I had a brainstorm this week, dunno if this has been covered yet:

Someone a while back told me about a paid app (Grooveshark) that essentially just pointed you to a free website, html5.grooveshark.com. So I went there with my browser and was about to bookmark it when I noticed another option: Add to Home Screen. I chose that instead, and now the site is listed as an icon amongst my other apps. Very convenient!

My humble Idea for banking 'apps' (sorry if this has been mentioned before) ...-img_00000574.png
    My humble Idea for banking 'apps' (sorry if this has been mentioned before) ...-img_00000575.png
    My humble Idea for banking 'apps' (sorry if this has been mentioned before) ...-img_00000573.png

So now i've done it with a couple more sites that I regularly use but don't have or can't run apps for - mainly banking and insurance sites. The point: if the BB browser gives you full access to these websites anyway, then why even fret about not having 'official' apps that do the same thing?

Again, apologies if this has been covered before - I'm just glad I found it out and am exited to share...

Posted via Z10 on CB10...
    11-09-13 07:24 PM
    Yeah its been covered and many people do this. Never hurts to be reminded for the newcomers though
    11-09-13 08:55 PM
    I can tell you my bank's site (nefcu) is nowhere near as easy to navigate as their app. Just the security check alone is easier in the app than the browser. Luckily their app is easily sideloaded.

If it's a mobile site, it's almost as useful as an app, but not all sites have mobile options.
    11-10-13 01:41 PM