Bombard this email [email protected], Twitter https://twitter.com/MyFitnessPal, Facebook https://www.facebook.com/myfitnesspal with request for BB10 app. It'll come soon if we keep emailing them.

This is the email I got back for an My Fitness Pal Employee:

Michael wrote:
    MAY 29, 2013 | 08:26PM PDT
    Hello,

Thank you for expressing your interest in a Blackberry 10 version of the MyFitnessPal app. Please accept our sincerest apologies that our app is currently not available on this platform. Unfortunately, though RIM does provide a means for porting simple Android apps to the BlackBerry AppWorld, due to its complexity, the MyFitnessPal app is not a candidate for this easy porting process.

We are definitely keeping an eye out on the feedback from our users to make the app available on BB10, and we have made note of your request. Our support team updates our developers each week to indicate the level of feedback we receive on this topic. We will continue to make sure your voice is heard, but we cannot guarantee if or when MyFitnessPal will make the move to BlackBerry 10.

Until then, our program is always available via our website at Free Calorie Counter, Diet & Exercise Journal | MyFitnessPal.com. Just sign into the members log in area with the same username and password you currently use. Regardless of the device or how you access our program, if the program is available via app, tablet or website, you should be able to access your account in all places, when there is a valid internet connection, with the same username and password.

We thank you for your understanding. Please let us know if you have any other problems or questions. We wish you all the success in reaching and maintaining all of your diet and fitness goals.

Warm Regards,
    Michael
    MyFitnessPal Staff

-------------------------
    anon(3310921) likes this.
    05-28-13 10:37 PM
    Example email from meganVee:
    Hi there!

Incase you have not realized many of your users are avid BlackBerry owners. Many of us have come from OS7 which did have a My Fitness Pal app and are now on OS10 which you have not provided an app for.

You also do not have a mobile site as an alternative for the lack of no BlackBerry 10 app.

Your Android port is not working on BlackBerry 10 so do not attempt to smooth things over by suggesting that as a cheap alternative. It does not work.

So, to sum things up.
    1) You do not have a BlackBerry 10 App
    2) You do not have a mobile site
    3) The Android port does NOT work

Essentially you are leaving us BlackBerry 10 users out in the cold and for what exactly?

Get it together and create an app for BlackBerry 10.

Thanks!
    05-28-13 10:41 PM
    I just use my q10 browser.

Posted with my Q10
    05-28-13 10:43 PM
    Example email from meganVee:
    Hi there!

Incase you have not realized many of your users are avid BlackBerry owners. Many of us have come from OS7 which did have a My Fitness Pal app and are now on OS10 which you have not provided an app for.

You also do not have a mobile site as an alternative for the lack of no BlackBerry 10 app.

Your Android port is not working on BlackBerry 10 so do not attempt to smooth things over by suggesting that as a cheap alternative. It does not work.

So, to sum things up.
    1) You do not have a BlackBerry 10 App
    2) You do not have a mobile site
    3) The Android port does NOT work

Essentially you are leaving us BlackBerry 10 users out in the cold and for what exactly?

Get it together and create an app for BlackBerry 10.

Thanks!

Or you could try asking nicely.. that email just sounds rude.
    05-28-13 10:45 PM
    Or you could try asking nicely.. that email just sounds rude.
    If someone talked to me like that I'd be rushing to do what they asked /sarcasm

Posted via CB10
    just_luc and Bla1ze like this.
    05-28-13 11:10 PM
    Made sure to add the contact info to this huge list. . .Want your favorite apps on blackberry 10? Let em know . . .keep it up!
    05-28-13 11:29 PM
    Oh no, I just found out about MFP a few days ago and downloaded it onto my 9900 along with Runtastic.

Today I got the Q10 and no MFP, so yeah I'll be inquiring when and if they are coming to BB10.

Posted via CB10
    06-14-13 08:27 PM
    Mfp works fine using sideload and new tutorial I have it installed it on my Q10

Posted via CB10
    06-15-13 04:41 AM
    I just left those people and their app behind because I think they are douchebags to us BB10-users.
    06-15-13 12:47 PM
    Mfp works fine using sideload and new tutorial I have it installed it on my Q10

Posted via CB10
    Can you please provide more detail on how you loaded MFP?
    06-15-13 06:57 PM
    Can you please provide more detail on how you loaded MFP?
    The method he's referring to is discussed in this post:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=817781
    But it isn't easy (there's over a 1000 posts in that thread of people trying to understand)! But it also worked for me!

From my Q10
    06-16-13 08:54 AM
    But it isn't easy (there's over a 1000 posts in that thread of people trying to understand)! But it also worked for me!

From my Q10
    ...so. . .why am I going through all that trouble when the developer should???
    06-16-13 09:22 AM
    ...so. . .why am I going through all that trouble when the developer should???
    Agreed! It's BS. It is particularly frustrating when the app exists on older BlackBerry platforms. Even more when it exists an android and can, obviously since I managed to, be ported over.

From my Q10
    06-16-13 02:59 PM

From my Q10
    Thanks for the help!

I have my debug token but I can't seem to find the .apk file for MFP... would you be able to share the copy you used?

Thanks again!
    06-16-13 04:38 PM
    Never mind I found a copy.

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    06-16-13 06:00 PM
    I'll just make due with MFP on my 9900, it's my workout running mp3 phone now anyway.

Besides since I have Runtastic synced with MFP, it won't make since to have it on the Q since I won't be working out with this phone anyway.

Posted via CB10
    06-16-13 06:15 PM
    Just an update:

I was able to get MFP to work using the method mentioned. If anyone needs help with sideloading this app I am willing to help where I can.

Thanks again kfroese!!
    06-17-13 07:28 PM
    Yep -- it works.

I blasted a nasty email at MFP telling them that their previous claim that it was "difficult" due to the "complexity" of the app was crap and that I don't appreciate being lied to.
    06-18-13 11:58 AM
    Yep -- it works.

I blasted a nasty email at MFP telling them that their previous claim that it was "difficult" due to the "complexity" of the app was crap and that I don't appreciate being lied to.
    Oh yes, this sort of behaviour will have developers lining up to produce a free app for such a well behaved and appreciative audience.

Very mature indeed.
    06-18-13 11:58 PM