I have been going over and over whether switching to the Priv from the Passport will be an update. IMHO, it is not. After reading several reviews (also having tried Android) and seeing how things like the Hub are not well implemented, I can actually see certain advantages of BB10 over Android.

Truth be told, it would be ideal if at some point I could get updated apps from either BlackBerry World or Amazon App Store, which are the official solutions.

In reality, I had Cobalt's workaround (kudos to him, btw) only to download and then patch Plants vs. Zombies 2, unfortunately, the latest version could not be installed and it erased the obb files (together with my progress). Thus, I no longer saw need of having the whole GP solution and went back to Snap (I love the native feeling), as I'm only keeping and updating certain apps and perhaps one or two games from GPS, which are neither available on BB World or Amazon.

In today's business, social networks are important. It's unfortunate that native support seems to have been dropped on the following apps: Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn. I'm only using the first and last however. Twitter seems to have a couple of other native options (Blaq and Twittly), but neither Facebook, nor LinkedIn, have alternatives other than going the Android route or mobile pages. It's doable, but I much prefer the way these are handled by the Hub.

Another app which must be mentioned, surprisingly works well and has continuos support is WhatsApp (even though many BlackBerry fans dislike it). What surprises me most is that Facebook owns WhatsApp, yet curiously does not develop a Facebook app for BB10 (our app is made by BlackBerry).

Likewise, it would be great to have "officially" on BB10 apps like Uber, whether native or ported, I currently use the mobile page, but since yesterday it's strangely only working on Wi-Fi and not on Telcel's network. I know there's Ober, but let's be honest, why would I want to pay for a service which is freely accesible on the web? Nonetheless, kudos to Nemory, as he has also made available other useful apps, such as the Periscope client, but then again, it has a cost, although I can understand the developer's needs.

I'm sharing these ideas in order to find out what needs do other BB10 users have, specially if you don't want to switch to Android or other platforms, but would like to see certain "essential" apps supported.

Finally, does anyone know of a way to contact BlackBerry and kindly request that they take a look at the "basic" apps (such as the ones I mentioned) and have them fixed/updated (Facebook, I'm looking at you)?

Posted with my powerful and masterful  Passport!
    gugomat likes this.
    11-21-15 12:38 PM
    Well the WhatsApp client was made long before Facebook bought the company out, they had no real reason to force discontinue it

Posted via CB10 v....not telling
    11-21-15 01:02 PM
    I am working on a Facebook Client. I cannot promise it will be better though and it will be very challenging and a lot of work to do. I am still here committed to bring apps to BlackBerry 10. This thread could be great for people who don't want to switch and would want to have the apps they want.

Posted via CB10
    11-21-15 05:18 PM
    I am working on a Facebook Client. I cannot promise it will be better though and it will be very challenging and a lot of work to do. I am still here committed to bring apps to BlackBerry 10. This thread could be great for people who don't want to switch and would want to have the apps they want.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for your continued support Nemory. I have just decided to buy Ober to support your work.

I look forward to the Facebook client you develop, good luck!

Nemory Studios likes this.
    11-21-15 07:26 PM
    Thanks for your continued support Nemory. I have just decided to buy Ober to support your work.

I look forward to the Facebook client you develop, good luck!

Thanks for the support too man! I hope you will enjoy my apps!
    JG_Agustin and Jay Wright2 like this.
    11-21-15 08:10 PM
    To the OP, BlackBerry's answer to the app gap is their brand new Android phones. The certainly didn't spend the past two years adopting a new OS so that they could turn around and allocate resources to improve the BB10 app catalog. especially, since now the BB10 user base will be shrinking. BlackBerry executives already know full well what app users want as they must hear it every day from their iOS and Android using family and friends.
    southlander likes this.
    11-21-15 09:13 PM
    Lets get some new apps!!!

Posted via CB10
    11-21-15 10:06 PM
    Thanks for the support too man! I hope you will enjoy my apps!
    Working great so far, I've only used it a couple of times though, but I will write a review soon in BlackBerry World. Again, thanks for your continued support to BB10, cheers!

11-24-15 11:12 AM
    To the OP, BlackBerry's answer to the app gap is their brand new Android phones. The certainly didn't spend the past two years adopting a new OS so that they could turn around and allocate resources to improve the BB10 app catalog. especially, since now the BB10 user base will be shrinking. BlackBerry executives already know full well what app users want as they must hear it every day from their iOS and Android using family and friends.
    I'm not talking about the "app gap". I'm talking about apps which already exist in the platform and would be the minimal essential to most of us that want to keep BB10. If I needed millions of apps, I would switch to the Priv.

I'll probably get a Priv for my gf though, as she needs all the "must have" social apps. But in my case, all I'm saying is BlackBerry should at least have optimal working versions of apps that are already in BB10.

I brought up Uber as an example because it's a useful app for business and due to a recent article on the BlackBerry blog. I've used the mobile page, but after it was not working well this weekend, I turned to Nemory's Ober. Yes, it's a hybrid of the Web version, but now I can keep my account logged in, as opposed to the mobile page (before closing the browser I always clear history and cookies). It cost me what I spend in coffee every morning, but I supported a developer who's still working on the platform.

Perhaps this could be something for BlackBerry to reflect on. Have some independent developers work on updating apps which need some fixing, as I said, Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn. If you need more apps and want to stay with BlackBerry, I agree that the Priv is the way to go.

FF22 likes this.
    11-24-15 11:24 AM
    I'm not talking about the "app gap". I'm talking about apps which already exist in the platform and would be the minimal essential to most of us that want to keep BB10. If I needed millions of apps, I would switch to the Priv.
    I'm sure your list of must-have apps contains less than a dozen apps, however, if you want to include everyone else's must-have apps then you probably need thousands if not millions of apps. I'll bet doctors, Realtors or architects have some pretty esoteric must-have apps among the apps they use every day. The millions of apps aren't for users who use millions of apps - they are for users like you and me who use less than a dozen apps per day.

People around here love to say that they don't need millions of apps but apparently believe in a magical app store that happens to have all of the apps they want and no more.
    11-27-15 04:39 PM
    There are the first string apps for my SE Passport, and there are the second & third string apps. For me, there are only two or three that I would love in the first string that are not available from any source. Is it it a deal-breaker? Not at all.
    You could not pry this Passport from my hands.

Posted via CB10
    JG_Agustin likes this.
    11-28-15 02:15 PM
    I'm sure your list of must-have apps contains less than a dozen apps, however, if you want to include everyone else's must-have apps then you probably need thousands if not millions of apps. I'll bet doctors, Realtors or architects have some pretty esoteric must-have apps among the apps they use every day. The millions of apps aren't for users who use millions of apps - they are for users like you and me who use less than a dozen apps per day.

People around here love to say that they don't need millions of apps but apparently believe in a magical app store that happens to have all of the apps they want and no more.
    You quoted me, yet you didn't actually read my post, I said: "most of us that want to keep BB10". I never said "everyone".

And since you're the one who generalised in the first place, I will do the same: "People around here love to post answers without thoroughly reading what they're responding to..."

11-29-15 09:39 PM
    There are the first string apps for my SE Passport, and there are the second & third string apps. For me, there are only two or three that I would love in the first string that are not available from any source. Is it it a deal-breaker? Not at all.
    You could not pry this Passport from my hands.

Posted via CB10
    Agreed mate, it's not enough for many of us who want to keep our BB10s to switch devices. But it would be nice to have some mainstream stuff fixed or available, perhaps through the Amazon App Store (i.e. Uber, Periscope, Instagram, etc.). Again, it's not a deal-breaker for some, it certainly isn't for me.

Those who want more apps, can switch platforms, I totally respect their needs. Personally, I don't mind people who use other platforms, it's their choice. Unfortunately, there seems to be bunch around these forums who get offended by those of us who want to keep our BB10 devices instead of switching, go figure.

11-29-15 09:46 PM
    Back in the days when mobile software cost $50, one could expect that a relatively small number of users could support the efforts of a developer. However, we have reached a point where people aren't willing to pay practically anything for apps so the user base needs to be very large to justify the development costs for free apps. And, no, saying that you would be perfectly willing to spend $9.99 for an app that meets your specifications isn't going to help.
    11-29-15 10:20 PM
    Hey NemOry,

Thanks a ton for your work. It's very much appreciated, from a blackberry die-hard lifer lol

No Priv for me yet. Still madly in love with my Passport so please keep releasing those sexy apps you keep pumping out.

I just grabbed Ober. Fantastic!!!

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by SpideysHero; 11-30-15 at 10:08 PM.
    JG_Agustin likes this.
    11-30-15 07:49 AM
    We really need a native Flickr client for bb10, think about it, thanks a lot!

Posted via CB10
    11-30-15 08:50 AM
    Hey NemOry,

Thanks a ton for your work. It's very much appreciated, from a blackberry die-hard lifer lol

No Priv for me yet. Still madly in love with my Passport so please keep releasing those sexy apps you keep pumping out.

I just grabbed Ober. Fantastic!!!

Posted via CB10
    Thanks a lot man! Also great you still rocking that Passport like I Do too

Posted via CB10
    12-01-15 01:06 AM
    We really need a native Flickr client for bb10, think about it, thanks a lot!

Posted via CB10
    Flickr is on my list. But can't promise when buddy. Still working on a Facebook app

Posted via CB10
    12-01-15 01:07 AM