Does it really sound better than the stock player like some if the reviews claim? I'm not all that bothered about features I don't really understand. But if it really sounds better I might pick it up after all.

what's it like?

Posted via CB10
    It's the best music player on earth, No joking. I am so satisfied with the sound quality I get from it and using the surround sound mode on it really does make the sound well surround you. It is pretty close to the warm sound of records without all the hiss and pops, the HD sound is great, Awesome eq. And I come from a family of Oscar winning sound engineers. Definitely worth the money to buy it. Heck I would have paid twice what they are charging for it. Have it on Z10 and PB. Highly recommend it. It also has motion sensor hands free controlling. (gesture controlling)
    03-11-13 08:33 AM
    does it play music directly off the sd card?confirm that for me and I'm sold!

Posted via CB10
    03-11-13 10:23 AM

Posted via CB10
    +1, if it does that then im definitely buying it.
    03-11-13 10:38 AM

Posted via CB10
    I am not sure as it does a scan when you first ever open it up and searches for all music on your device, i can't remember if u can choose sdcard as i forget.

But here is their website and features listed, maybe email the developer.
    Neutron Music Player

I must say this is the best music app for BB i love it and have it on my playbook and Z10, you have many features even when hooking up Z10 or Playbook to a Stereo System, Home Theatre as well.
    03-11-13 10:48 AM
    Mine automatically scanned. You can add other folders and stuff like that, but all my music is on my SD card and that's how I listen to it so yes, I'm going to say it does in fact play music from your SD card.
    Spawn12 likes this.
    03-11-13 10:51 AM
    This is from the App details in App World - BlackBerry World - Neutron Music Player

BUGS: EXTERNAL SD SUPPORT FOR BB10 DEVICES IS STILL UNDER DEVELOPMENT AND CURRENTLY IS UNSTABLE (IF YOU ARE PLANNING TO KEEP MUSIC FILES ONLY ON EXTERNAL SD; DO NOT CONSIDER NEUTRON YET), PLEASE FOLLOW PROGRESS ON DEDICATED NEUTRON FORUM: • Index page Please use the dedicated forum or send e-mail to the developer for bug reporting. Your patience, help and participation is highly appreciated!
    03-11-13 11:02 AM
    Mine automatically scanned. You can add other folders and stuff like that, but all my music is on my SD card and that's how I listen to it so yes, I'm going to say it does in fact play music from your SD card.
    Thats good to hear, even if it is buggy from what the above poster has posted...i suppose its ongoing development should iron out any bugs in the future.

/me goes off to buy neutron
    03-11-13 11:07 AM
    This is from the App details in App World - BlackBerry World - Neutron Music Player

BUGS: EXTERNAL SD SUPPORT FOR BB10 DEVICES IS STILL UNDER DEVELOPMENT AND CURRENTLY IS UNSTABLE (IF YOU ARE PLANNING TO KEEP MUSIC FILES ONLY ON EXTERNAL SD; DO NOT CONSIDER NEUTRON YET), PLEASE FOLLOW PROGRESS ON DEDICATED NEUTRON FORUM: • Index page Please use the dedicated forum or send e-mail to the developer for bug reporting. Your patience, help and participation is highly appreciated!
    Hmm but previous poster just stated it does work?
    i went for it and u was able to set my sd card music as the source. seems like it's working so far.

Posted via CB10
    i went for it and u was able to set my sd card music as the source. seems like it's working so far.

Posted via CB10
    Awesome as like i stated this is the best app made for BB and Playbook.
    03-11-13 11:13 AM
    It DOES start auto playback once you insert your headphones.

The app is a must in my opinion if you use your phone to play music. Hands down worth the $ for the download.
    Neutron Music Player, worth it?-img_00000498.png

Posted via CB10
    Attached Thumbnails Neutron Music Player, worth it?-img_00000497.jpg  
    03-11-13 12:24 PM
    I also does touch less gestures as seen in the pic. Works great, but I'm not sure how useful it is, but fun none the less.

Posted via CB10
    03-11-13 12:26 PM
    Just took the plunge after reading that you guys are having success with sd card support.

I'm a former Power Amp user from android, and the stock blackberry music player did not impress with its sound quality.

Will report back after I use it for a bit.

Posted via CB10
    03-11-13 06:08 PM
    Have used Neutron for several months on PlayBook, and love it. Was really happy to find I could download it for my Z10 without having to pay for it again.

The interface isn't very intuitive or attractive, but the wealth of features more than makes up for that. I particularly like how you can normalise the volume between all songs in your library, and the crossfade. Also, the streaming option works fantastically well.

Posted via CB10
    03-11-13 06:31 PM
    Boo. Wish I knew this was an android port.

Posted via CB10
    03-11-13 06:37 PM
    It isn't an Android port.

Posted via CB10
    03-11-13 06:49 PM
    It isn't an Android port.

Posted via CB10
    Sure doesn't feel native, and uses the Android file structure.

Posted via CB10
    03-11-13 07:03 PM
    Its design is cross-platform - there is an Android version. However, the Z10 and PlayBook versions are both native code and not ports.

Posted via CB10
    03-11-13 07:09 PM
    For the people having success playing music of an external card. Are you storing all your music in the music folder?

It's only picking up on 3 sub folders in my music folder.

Posted via CB10
    03-11-13 07:10 PM
    Its design is cross-platform - there is an Android version. However, the Z10 and PlayBook versions are both native code and not ports.

Posted via CB10
    Cool, hopefully they get the sd thing sorted.

So far it's the only thing I'm really missing from old phone. The app is exactly what I need.

Posted via CB10
    03-11-13 07:13 PM
170 123 ...