This is a huge blow to me because Nemory was in his way filling the app gap.

https://n4bb.com/nemory-studios-futu...0-development/

Looks like if BlackBerry's future is android the we lose all of whats left of our Native Developers.
    07-07-15 03:48 AM
    People may want to read it properly :

"nemoryoliver
    Hi #BlackBerry People! Just a quick survey: "Would you want a BlackBerry running Full #Android instead of the current BlackBerry 10 OS?" If rumors are true. It is a very sad news for us Native BlackBerry Developers and Nemory Studios will be moving to a different direction too, iOS. But we are gonna keep our BlackBerry 10 apps updated to fit your needs. But if rumors will be false eventually, then we might change our minds. BTW: I'm not encouraging you to switch nor am I leaving my BlackBerry 10 Phone (BlackBerry Passport) as my main device! It seriously rocks than any other phones and will remain as my main device for all things mobile! I just wanna thank you all once again for everything. Thanks. Thanks. Thanks. Thanks. Thanks."
    07-07-15 03:51 AM
    Well, that was rather predictable. And I can totally understand Nemory. Other than that it's a sad news indeed.
    07-07-15 03:57 AM
    All this rumors are damage BB10. But Chen prefer to talk of that https://twitter.com/JohnChen/status/617773110306189312
    instead of clearing the situation. Why he don't do? Simple, they are really switching to Android. The maintainer of BB10 / QNX Port has confirmed that BlackBerry isn't contribute anymore to Qt. How they are going to support BB10 if the native framework is dead?
    sentimentGX4 likes this.
    07-07-15 03:58 AM
    If Blackberry goes full Android there will simply be no market for his crappy imitations of apps from other platforms anymore.

Unfortunately, he won't remove his BB10 apps, because they still generate him money from desperate BB10 users searching for famous apps and thinking his ones would be secure or would deliver good quality.
    07-07-15 03:59 AM
    If Blackberry goes full Android there will simply be no market for his crappy imitations of apps from other platforms anymore.

Unfortunately, he won't remove his BB10 apps, because they still generate him money from desperate BB10 users searching for famous apps and thinking his ones would be secure or would deliver good quality.
    Y u hatin bro?

Posted via CB10
    anon(8908445) likes this.
    07-07-15 04:23 AM
    who cares about Nemory! his apps are not good anyway...
    07-07-15 04:33 AM
    Bummer

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576 O2 UK
    snackbar likes this.
    07-07-15 04:39 AM
    What's wrong with his Apps exactly? Look good to me.
    S Valmont likes this.
    07-07-15 04:39 AM
    Which is also another reason he's contemplating leaving... people are jerks.

http://forums.crackberry.com/develop...emory-1027478/

Honestly wouldn't even be mad at him if he does end up not developing for BlackBerry 10 anymore. Yes, I said IF as he did... he clearly seems not certain as of yet.
    07-07-15 04:45 AM
    I thought Blackberry users were security-focused? The problem with Nemory are not his poorly coded, buggy apps, violating APIs, but rather his behavior. Cheating on his users and threatening them when they complain about serious issues? And we should cry that this developer leaves BB10?

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...thread-884385/
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...rticle-995893/
    07-07-15 05:26 AM
    People may want to read it properly :

"nemoryoliver
    Hi #BlackBerry People! Just a quick survey: "Would you want a BlackBerry running Full #Android instead of the current BlackBerry 10 OS?" If rumors are true. It is a very sad news for us Native BlackBerry Developers and Nemory Studios will be moving to a different direction too, iOS. But we are gonna keep our BlackBerry 10 apps updated to fit your needs. But if rumors will be false eventually, then we might change our minds. BTW: I'm not encouraging you to switch nor am I leaving my BlackBerry 10 Phone (BlackBerry Passport) as my main device! It seriously rocks than any other phones and will remain as my main device for all things mobile! I just wanna thank you all once again for everything. Thanks. Thanks. Thanks. Thanks. Thanks."
    Yes I said if. Lol

Posted via CB10
    07-07-15 05:39 AM
    Yes I said if. Lol

Posted via CB10
    Just before everyone jumps on the boat without reading your post properly lol
    The Big Picture and wincyUt like this.
    07-07-15 05:47 AM
    I thought Blackberry users were security-focused? The problem with Nemory are not his poorly coded, buggy apps, violating APIs, but rather his behavior. Cheating on his users and threatening them when they complain about serious issues? And we should cry that this developer leaves BB10?

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...thread-884385/
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...rticle-995893/

And where they not fixed?

Quick note for folks - just to interrupt for a moment.

I've retested Inst4gram, and gave it a clean bill of health last night. Everything is being sent over ssl, with minimum analytics. It's actually locked down quite nicely and the network communication looks quite clean.

The next article, I'll give an update soon with logs on what apps have improved and changed since the last article!
    07-07-15 05:49 AM
    Said and done are completely different things!
    Maxxxpower likes this.
    07-07-15 06:25 AM

Honestly wouldn't even be mad at him if he does end up not developing for BlackBerry 10 anymore. Yes, I said IF as he did... he clearly seems not certain as of yet.

...and I'm a jerk how exactly?.. Because I "have an opinion" Bla1ze?
    Maxxxpower likes this.
    07-07-15 07:03 AM
    ...and I'm a jerk how exactly?.. Because I "have an opinion" Bla1ze?
    You certainly have an opinion, but that's not what makes you a jerk..... I thinks it's more so the lack of a filter

07-07-15 07:14 AM
    ... and didn't he threaten his customers?
    07-07-15 07:16 AM
    ... and didn't he threaten his customers?
    You talking about the hacking claim ?
    Yep, that's certainly unusual, I understand on that point.

Though, on the other hand, do you not think it's wrong that practically every thread about him people like yourself post negative things?
    Sounds like bullying to me. (Yes I've had much worse myself, before anyone asks)
    07-07-15 07:32 AM
    When we look back at BB10, I think we'll find it sad that people really celebrated some very poor quality, poorly supported apps that violated other honest developers' work and property rights.
    07-07-15 07:45 AM
    Though, on the other hand, do you not think it's wrong that practically every thread about him people like yourself post negative things?
    Don't you think that his behavior of throwing one buggy, half-baked app after the other out and building new ones before fixing the old ones to make cash from desperate BB users searching for first party apps (that don't exist) are the reason? It certainly has nothing to to with bullying somebody.
    senel likes this.
    07-07-15 07:56 AM
    (Shrugs) Well, either way, it's his choice. The main app for me was Extreme Map Pro. Other than that, I didn't buy his apps, but, I did use a few listed in the Beta Zone with no issues. The lack of support while creating more apps was enough for me to stop and observe. While I do support DEVs, I have so many apps that I've purchased and for various reasons and don't use anymore. So, while I applaud his effort to make some money, Android apps are there and are a convenience, but, not necessary. As you can see, filling the app gap was done with runtime for Android Apps. As I mentioned to him in the thread-which I supported, getting an attitude with "any" customer when they have a choice between your product and another, is not smart-even if the DEV is right. Within 15 minutes, comments will be broadcast (on another thread) and everyone will know.
    Last edited by Blacklatino; 07-08-15 at 12:04 PM. Reason: Clarification.
    wincyUt likes this.
    07-07-15 08:20 AM
    When we look back at BB10, I think we'll find it sad that people really celebrated some very poor quality, poorly supported apps that violated other honest developers' work and property rights.
    I think we were desperate. People 'celebrate' (mostly just--go along with) lots of drastic in desperate times.

The real failure is not those devs that found a way, or the users that 'just followed the way'. The real failure lies almost squarely on BlackBerry, for failing to even make a dent on the ecosystem.

Posted via CB10
    07-07-15 08:27 AM
    I think we were desperate. People 'celebrate' (mostly just--go along with) lots of drastic in desperate times.

The real failure is not those devs that found a way, or the users that 'just followed the way'. The real failure lies almost squarely on BlackBerry, for failing to even make a dent on the ecosystem.
    I understand what you're saying, but I think I have a less generous view of developers who deliberately and wantonly violate other developers' IP just to make some easy money from desperate users left with no other choice. Any developer can violate T&C's and hack out a bunch of half done apps to generate cash. Fortunately many developers pay more attention to the ethics here. Those are the talented developers whom I really respect.

I agree that it would have been nice if BlackBerry had thought about and solved the ecosystem issue earlier. It's not clear how that was possible coming into the game as late as they finally did.
    Last edited by app_Developer; 07-07-15 at 08:53 AM.
    07-07-15 08:40 AM
    People are "jerks" for expressing their opinion, yet he's a good guy regardless of how some customers have been treated/disrespected by him? The forums are littered with people whom had unfavorable experiences with him.... my 2 cent

07-07-15 09:09 AM
67 123