Reply from netflix:
    Thank you so much for waiting! My tech team has very little info on this subject, since BB has not given us any information about it. We will know way more once BB10 is released. My best guess is that it will indeed be compatible with Netflix, especially if it plans on having Android 4.2. We are compatible with Android devices. You can however go to the google playstore website and see if BB10 will be compatible with google app store. Click on "Get started" then click on "Supported devices" if BB10 is listed it would definitely be compatible with Netflix Click here.
    basically I told him they dont even need to work that hard they could start by working on android port and getting that over atm one is working but its a bit sluggish etc. I said we are going to be getting 4.2 I belive ? and he replied that so i said:

You
    BB10 is released and been released since february, the first major update 10.1 come this month. Yeah atm it runs 2.1 android I belive and it currently works but its getting 4.2 shortly.
    2 minutes agoNetflix Luis
    Ah, perfect. As long as it will run Android 4.2 we will definitely be compatible!
    38 seconds agoNetflix Luis
    I have always loved BB, however I cannot part with Android. This would be perfect for me! I am definitely going to check out BB10 as soon as it has 4.2 on it.
    Seems like he thought bb10 was getting 4.2 as main os but i explained its basically a player what can play android apps/gameshe was very interested and said hell check it out.
    05-22-13 07:15 PM
    Who is "him"? The dev team headmaster? Just another tech support guy?

Your emails (as posted) don't really explain much of the scenario BB10 presents though (and right now, it's a 2.3.3 VM).

Still, if he can pass this up, it's always good to enighten them on BB10.
    05-22-13 07:19 PM
    I told him atm where on like an old android player but its getting updated to a newer version.
    05-22-13 07:24 PM
    So, who is full of crap here - BlackBerry for not pushing BB10 to Netflix or Netflix for saying they've never looked at BB10?

Not that I care, I'll never use Netflix on my phone.
    05-23-13 01:57 AM
    So, who is full of crap here - BlackBerry for not pushing BB10 to Netflix or Netflix for saying they've never looked at BB10?

Not that I care, I'll never use Netflix on my phone.
    Lol given Netflix's very own CEO's recent comments, I'm gonna say Netflix is full of it. This guy didn't even know BB10 was out and clearly doesn't know much about the devices or the operating systems they run.

At this point I'm slowly starting to feel like, wait for BlackBerry to upgrade the Android runtime and just use the sideload. Of course, I canceled my Netflix account a while ago so I won't be using it, but for those that need it have at it.

Posted via CB10 & loving it!
    05-23-13 02:05 AM
    This is the interaction I had with one of their support forums yesterday.

Me;
    Would love to know why there is no Blackberry 10 support for a device that has a larger screen and higher resolution than an iPhone5, has native DLNA wifi streaming and full 1080p HDMI output and millions of devices sold already??? Makes no business sense to not be on that platform (even an Android port to start) yet you are on a Nintendo DS??? Crazy! Any insight here would be welcome.

Jeremy (NetFlix Employee):
    That's a great device Jim! We don't currently support streaming Netflix via Blackberry because there is not a commercially available solution for streaming protected content on the platform. As always, our product teams are constantly working with device manufacturers to include more Netflix streaming platforms, which is why we are not always able to tell what the future holds. Stay tuned!

Me:
    That doesn't make sense. There are several DRM content protected apps that run on BB10....Kindle, Overdrive, 7Digital, plus the BlackBerry World Music and Movie rentals. I should also mention that someone has ported the Android version of Netflix so that it side loads onto a BlackBerry 10 device and it streams the content just fine. It isn't an official app and scrolling through your queue is bit laggy but a couple days effort by an official dev to optimize and it would be golden. Your CEO was in Toronto last week and said he hadn't used a BB10 device and was incorrect with his outdated knowledge of the new platform based on QNX. Perhaps there are other reasons?

No further replies to my last comment. :-(

Posted via CB10
    00stryder likes this.
    05-23-13 03:01 PM
    This is the interaction I had with one of their support forums yesterday.

Me;
    Would love to know why there is no Blackberry 10 support for a device that has a larger screen and higher resolution than an iPhone5, has native DLNA wifi streaming and full 1080p HDMI output and millions of devices sold already??? Makes no business sense to not be on that platform (even an Android port to start) yet you are on a Nintendo DS??? Crazy! Any insight here would be welcome.

Jeremy (NetFlix Employee):
    That's a great device Jim! We don't currently support streaming Netflix via Blackberry because there is not a commercially available solution for streaming protected content on the platform. As always, our product teams are constantly working with device manufacturers to include more Netflix streaming platforms, which is why we are not always able to tell what the future holds. Stay tuned!

Me:
    That doesn't make sense. There are several DRM content protected apps that run on BB10....Kindle, Overdrive, 7Digital, plus the BlackBerry World Music and Movie rentals. I should also mention that someone has ported the Android version of Netflix so that it side loads onto a BlackBerry 10 device and it streams the content just fine. It isn't an official app and scrolling through your queue is bit laggy but a couple days effort by an official dev to optimize and it would be golden. Your CEO was in Toronto last week and said he hadn't used a BB10 device and was incorrect with his outdated knowledge of the new platform based on QNX. Perhaps there are other reasons?

No further replies to my last comment. :-(

Posted via CB10
    Lol I wouldn't hold my breath on a reply. They're running out of ways to say, "We just don't want to develop for BlackBerry." It's a shame when the Goliaths underestimate the Davids. You'd think they'd learn from BlackBerry's folly 5 years ago.

Posted via CB10 & loving it!
    nappp likes this.
    05-23-13 04:09 PM
    Once again...kcuf Netflix and the or ***-backwards tech support.

Posted via CB10
    nappp likes this.
    05-23-13 07:21 PM