My buddy contacted RexWireless with question for Todomatrix availability on BB10.
    I see some developers are still doing the wait and see eh. And here's their "RIM has dug itself a very deep hole" reply:

Hi,

BB10 support is not available yet.

As far as BB10 support, we are currently investing our hours in the upcoming REXdesktop 2 release and Android versions of ToDoMatrix and IdeaMatrix. We do hope to turn our attention to BB10 when we can, but management also wants to wait-and-see if BB10 actually will succeed in regaining some marketshare from Android and Apple/iOS first.

RIM has dug itself a very deep hole and it is difficult to know if a turnaround will actually happen. BB10, unfortunately, represents a massive rewrite effort because it does not offer support for BB7 java apps. That said, our initial impressions of BB10 (and the market chatter) is that it does indeed have a chance of success. So, we may be working on it as early as late spring, but only time will tell. BlackBerry's earnings conference call next quarter will be of great interest.

Thanks,

John J

REXwireless Customer Support

REXwireless Support Center Normal Hours:
    Monday - Friday, 8:30 am - 4:30 pm, United States / Eastern Time
    Holidays: REXwireless Customer Support Center

03-29-13 08:04 PM
    If the OS supported java ME applications the app would have been terrible anyways...
    Also why would they even think to use the java ME app if the android player is an option that already exists without having to rewrite the entire app....
    03-29-13 08:51 PM

Also why would they even think to use the java ME app if the android player is an option that already exists without having to rewrite the entire app....
    Was thinking the same thing, why not just port android version over and if the demands are high, create a native app.

They might not have the android version ready.

Posted via CB10 on my zed10
    Tuborgmann likes this.
    03-29-13 09:01 PM
    I have gotten similar response from RexWireless - and the way they communicate has made me loose all respect for them. They have though - eased up a little bit.. the emails they responded with 6 months ago was the worst bashing emails I have ever seen.

My suggestion to all - is to look elsewhere for good apps - and for developers who care about their customers. Incredibly arrogant and childish of them to respond the way they does.. Perhaps the old man himself no longer develop - and his his 12 year old son (iPhone high priest) took over...

Even IF RexWireless would consider making app for BB10 - it would take a lot for them to make me consider them at all...
    03-29-13 11:31 PM
    I have gotten similar response from RexWireless - and the way they communicate has made me loose all respect for them. They have though - eased up a little bit.. the emails they responded with 6 months ago was the worst bashing emails I have ever seen.

My suggestion to all - is to look elsewhere for good apps - and for developers who care about their customers. Incredibly arrogant and childish of them to respond the way they does.. Perhaps the old man himself no longer develop - and his his 12 year old son (iPhone high priest) took over...

Even IF RexWireless would consider making app for BB10 - it would take a lot for them to make me consider them at all...
    Agree with you there
    it's unacceptable for someone representing a company to bash other corporation publicly, like you said it's arrogant and childish
    This John J person is lacking diplomacy skills, maybe he was sleeping in the class during communications 101.
    03-30-13 11:43 AM
    Wait... where did they "bash" any product? Did I miss something? Sounded like a reasoned response.
    03-30-13 11:48 AM
    Sigh. I really like this application.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-13 01:40 PM
    Sigh. I really like this application.
    I am confident that there are developers with better view on the future than RexW, - and that you will see ToDo apps utilizing BB10 potentional much better than the existing Rex app..

I am also confident that we soon will see similar to AlertMatrix - as soon as BlackBerry launches updated APIs which we need to make it happen... AlertMatrix was one of the better productive apps for older BB's.

Let's Keep moving forward
    03-30-13 01:53 PM
    I received exactly the same reply from REXwireless when I asked them for an update. So I've bitten the bullet and spent the weekend transferring all my tasks to ToodleDo using Ultimate To-Do List.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-13 01:29 PM
    I personally like their response as it was honest and they told you their perspective. Unlike other developers who give you some canned response.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-13 01:33 PM
    I personally like their response as it was honest and they told you their perspective. Unlike other developers who give you some canned response.
    The only thing their responses has done, is to make it very easy to choose other apps. I don't think Rex want to do any more development - I think they are tired.. Nothing wrong with that - but it would be more honest to tell everybody that they don't want to develop more - than to bash on other peoples choices and try to bash other companies. In the world of business - that is about the worst you can do. Trying to paint other companies as dark and black as you can, -does not make you white - only make yourself even blacker... But perhaps they are paid by someone to go around and say stupidness as they do..
    03-31-13 01:59 PM
    Sounds like the response I got from GoFormz. Same old story. Need to see more sales before they consider. They know damn well without apps like theirs the platform will grow slowly or not at all. Also why wait for someone else to steal potential customers? Have an android version? Port it. Find your customers. Or it might be too late to get a slice of the market when it does start to do well.
    03-31-13 02:20 PM
    In my opinion, the reply taken by itself was not bad. However, taken in context of their responses on their own forums, it has a different tone. I have been a customer of theirs for several years, and the product was great, really great, especially ToDoMatrix and RexConnect. But the lack of an adequate web interface, coupled with the lack of responses over three years on their forums, and the memory of having paid $59.99 US, and their rejection of BB10, makes it impossible to use, as well as uncomfortable personally, given the apparent attitude. So I would love to be able to use the product again, but it seems less likely each day.
    05-27-13 11:20 AM
    In my opinion, the reply taken by itself was not bad. However, taken in context of their responses on their own forums, it has a different tone. I have been a customer of theirs for several years, and the product was great, really great, especially ToDoMatrix and RexConnect. But the lack of an adequate web interface, coupled with the lack of responses over three years on their forums, and the memory of having paid $59.99 US, and their rejection of BB10, makes it impossible to use, as well as uncomfortable personally, given the apparent attitude. So I would love to be able to use the product again, but it seems less likely each day.
    Agreed. Their forums appear dead and the email responses are canned. They've been promising upgrades to the desktop platform for years, and still nothing. I'm done waiting.
    06-04-13 11:47 AM