Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    848 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default netflix running on Z10

Crackberry to the rescue, they just posted a video of netflix running on the Z10. The app appears to be a port but it seems to work pretty good. I noticed it was a bit laggy while scrolling but I would def be happy with something like that until a native one came along. What does everyone think about it?
    Check out my funny pet channel at C003084CA
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    PIN
    Never

i want to know if this port was made by netflix. or an unofficial side load by bla1ze
    Blackberry Bold 9900 T-Mobile USA
    CrackBerry Addict

Not official and it's side loaded. Seems to work well though
    First Look: Netflix running on BlackBerry 10! | CrackBerry.com
    I won't be installing it. I use netflix at home only, it was never a big deal personally but I know this should make some people happy. It will also give some people something to complain about......Somehow. LOL
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,856 Global Posts
    PIN
    excepting applications

I just want to see a Z10 owner load it and have it running. Why is the post not about showing owners how to get it running? Its just: "look what we did" No explanation , No "this is how we did it and this is how you can do it."

Likely for a reason i suspect...CB usually helps us get the most out of devices so the post has me a little puzzled. So tell us how to do it or tell us why you cant tell us how to do it.
    I waited...It launched...Im still waiting...
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    848 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

Quote Originally Posted by BB-Bmore View Post
    I just want to see a Z10 owner load it and have it running. Why is the post not about showing owners how to get it running? Its just: "look what we did" No explanation , No "this is how we did it and this is how you can do it."

Likely for a reason i suspect...CB usually helps us get the most out of devices so the post has me a little puzzled. So tell us how to do it or tell us why you cant tell us how to do it.
    Exactly if they could have shared the .bar files they would have.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    530 Global Posts

he said its version 1.8 in the comments, somebodies just gotta convert that version. I cant figure it out
    CrackBerry User

At the very least there is no reason for them to not enable the browser ability to view netflix now. It was pathetic in the first time to disable viewing from BB's, via the web. I can understand the reasoning for not doing an app for BB's, but to ACTIVELY block them on the website version is just stupid.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    797 Global Posts
    PIN

Quote Originally Posted by Scougar View Post
    At the very least there is no reason for them to not enable the browser ability to view netflix now. It was pathetic in the first time to disable viewing from BB's, via the web. I can understand the reasoning for not doing an app for BB's, but to ACTIVELY block them on the website version is just stupid.
    They dont block the browser its the lack of silverlight support in the browser hence the need for an app
    Download The EGO Mag Online app for Blackberry 5,6,7, Playbook and the all new Blackberry 10!
    http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...tent/24193889/

A Gentleman's Guide to a Better Lifestyle!
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    797 Global Posts
    PIN

Has anyone attempted sideloadin 1.8 on a playbook if anyone can link me the bar i will test it
    Download The EGO Mag Online app for Blackberry 5,6,7, Playbook and the all new Blackberry 10!
    http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...tent/24193889/

A Gentleman's Guide to a Better Lifestyle!
    CrackBerry Abuser

I tried 1.8.0 and 1.8.1. No luck.

I suspect he's using jelly beam on his z10.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    redk, Mecca EL and bizzyqu like this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

"Bean". Oops

CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,142 Global Posts

I tried 1.3 for the heck of it and it didnt work
    Samsung Flip Phone (Busted)- >Another Samsung Flip (Tossed Into Camp Fire)- >BB Curve 8300 (Sold)- >HTC Dream (Cracked Screen)- >BB Curve 8900 (Been Through Hell, Still Kicking)- >Samsung Omnia 2 (Sold) BB Torch 9800 (Sold)- >BB Curve 9300 (Water Damaged)- >BB Storm (Clicker Broke)- >BB Playbook 16BG (Still Own)- >BB Torch 9810 (Alarm Clock)- >LG Optimus One (Gifted)- >BB Bold 9900 (Bricked and Never Came Back)- >BB Zed10 (Retired)- >BB Q5 (Girlfriends)- >BB Z30 (Currently Using)
    CrackBerry Genius

Default Re: netflix running on Z10

keep trying everyone. gotta be a way! we have absolutely brilliant users in the forums!
    Sprint Q10
    32GB Playbook
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    848 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #14  

I think you might be right.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    179 Global Posts
    PIN
    xxxxxxxxx

Personally, I'm calling shenanigans. As much as I want to be assured that Netflix will be on the z10 in march in the USA (either as a port or in bb world), this lack of info is too uncharacteristic of crackberry.

#bb10believe
    CrackBerry Master

So no version of 1.8.x has worked for anyone (except B1aze of course)? Perhaps B1aze has a 'jailbroken' Z10 or something (if that even exists)??
    CrackBerry Addict

Like people said Netflix requires silverlight in the web browser... But I think HULU is the one you are thinking of about blocking the PlayBook and BB10... That's a weirdness that I will never understand.

My guess is whatever support was added in BlackBerry's Jelly Bean version is also what allows Netflix to work... I am sure it has to do with video codecs and hardware access.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    712 Global Posts

How did you do it Bla1ze?
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by jdorenstein View Post
    Personally, I'm calling shenanigans. As much as I want to be assured that Netflix will be on the z10 in march in the USA (either as a port or in bb world), this lack of info is too uncharacteristic of crackberry.
    Probably because nothing is official and it's most likely too risky for them to discuss in an open forum.

Or maybe, Netflix shared the file with the CrackBerry team and told them to do a quick demo vid but keep quiet on details.

Who knows.
    thatplaybookguy likes this.
    CrackBerry Addict

I am hopeful that 10.1 will make Android apps run as well as Adobe Air apps... I am ok if Android apps perform well on the Z10... But the experience on the Playbook with Android apps is tragically slow. And from what I see BB10 is no different...
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    179 Global Posts
    PIN
    xxxxxxxxx

We should ask them. If they respond to us in any way, I will stop calling shenanigans.

#bb10believe
    CrackBerry Addict

I kind of wish Crackberry would stop doing what I call "flash leaks"... They are not that helpful unless they explain where they came from. For example Instagram... Is it a crappy Android port or is it native? Same thing with the Netflix thing... Is it running on 10.1 with Jelly Bean, or is Netflix working on a crappy Android port, similar to Skype?
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    712 Global Posts

You guys should stop complaining and take the news for what it is.

They showed us that it is possible to run Netflix on BB10.

I think Crackberry is doing the right thing to share news as soon as they get it even if they can't share all the details.. clearly there is a reason that they can't share more than this. I am sure that as soon as they have more information or when they are allowed to share more information, they will.

Starcraft 2 TV - Watch Professional SC2 games on Demand: http://bit.ly/18Pxrqj
    Join our channel: C001242DE
    Thanked by 2:
    redk (02-11-2013),  thatplaybookguy (02-14-2013) 
    CrackBerry Addict

I don't know... I am getting a little worried about the 40% are Android apps... From what I see on the Z10, right now, and on my Playbook, Android apps are garbage... Maybe Jelly Bean will fix that... But from what I saw of that Netflix port it was typical slow glitchy garbage.... I just hope more apps become native... Maybe BlackBerry is hoping this will drive developers to write Native apps. The fear is this will drive them to hack their Android app until it "sorta works"....

We shall see on the Skype App... But unless it feels as good as a cascades app it won't be good enough...
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    950 Global Posts

I have a feeling they do have an OS version with Jelly Bean runtime. Kevin had a playbook with OS 2.0 well before it was released so it would be no shocker thar they have an early build of OS 10.1 that allows them to run Netflix and possibly Instagram.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast