EVER SINCE APRIL OF THIS YEAR, I had asked several other websites as well as my beloved CrackBerry various questions and replies concerning that nature and relationship of BlackBerry 10 and BlackBerry Protect. All the review of the the new Zs, Qs, etc are wonderful, BUT I'VE SEEN LITTLE INFORMATION ON THE NATURE AND RELATIONSHIP OF any of the BB 10 OS's ability to strengthen the relationship between the BB 10 smartphones and BlackBerry Protect, so HERE'S WHAT I AM ASKING:

1) As in the previous beauty of BB OS 7 and 7.1 and perhaps a few earlier, I have a small business and relied very much on the BlackBerry Protect website, so much that I frequently called customer service to inquire of the inner workings of BlackBerry Protect as it relates to the phones themselves.

2) I've seen no where in the reviews unless someone can expound on this protocol, that no matter the version of the BB 10 OS, that the version of "10.2" when officially released, WILL ALLOW THE END-USER to BACKUP their device on BlackBerry Protect, THEN WIPE THEIR PHONES CLEAN, then return to BlackBerry Protect and retrieve their respective and CURRENT BACKUP OTA on-the-fly.

THUS: Access BlackBerry Protect via your handheld>>Backup Device>>Wipe Device>>Return to BlackBerry Protect on handheld>>Login with BlackBerry ID>>Retrieve latest Backup on the Device. Rejoice and feel secure knowing latest backup is on the Protect website/cloud.

IS THIS COMING ANY TIME SOON FROM "LACK"BERRY, AND IF SO, WHEN?

The hype and more about bolstering BlackBerry Security should have this in place where small businesses that rely heavy on cloud services and data protection on their devices, NEED this service from BlackBerry Protect.

ANYONE with intelligent knowledge on their intensive phone reviews I ask if this is possible and that if it is coming, but to equally include BlackBerry Protect's role and relationship gap between the handset and the app. I live and breath BlackBerry and it is so much a part of my every minute life, that it is a good thing to know that BlackBerry Protect will strengthen this gap...

Any help is appreciated, and thank you so much!
    11-19-13 03:22 AM
    Better stay tuned with Where's My Phone http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...nshots-872903/ . That's nearly approaching approval on BlackBerry World. It includes remote wiping. And I promise that in the next version should include backup and restoration of files. But yeah BlackBerry protect is also great.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-13 04:13 AM
    THUS: Access BlackBerry Protect via your handheld>>Backup Device>>Wipe Device>>Return to BlackBerry Protect on handheld>>Login with BlackBerry ID>>Retrieve latest Backup on the Device. Rejoice and feel secure knowing latest backup is on the Protect website/cloud.

IS THIS COMING ANY TIME SOON FROM "LACK"BERRY, AND IF SO, WHEN?

Any help is appreciated, and thank you so much!
    Checkout Fire Chest Backup - it's free in BB World. See FireChestDotCom for where it's heading.

Note that it allows you to encrypt to YOUR OWN cloud e.g. Dropbox. You are in control of your private backup, not BlackBerry Ltd.
    11-19-13 09:55 AM
    Both of those two apps look very promising, though I too hope that Protect functionality is restored to BB10 sooner rather than later, and that they find a way to store app data via cloud storage as well (particularly with game saves; why this isn't already a feature of the "Games" app is beyond me.)

Posted via CB10
    11-19-13 10:17 AM
    I purely speculate: I think BB is moving further away from that server type stuff for mere users. They don't need the headache of having a cloud BB PROTECT for non-BES type users. It was a great feature but I fear it is GONE for good (actually, BAD)
    11-19-13 11:30 AM
    Wouldn't the backups be tremendously huge? In BBOS they only were a couple of MBs.

C0001BBF0 - BlackBerry 10 help channel.
    11-19-13 11:33 AM
    I agree, there should be phone backup with Protect, at least contacts and Remember... anyway, for contacts I use Fire Chest Backup, works like a charm and I wrote to the developer the other day and they are working in making headless so it will be able to have scheduled backups. Anyway I would like to have it in BB Protect like I did with my 9810 and other legacy BB's.

For pictures and video Box is automatically synced (big videos won't) and also works perfect, you can decide if you sync only on wifi or use data plan also.

The only thing missing is the games, there should be a cloud service for all games (I know some have in app cloud storage) but I would like to have my games saved in the cloud so I would freely uninstall it if I need the space and when I want install it again an begin from where I left before.

So, you have options to have it all synced (or at least almost all) without your intervention, I mean in an automated way even if it is not a service provided by Blackberry directly.
    00stryder and FireChestApps like this.
    11-19-13 11:41 AM
    Wouldn't the backups be tremendously huge? In BBOS they only were a couple of MBs.

C0001BBF0 - BlackBerry 10 help channel.
    It would differ wildly by user. For instance, I'd just need PW Keeper, browser bookmarks, text messages. Not a huge file size.
    Others might want to backup everything possible.

I'm somewhat optimistic -- especially after seeing the "delete on handheld" reappear in 10.2.1.1055. I had thought that gone forever. If it could be restored, we may see BB Protect again as well.
    11-19-13 11:56 AM
    I forgot, I also have my contacts synced with my hotmail account, in less than a second when I add a new contact it appears in my Outlook in my PC, Gmail contacts works fine also but is not as fast. I have synced my contacts with both services, I guess between this and the backup with Fire Chest I won't lose my contacts ever, at least hope so.

Calendar I only use the hotmail calendar so I have it everywhere in less than a second.
    11-19-13 12:08 PM
    Awesome, same here...
    11-19-13 10:34 PM