Well I talked to Netflix customer support tonight as I wanted an email link for their corporate office to ask about BB10. The chat representative said she could not offer an email link but instead asked around to her cohorts/supervisor. She basically reported that Netflix isn't on BB because BB doesn't want Netflix. So there you have it. I really don't care but many people do. I will be following through with my chat and will cancel both netflix accounts I currently have. I want BB10 to be successful as I really like what I'm seeing. This sort of corporate tug-of-war BS doesn't appeal to me and Netflix loses over BB10.

Here's the conversation:

Netflix Customer Support Answer Regarding BB10-netflix-conversation.jpg
    G-bone likes this.
    01-24-13 09:23 PM
    Well I talked to Netflix customer support tonight as I wanted an email link for their corporate office to ask about BB10. The chat representative said she could not offer an email link but instead asked around to her cohorts/supervisor. She basically reported that Netflix isn't on BB because BB doesn't want Netflix. So there you have it. I really don't care but many people do. I will be following through with my chat and will cancel both netflix accounts I currently have. I want BB10 to be successful as I really like what I'm seeing. This sort of corporate tug-of-war BS doesn't appeal to me and Netflix loses over BB10.

Here's the conversation:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	netflix conversation.jpg 
Views:	533 
Size:	56.1 KB 
ID:	132443
    She clearly doesn't know what she's talking about.. RIM came right out and said they wanted netflix on the platform.. in fact I believe there is a tweet from Alec Saunders out there that said something along the lines of If netflix allowed us we'd have a team of developers at their door tomorrow to help them develop the app.

RIM has spent millions trying (successfully) to win over developers.. they certainly aren't turning away and major players.
    01-24-13 09:29 PM
    ahah, thats bull****. rim obviously wants netflix. this leads me to believe that netflix is a big name coming out on launch and they've been told to say this to keep that as one of the real shockers for launch.

could be wrong but to say bb doesnt want netflix when all theyve done the past year is hunt down all the big name apps. unless of course bb is planning to do their own form of netflix for blackberry customers. almost like a bbm service but tv shows and movies? thats extemely unlikely so ill say it again. its bull**** that rim doesnt want netflix. this is one of the things theyre saving for launch.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    G-bone likes this.
    01-24-13 09:32 PM
    I agree its BS. I did mention in my chat with her about RIM (Alec Saunders) saying they would help develop for Netflix if they could. I did have the same thought though that BB might provide their own Netflix like service. Wouldn't that be interesting? I think they'd have a hard time inking the deals with the networks though. As for Jan 30th - I really don't think Netflix will be in the list of available apps. I'm starting to think there is a pact between MS and Netflix due to Netflix using Silverlight.
    andyj1967 likes this.
    01-24-13 09:38 PM
    She clearly doesn't know what she's talking about.. RIM came right out and said they wanted netflix on the platform.. in fact I believe there is a tweet from Alec Saunders out there that said something along the lines of If netflix allowed us we'd have a team of developers at their door tomorrow to help them develop the app.

RIM has spent millions trying (successfully) to win over developers.. they certainly aren't turning away and major players.
    I agree with you. That may very well be exactly what they told you, but it doesn't mean that is correct or that they would even know.
    G-bone likes this.
    01-24-13 09:38 PM
    I thought BlackBerry came out and said that they will be using Quickflix?
    01-24-13 09:41 PM
    I agree its BS. I did mention in my chat with her about RIM (Alec Saunders) saying they would help develop for Netflix if they could. I did have the same thought though that BB might provide their own Netflix like service. Wouldn't that be interesting? I think they'd have a hard time inking the deals with the networks though. As for Jan 30th - I really don't think Netflix will be in the list of available apps. I'm starting to think there is a pact between MS and Netflix due to Netflix using Silverlight.
    Silverlight actually has nothing to do with it. No Android or iPhone supports it either, but the app is there. Thanks for the post though. It makes me feel more confident that it "might" be one of those things that they are holding back for launch. However, Kevin said in one of his addresses from CES that not every major app will be there at launch, but coming for the most part. Your average customer service person may not have the inside info if RIM is keeping this as one of the secrets for Jan 30th.

But I could always be wrong.

By the way, I see you are new here and want to thank you for finding the right section in the forums to post this.
    Here is another thread too where (kind of) the opposite thing was said in a way. Feel free to read through it too and make your own conclusions.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...firmed-760229/
    Last edited by axllebeer; 01-24-13 at 10:04 PM. Reason: Link added.
    Angtrim likes this.
    01-24-13 09:44 PM
    Can we get something clear here? FRONT LINE REPS KNOW ****NOTHING****

The decision to support is made several levels up, and it undermines a marketing effort to drop hints through the customer service reps.

I used to sell Toyotas. They have top-notch product training for their sales staff, but trust me, they didn't let one little detail out in public until they absolutely had to. Remember this any time you read a report from someone who talked to a Verizon rep, or a BestBuy grunt, or a Netflix CSR.

They. Don't. Know.
    01-24-13 09:52 PM

The decision to support is made several levels up, and it undermines a marketing effort to drop hints through the customer service reps.

I used to sell Toyotas. They have top-notch product training for their sales staff, but trust me, they didn't let one little detail out in public until they absolutely had to. Remember this any time you read a report from someone who talked to a Verizon rep, or a BestBuy grunt, or a Netflix CSR.

They. Don't. Know.
    yup, plus customer service is not even from netflix is actually another department from a telemarketing company. I used to work as a sales agent for one and they were not even related to what we were selling they just send the information they want you to tell and that's it, its like not every company is going to pay to have their own customer support, there is companies that offer this for them.
    01-24-13 10:06 PM
    This guy has two posts and we are to believe this post? Disregard and carry on. We will know plenty on Monday. Don't reply to trolls with 2 negative posts.
    01-24-13 10:06 PM

They. Don't. Know.
    I agree that front line reps wouldn't know anything. I just think its interesting how they are told to say its not their fault but Blackberry's.
    G-bone likes this.
    01-24-13 10:08 PM
    Silverlight actually has nothing to do with it. No Android or iPhone supports it either, but the app is there. Thanks for the post though. It makes me feel more confident that it "might" be one of those things that they are holding back for launch. However, Kevin said in one of his addresses from CES that not every major app will be there at launch, but coming for the most part. Your average customer service person may not have the inside info if RIM is keeping this as one of the secrets for Jan 30th.

But I could always be wrong.

By the way, I see you are new here and want to thank you for finding the right section in the forums to post this.
    Here is another thread too where (kind of) the opposite thing was said in a way. Feel free to read through it too and make your own conclusions.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...firmed-760229/
    I actually read that forum post first which made me ask Netflix myself. To me its interesting that the reps are told to say its Blackberry's fault not theirs.
    01-24-13 10:09 PM
    I actually read that forum post first which made me ask Netflix myself. To me its interesting that the reps are told to say its Blackberry's fault not theirs.
    Yeah I hear ya there. Well as someone above mentioned, you might not actually be talking to a Netflix employee but a contracted out service rep. They will have basic info and telling people that totally could be the standard response. It's impossible to get any REAL answers from a reliable source on this. That's why it's been discussed so much in the CrackBerry forums. A little leak here, a screenshot there, and customer service staff saying one thing then someone else saying another.

But we are forced to hope and grasp onto what is available for information, which isn't much. Hopefully in a week at launch we will know more.
    01-24-13 10:16 PM
    This guy has two posts and we are to believe this post? Disregard and carry on. We will know plenty on Monday. Don't reply to trolls with 2 negative posts.
    Wow what a hostile welcome. Hey in case you didn't notice I want BB10 to succeed. If you have a Netflix account talk to customer support yourself. In fact, everyone here should bug the heck out of them. Its not a negative post its what actually occurred and no I didn't spend all night Photoshopping a customer support chat with Netflix. Having or not having Netflix will not change my mind about upgrading to BB10. I do own some of RIM though and I also want to see the share price go up. Actually, what I really want is to start a revolt to cancel Netflix if they don't support BB10.
    01-24-13 10:17 PM
    I didn't find anything he said to be particularly trollish or negative, just looking for answers like we all are.
    We are all here to help each other.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/general...-users-762495/
    G-bone, EsJayDee, Boodrew and 1 others like this.
    01-24-13 10:20 PM
    Haha. While it's fun for her to say "RIM doesn't want Netflix", it's silly. As others have noted, Alec Saunders has mentioned Netflix several times in tweets.

It's contractual, plain and simple. It costs Netflix money to develop and (more specifically) support the app and the customers using it on an ongoing basis. They know RIM needs them, the platform is unproven, so they're probably trying to see what they can get out of the deal.
    01-24-13 10:27 PM
    .......and the Netflix saga continues.......people LET IT GO. If it comes to BB10, good, if it doesn't so what. This subject has been discussed about a 1000 times in these forums. Use search and add comments please.
    nappp likes this.
    01-24-13 10:28 PM
    Sorry but every time a person posts that netflix or Skype don't be available its a person with their first post. Why is that?
    I have used android and crapple and never wanted any netflix or Skype. No one I know wants to use face time or the video chat on android.
    nappp likes this.
    01-24-13 10:30 PM
    I never see anyone use netflix on their phone. Maybe not cost effective for them to develop any new apps
    nappp likes this.
    01-24-13 10:35 PM
    BOOOOOOOOOO no one needs movies on a 4 inch screen, times that by 15 and then were talking.
    nappp and herculesinwyoming like this.
    01-24-13 10:37 PM
    Sorry but every time a person posts that netflix or Skype don't be available its a person with their first post. Why is that?
    I have used android and crapple and never wanted any netflix or Skype. No one I know wants to use face time or the video chat on android.
    Oh I get where you are coming from and after my 9930 broke I'm on Android for a little while till BB10 gets here and I don't use Netflix on my Evo. But on my PlayBook, now that would be great. HDMI out to the TV and no phone calls to interrupt what I'm watching, it would be great. At least the OP wasn't just saying "why doesn't my BlackBerry have Netflix!" He dug for what info he was able to find and posted it.

Yeah it's been discussed, but I see all the threads about it and just hope someone at Netflix has seen them too to PROVE ONCE AND FOR ALL to them that there is a demand for it.
    01-24-13 10:39 PM
    netflix thread=waste of time
    Spencerdl likes this.
    01-24-13 10:40 PM
    Serves no purpose other than kill your battery. Netflix you better have your phone charger plugged in. Other wise you have a dead device at the end of the movie, same goes for playing games more than 20 minutes.
    Spencerdl likes this.
    01-24-13 10:42 PM
    I agree that front line reps wouldn't know anything. I just think its interesting how they are told to say its not their fault but Blackberry's.
    And I'm sorry for yelling

We already know what Netflix tells customers about BlackBerry. It's just that we're getting buried in posts where somebody talked to some low-end grunt somewhere, when said grunt knows nothing we haven't heard already.
    01-24-13 10:49 PM
    Netflix is in bigger trouble than RIM..I suspect this deflection tactic is a way to make them look better than trying to extort every possible nickel out of every platform.
    Having said all that...
    I wouldn't be surprised to see them there at launch ...

#BB10Believe
    01-24-13 10:56 PM
49 12