First off, I should begin by saying that I think it's great that Nemory has chosen to stick with BB10 long after others have bailed out. I wish him the best of luck. That out of the way,

I'm very confused about why people use Nemory's apps versus their Android counterparts. I've downloaded and tried nearly all of them, and I still can't see why people use them. They're the antithesis of all things BB10.

Faithful BB10 apps have two parts to them: the look, and the feel.

First, let's talk about the look of Nemory's apps. They're 100% styled after Android. If you're not too careful when looking at the app screenshots on App World, you might mistake them for an Android port. From font to colour to position, the apps look like any other Android third-party app. There's absolutely nothing about the look itself that, just from a screenshot, let's you know you're looking at a BB10 app.

Next, the feel. Besides perhaps centralisation of information (i.e. the Hub), the biggest, most fundamental difference between BB10 and other mobile operating systems is the use of swiping to navigate; basically, buttons are only used in BB10 when swiping would not make sense (e.g. situations where there are multiple navigational options, not just simply 'back') or be profoubdly unintuitive. It's what makes me love, for example, the CB app I'm currently composing on, and it's what I miss on my PRIV. Because swipes are so natural, everything that can be swiped is; the semicolon that splits this sentence was quickly accessed by swiping down on my Passport SE's keyboard.

The Nemory apps have very little swiping. They're wholly unintuitive. Even after spending time to get myself acquainted with them, I never know where my thumb should go next. This is one of the magicalnesses of BB10; it's so very intuitive that you know by pure instinct where you're going to want to focus your attention next. I feel none of this on Android apps, and only minimally on Nemory's.

Which all makes me wonder why people are so devoted to him. Sure, it's nice to have a dev who's still actively churning new updates out, and I understand the desire to support him. But I feel like I don't understand the popularity of the apps at the end of the day. You can sideload a lot better apps straight from Android; why are people shelling out a pretty steep price for all of his apps instead? I simply don't see the appeal. Please let me know what it is I'm missing here!

Posted via CB10
    04-12-17 03:02 AM
    Not sure that people are "devoted" to him....

There are many that don't have the option of loading apps the way some of us do, either do to IT Policies that place limits, or inexperience with installing outside of a "store". Others feel that supporting BlackBerry Developers is in their best interest.
    brookie229 likes this.
    04-12-17 07:23 AM
    They're available. That's the long and short of it. You open BlackBerry world and they're there. That's all it really takes for some.
    brookie229 and thejackson5 like this.
    04-12-17 08:09 AM
    I currently only use Face10, but I have purchased almost all of his apps. Supporting a developer that still developes for BB10 is as close as I can get to helping keep BB10 going. If I wanted to use Android apps, I would just get an Android phone.
    TGIS likes this.
    04-12-17 02:17 PM
    I think people appreciate his perseverance in bringing big name apps to the platform despite facing the possibility that the app may never work correctly/satisfactorily or will be pulled for breaking ToS.

Nemory is quite prolific considering he is working alone (assumption) and could have moved on once he sold a few apps like other developers did, he seems to care about the BlackBerry community even if there has been friction at times (snapchatgate).

It looks like he is a fan of his own apps too, even if others don't agree.. *chuckles*.

Nemory apps, what's the appeal?-img_20170409_171757.png

Posted via CB10
    04-12-17 06:55 PM
    It looks like he is a fan of his own apps too, even if others don't agree.. *chuckles*.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20170409_171757.png 
Views:	1265 
Size:	149.7 KB 
ID:	421155

Posted via CB10
    Oh man, the irony is strong with this one.

I actually purchased that app for a month about a year ago. Like the ***** that I am, I didn't listen to the dozens of reviews telling me that the app was completely non-functional.

Sure enough, it's the most useless, lazy app I've ever paid for. (Made me envious of the Play Store's 15-minute return policy.) Not only is it pretty much just a wrapper around the Outlook mobile site, but it doesn't even work AT THAT. You can't scroll around as the site necessitates, meaning after logging in, you can't do *anything*--can't send, can't receive, can't even read.

That's not just bad form, that's verging on an outright scam, to keep such a broken app available in the store.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-17 07:20 PM
    If I wanted to use Android apps, I would just get an Android phone.
    I agree! One-hundred percent.

But that's exactly my point. I bought a BB10 phone because I like using BB10 apps. So why would I use the Nemory apps? They're pretty much Android apps that happen to technically be BB10.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-17 07:55 PM
    I agree! One-hundred percent.

But that's exactly my point. I bought a BB10 phone because I like using BB10 apps. So why would I use the Nemory apps? They're pretty much Android apps that happen to technically be BB10.

Posted via CB10
    I'm not sure which Nemory apps you have tried, but with the exception of Messenger Pro, I think all of his apps that I have used feel very much like native Cascade apps. Now, whether or not they are all coded well or have bugs is a different conversation...
    04-13-17 02:48 PM
    Inst10 is not bad, I like the way it handles instagram videos with the play/pause function.
    And I did like the snapchat app when it was still working...

*just remembered Twittly! It is basically poison
    Posted via CB10
    04-16-17 04:37 PM
    I've built my own UI Components and using them on almost all of my apps. But I'm already planning on switching to pure BlackBerry 10 components on my future updates. I've already started some minor changes in some of my apps.

For Outlook10 App, I'm going to look into it again.

Posted via CB10
    oystersourced likes this.
    04-16-17 06:21 PM
    I've built my own UI Components and using them on almost all of my apps. But I'm already planning on switching to pure BlackBerry 10 components on my future updates. I've already started some minor changes in some of my apps.

For Outlook10 App, I'm going to look into it again.

Posted via CB10
    If and when your apps look and feel like 100 % native BB10 apps, I'll *happily* shell out for the pro versions of each and every single one, even the platforms I don't even use. I'm a HUGE fan of putting one's money where one's mouth is, and if you end up with a family of true BB10 apps, my money is in your wallet.

Posted via CB10
    04-16-17 11:39 PM
    I love his Twittly app which was just updated but sadly I'm still having issues getting logged in on one acct and the other account when I try to send a msg it tells me I'm blocked cuz it thinks I'm a bot. I've resorted to the Blackberry Twitter app which s u ck s.
    04-17-17 01:29 AM
    I currently only use Face10, but I have purchased almost all of his apps. Supporting a developer that still developes for BB10 is as close as I can get to helping keep BB10 going. If I wanted to use Android apps, I would just get an Android phone.
    I feel the same.

Supporting Nemory who seems to be one of the last active devs for BB10 is my way to resist and fight the Android appeal.

I just wish that Messenger Pro would look like it was at the very beginning. Don't like the hybrid feeling. But I'm trusty.

Keep on going, Nemory !

Posted via CB10 with a classy French Classic
    04-17-17 02:51 AM
    I feel the same.

Supporting Nemory who seems to be one of the last active devs for BB10 is my way to resist and fight the Android appeal.

I just wish that Messenger Pro would look like it was at the very beginning. Don't like the hybrid feeling. But I'm trusty.

Keep on going, Nemory !

Posted via CB10 with a classy French Classic
    I agree, the UI on his apps are very good looking but I do very much prefer the BB10 style. I will happily pay for his apps however, because the ones I do use(facebook and Instagram mostly) do work very well. I can't stand android and I hate apple, and I genuinely do love blackberry both on the hardware side and software side

Posted via CB10
    04-22-17 05:18 PM
    I love his Twittly app which was just updated but sadly I'm still having issues getting logged in on one acct and the other account when I try to send a msg it tells me I'm blocked cuz it thinks I'm a bot. I've resorted to the Blackberry Twitter app which s u ck s.
    Have you tried Blaq?

I don't use Blaq because I use Twitter, I use Twitter because I use Blaq.

Seriously. It's one of the most perfect apps I've ever used, right up there with Reddit in Motion. It single-handedly made me a Twitterer, something I swore I'd never become. It's the best 2 bucks you'll spend all week.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-17 12:17 AM
    Have you tried Blaq?

I don't use Blaq because I use Twitter, I use Twitter because I use Blaq.

Seriously. It's one of the most perfect apps I've ever used, right up there with Reddit in Motion. It single-handedly made me a Twitterer, something I swore I'd never become. It's the best 2 bucks you'll spend all week.

Posted via CB10
    I hate Blaq.

This last update corrected everything on Twittly for me.
    04-26-17 02:42 AM
    I hate Blaq.
    How?! Why?!

Posted via CB10
    04-30-17 01:43 AM
    Also, I hate to go for an ad hominem here as it's not really a criticism of the apps so much as the dev, but it REALLY pisses me off to see Nemory not only writing a five-star review on one of his own very broken two- and two-and-half-star apps that multiple people have apparently gotten refunds from BlackBerry for

Nemory apps, what's the appeal?-img_20170501_220429.png

Nemory apps, what's the appeal?-img_20170501_220533.png

But then he goes and leaves a one-star review on a *direct competitor's* (admittedly also broken) app

Attachment 422307

It's cool of you wanna help spread the word for your apps, Nemory. What's not cool is using deceptive tactics to achieve that goal. You like BB10. Don't make us trust it less by messing with the app review system.

Every developer of every single of the millions and millions of Android and iPhone apps wants to leave a five-star review for their apps, but buddy, that's just not how it works.

Posted via CB10
    Attached Thumbnails Nemory apps, what's the appeal?-img_20170501_220345.png  
    mbirth and palewhiteninja like this.
    05-01-17 10:13 PM
    Just noticed today that ins10 was taking up nearly 1gb on my phone, is this normal?

Posted via CB10
    05-03-17 10:58 AM
    He has half baked apps ans whenever you post a query on his official thread he never responds. Whatsapp10 will be bought Down soon as it is no longer an opensource. I respect the devs dedication but it's lost in between.
    Whatsapp is a direct rip off the android version. It's not integrated in HUB like how bb10 apps are.

Posted via CB10
    thejackson5 likes this.
    05-03-17 04:58 PM
    I used to like his apps till they started spamming me with adverts for Whatsapp 10.

Posted via CB10
    05-09-17 12:21 PM
    Just noticed today that ins10 was taking up nearly 1gb on my phone, is this normal?

Posted via CB10
    Clear the cache?

Posted via CB10
    05-09-17 06:11 PM
    I use and like twittly, I think it is no responsive and much better than the outdated native twitter.
    However, there is a bad thing twittly apps doesn't close/die properly, so many times I see that the app is still in memory and I have to kill it.

I really don't like always alive apps, also I hate the memory management of android. So I would like a way to close twittly, without going to settings.monitor...

Thanks Nemory
    ( I paid for some apps and I will pay for others

Posted via CB10
    12-24-17 07:34 AM