And I'm sorry for yelling

We already know what Netflix tells customers about BlackBerry. It's just that we're getting buried in posts where somebody talked to some low-end grunt somewhere, when said grunt knows nothing we haven't heard already.
    No worries. I can see how newbies posting continually about Netflix or Skype could be a little annoying. Its important though in the same sense that having a gaziilion apps is important (which is to say that its not important). I think its ridiculous that anyone needs a 1000 flashlight apps but unfortunately modern man is easily caught in the headlights. Might as well walk around with a sign on our backs saying roadkill. Again, I want RIM to make its customers and investors happy (and rich!!!). Unfortunately this is the name of the game. We have this, we have that, etc ,etc
    ctuffy likes this.
    01-24-13 11:21 PM
    BOOOOOOOOOO no one needs movies on a 4 inch screen, times that by 15 and then were talking.
    Speak for yourself! :-) I watch movies and tv shows all the time on my portable device - at the gym, on the subway, on a plane etc. I watched them on smaller screens than that too ... on my 9700 and my 8900 when I had them. And before that, my little 2.3" media player.

Not sure I'd use Netflix, but that's more a case of the data usage and the availability of a signal.
    mooda likes this.
    01-25-13 09:20 AM
    I used to watch tv on my 9700 via yesterberry man i miss that site. Made shopping with the GF very bare-able
    RubberChicken76 likes this.
    01-25-13 09:57 AM
    BOOOOOOOOOO no one needs movies on a 4 inch screen, times that by 15 and then were talking.
    When and if BlackBerry releases a 10-inch PlayBook, wouldn't it be nice to have Netflix ready by then? Having it on BB 10 isn't just to watch in on a 4" in screen. I'm sure most iOS and Android users watch Netflix on their respective tablets anyway.

Not to mention BlackBerry wants to get into the "mobile computing" arena - having Netflix (as well as other key apps) is essential to BlackBerry 10's success.
    01-25-13 05:53 PM
    respectfully, even though any app support is good, I will never agree that Netflix is essential to success. a mobile platform is not for or even primarily used for watching movies. its just simply a feature
    Spencerdl and ctuffy like this.
    01-25-13 06:01 PM
    respectfully, even though any app support is good, I will never agree that Netflix is essential to success. a mobile platform is not for or even primarily used for watching movies. its just simply a feature
    ^^^^ this....I agree totally
    nappp likes this.
    01-25-13 06:12 PM
    My comment would be you believe any customer service rep that answered "My BF has a BlackBerry and he loves it but its way to complicated for me!" Like dude I am here to like tell you all the answers! Toke toke.
    01-26-13 08:22 PM
    This is prolly because NetFlix wants more of the "$pie$ than RIM wants to give them. I get it,..I clearly understand this,...in the end, business is business,...everything else is just friendship!
    01-29-13 12:18 PM
    So Netflix was on Windows RT at launch but said no to BB10?!?
    01-30-13 10:24 AM
    No Netflix for BB10... now i'm done with them... period.
    01-30-13 10:46 AM
    No Netflix for BB10... now i'm done with them... period.
    all that over some crappy video app?
    01-30-13 10:52 AM
    I am curious as to how many of the people who need netflix on bb10 will actually use a 4.2" screen to watch it. I have it on my windows laptop and I am happy with that because I won't go blind looking at that screen.
    01-30-13 10:55 AM
    Anyone who saw that presentation and thinks Netflix is essential probably needs to move on to iPhony....

....Well...Bye

Netflix Customer Support Answer Regarding BB10-tombstone-powersbooth.jpg
    01-30-13 10:59 AM
    I never see anyone use netflix on their phone. Maybe not cost effective for them to develop any new apps
    I used it on my Evo 4G.
    01-30-13 01:31 PM
    I love netflix on my television. On my iPhone I use it once a year

No big deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    01-30-13 01:57 PM
    Sounds like BlackBerry World might have most of the same content. Probably more expensive though.
    01-30-13 02:00 PM
    all that over some crappy video app?
    I meant i'm done with Netflix no with BB....
    01-30-13 05:07 PM
    All this is is corporate talk, Netflix was likely unsatisfied with the financial terms offered by BB, BB in turn did not want to be fleeced by Netflix and voila, Netflix can blame BB for not being interested in having Netflix.
    01-30-13 05:22 PM
    Think it may be an issue with silverlight. Micro$oft's layer that does the drm for netflix. Would easily explain RT having it and BB not.

Either way I dont care. I always wanted it so I could hook my pb up to the tv and watch some movies, but I got one of those fancy bluray players that does it.
    01-30-13 05:30 PM
    Yeah, BlackBerry has all the major movie studios and music labels on board for BlackBerry World so they pretty much rendered Netflix unnecessary. With bridge and the hdmi output you also have the option to connect your BlackBerry device to a Television/monitor and watch media content there to boot. Hopefully there's a subscription service introduced that allows users to get unlimited access to content in BlackBerry World? Or something along those lines.
    Won't the BB10 get more up to date content over Netflix? My niece is always complaining that the Netflix movies are ancient.
    01-30-13 06:37 PM
    Read on engadged that Netflix will run on html5!!!! If Netflix changes from silver to html5, it would be possible to watch from the brower?

Posted via CB10
    07-10-13 08:06 PM
    Read on engadged that Netflix will run on html5!!!! If Netflix changes from silver to html5, it would be possible to watch from the brower?

Posted via CB10
    Heck if they did that we would be able to watch videos streaming on BB7 devices.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 10.1 via the CB Forums App
    07-13-13 05:05 PM
    Yeah, BlackBerry has all the major movie studios and music labels on board for BlackBerry World so they pretty much rendered Netflix unnecessary. With bridge and the hdmi output you also have the option to connect your BlackBerry device to a Television/monitor and watch media content there to boot. Hopefully there's a subscription service introduced that allows users to get unlimited access to content in BlackBerry World? Or something along those lines.
    But, that library wich you are talking about isn't available for all regions, or is it? Netflix have more regions. I'm from Ecuador and a can't find any movie on the BlackBerry World

Posted via CB10
    10-22-13 06:30 PM
    I just spoke with a Netflix chat rep and she told me the reason tehre was no BB app was because BB hasn't developed it. And this rep said she had a Q10. It seems to me that they are being trained to lie. Here is my chat log:

I have a BB10 device
    6 minutes ago Netflix Samantha
    Ah, I see! I also used to have the BBQ10, right now there is no Netflix application. However we are trying to work with BlackBerry to get an app written. Each manufacturer is responsible for writing the apps for their devices. We just provide the content.
    6 minutes ago Netflix Samantha
    the good news is the Netflix app is also available on hundreds of other devices!
    5 minutes ago You
    BlackBerry is responsible for building apps for Netflix?
    4 minutes ago Netflix Samantha
    Each manufacturer is responsible for writing and designing the application for their devices so the user interface works will with the device; we just provide the content and service.
    3 minutes ago You
    huh...doesnt make sense. the reason I ask is because i want content when I travel.
    3 minutes ago You
    unless there is a BB app, I'm probably not interested. how much is the monthky costs and how can I see what content you provide
    10-23-13 05:59 PM
49 12