What are some of your must have apps and what do you use them for?

Reason I am asking is because I don't really know whats out there... To be honest, I'm not even sure if there's anything actually useful for me. I'm an old school blackberry user and I guess compared to the iPhone and Android users, I never really got into the apps because that was not available when I first got my blackberry...

I know I'm going to be asked "Well it depends what you do with your phone" but all I want is just a generalized idea of whats out there, because I do a bit of everything.

Anyways I guess what I am asking is to keep me in the "loop" with all these new apps that are coming to BlackBerry 10.

Thanks
    03-11-13 05:57 PM
    Instagram, RBC and hope Facebook gets a update, sadly I wish netflix would make a app :/

Posted via CB10
    03-11-13 06:05 PM
    Instagram, RBC and hope Facebook gets a update, sadly I wish netflix would make a app :/

Posted via CB10
    Just sideload Netflix.
    03-11-13 08:15 PM
    ok here are some apps i downloaded so far
    Tools:
    CB10 (of course
    Magelan Compas
    Battery Guru
    Papillon Converter
    AccuWeather

Games:
    Angry Birds Star Wars
    Sprinkle

Other:
    Spark Me
    Snap!
    Die Welt (german newspaper)
    03-13-13 03:13 AM
    I am a former BB user and I decided to come back to the Blackberry world because of the Z10, I know there are folks out there who may not agree with what I am about to say, but this is 2013 and not 1999, so hear goes:

I feel the the Blackberry apps market (BB Word) has to at least be in line with what the other three main competitors are providing for they're users. I am not talking about having a bunch of redundant apps that no one uses, but at least have the apps that would draw the Apple, Android and MS user over to your platform. I came over from the Apple and Android platforms and here are a couple of apps that I was shocked, not to see in the OS10 BB World and I think are going to have to be there in order to woo customers back to Blackberry:

eBay and Craigslist: My god, there is not a person I know who does not have these apps on they're phone. Everybody is doing online auctions and this has become embedded into our culture. Forget about going to the website using the browser. The apps have are scaled to the screen and built in functions for folks like me who buy and sell on these sites use all the time.

Golf Channel and PGA Tour: These apps are on every other platform and golf is huge everywhere and I know they plan on getting PGA Tour to the BB World sometime in 2013 but the time is NOW.

BBC and CNN News: Searched the OS 10 BB World I haven't seen any of these listed

Skype: Very popular app that is widely used and every other platform

I know there are allot of old school BB users out there who don't care about apps, but this is 2013 and smart phones have become embedded into our culture. Forget how we did things back in the early days, that was then and this is now.

Forget about sideloading apps from Android, 99% of the users out there do not have the skills or the time to fool around doing this method.

If you are going to woo customers back to your product, you better be able able to answer one question every customer is going to ask before they buy your product. Do they have these apps on BB World I had on my Apple, Android or MS Windows device and your answer better be YES THEY DO,just my opinion
    Last edited by Ronald Bak; 03-13-13 at 06:54 AM.
    03-13-13 06:39 AM
    You have forgotten PlayCloud 10 !

Nicolas
    03-13-13 07:55 AM
    I am a former BB user and I decided to come back to the Blackberry world because of the Z10, I know there are folks out there who may not agree with what I am about to say, but this is 2013 and not 1999, so hear goes:

I feel the the Blackberry apps market (BB Word) has to at least be in line with what the other three main competitors are providing for they're users. I am not talking about having a bunch of redundant apps that no one uses, but at least have the apps that would draw the Apple, Android and MS user over to your platform. I came over from the Apple and Android platforms and here are a couple of apps that I was shocked, not to see in the OS10 BB World and I think are going to have to be there in order to woo customers back to Blackberry:

eBay and Craigslist: My god, there is not a person I know who does not have these apps on they're phone. Everybody is doing online auctions and this has become embedded into our culture. Forget about going to the website using the browser. The apps have are scaled to the screen and built in functions for folks like me who buy and sell on these sites use all the time.

Golf Channel and PGA Tour: These apps are on every other platform and golf is huge everywhere and I know they plan on getting PGA Tour to the BB World sometime in 2013 but the time is NOW.

BBC and CNN News: Searched the OS 10 BB World I haven't seen any of these listed

I know there are allot of old school BB users out there who don't care about apps, but this is 2013 and smart phones have become embedded into our culture. Forget how we did things back in the early days, that was then and this is now.

Forget about sideloading apps from Android, 99% of the users out there do not have the skills or the time to fool around doing this method.

If you are going to woo customers back to your product, you better be able able to answer one question every customer is going to ask before they buy your product. Do they have these apps on BB World I had on my Apple, Android or MS Windows device and your answer better be YES THEY DO,just my opinion
    In principle I agree 100%. This is spot on especially for the average American user.

To blackberry's defense I have to say that they do not control developers especially the big arrogant ones... I won't name names but you know who I'm talking about.

However what really bugs me is to see missing apps like blackberry travel or some music recognition software embedded in their music store. This is smartphone 101 In 2013... it's totally unacceptable not having their own great app (blackberry travel) not available yet.

I remain patient and faithful but I'm not holding my breath. Actually the only thing I'm holding is an i5 on my other hand just to cover the needs that this amazing piece of HARDWARE ( the z10) cannot cover due to the developers incompetence, ignorance or arrogance...

Posted via CB10
    03-13-13 09:00 AM
    Will the U.S. release date open the doors to some of the key apps everyone is looking for? If we are still waiting for some of these key names to drop in 30 - 45 days, does that damage BBRY?
    03-13-13 09:21 AM
    Will the U.S. release date open the doors to some of the key apps everyone is looking for? If we are still waiting for some of these key names to drop in 30 - 45 days, does that damage BBRY?
    I honestly think if there are no key apps available for BB OS10 on or before the launch date here in the US, this device is doomed here. That would be sad, but the phone culture is very different here in the USA.

I am only basing this of observations from folks who have looked at, touched and played with my Z10 the past couple of weeks. Even some of my friends and clients who where once dedicated BB users have adapted to the new way that Apple and Android have been so successful in marketing here.

Remember that the BB is still being used as a primary business phone here, but even that's changing because the government recently ditched the Blackberry in favor of the Iphone, because they felt the security was adequate for there emails and data and most everyone is familiar with the product. It's doesn't matter how good or great a product worked 5 years ago, it's 2013 and things are different. People are less likely to change from they're current product to try something new unless there is a "wow' factor.

I am still keeping my BB Z10 and I love it coming from my iPhone 5. I just hope that the folks at Blackberry are reading some of these post and using them that make inteligent decisions to make the Z10 a successful product here.
    datgurl and pinirub1 like this.
    03-13-13 10:16 AM
    I'm just hoping to see an "audible.com" app. I'm already getting Kindle. And a good voice nav. Most everything else I just use the browser for.
    03-14-13 12:05 PM

ebay is already in the works as per the leaks in Dec'2012, I don't know why Craigslist is that important of an app? PGA is already announced so it is coming sooner than latter and I don't know what you are cribbing about?
    03-14-13 01:29 PM
    Google maps
    Runkeeper
    datgurl likes this.
    03-14-13 01:38 PM
    How much money do you all spend for applications? How many Mails do you write to developers and ask them to support BB10?

Finaly via CB10
    03-14-13 04:09 PM
    -Insatagram
    -Path
    -Shazam

Posted via CB10
    03-14-13 04:22 PM
    Must haves:
    Skyscanner
    The score
    Beach buggy blitz
    Sayit

Sadly missing:
    Groupon
    Vlingo

Utterly pathetic efforts:
    Im+

Posted via CB10
    03-14-13 04:28 PM
    I have sent emails to five separate companies regarding their plans for bb10 apps. Funnily enough, all but one replied.

As for the amount of money spent, i have only spent about 30 thus far, and half of that was testing apps out of pure boredom.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-13 04:31 PM
    I want an app like Friend Finder on the Iphone. Anyone know if something like that is available?
    03-14-13 11:53 PM
    Honestly I'm not much of an app guy. I've been a BlackBerry user for 5 yrs maybe that's why. I've had my z10 for about a month and I've downloaded many apps but have deleted most of them. The main ones I use are BBM facebook twitter (they come installed) and I admit I've enjoyed instagram since I've side loaded it
    The one app I would like to see come to bb10 is the SiriusXM app however I don't need it.
    I also use battery guru and greader but I don't really count these since they were on older BlackBerry's.

I'm not saying we don't need apps. I fully understand we do just for the reasons. Everyone wants them and a wide selection of popular apps will only help BlackBerry thrive.
    I'm just saying with what I've just mentioned I'm getting full use out of my phone I'm on it constantly I'm sure many long time BlackBerry users feel the same way.

Posted via CB10
    datgurl likes this.
    03-15-13 06:02 AM
    @SnoozerBold ... yes. Am with you. Have owned several BBs myself.
    03-15-13 07:01 AM
    I just bought the CraigsFeed app off the BB OS10 World and spent 4.99 for it and I am very disappointed. I came over from the Android and Apple IOS and I use they're Craigslist apps all time time and thought this would be the replacement app I could use on my new Z10. The app cost me 4.99 US and I noticed there was not a rating for it, but I took a chance and went for it, I am totally disappointed with my purchase.

I normally would not say a thing if I was spending .99 for it, but at 4.99, I expected a much better app in 2013, it look like something that was developed 5 years ago and never brought up to date. I emailed the developer about the issues I would like to see an improved on and so far no one has replied. Not a good sign.
    03-15-13 07:13 AM
    I just bought the CraigsFeed app off the BB OS10 World and spent 4.99 for it and I am very disappointed. I came over from the Android and Apple IOS and I use they're Craigslist apps all time time and thought this would be the replacement app I could use on my new Z10. The app cost me 4.99 US and I noticed there was not a rating for it, but I took a chance and went for it, I am totally disappointed with my purchase.

I normally would not say a thing if I was spending .99 for it, but at 4.99, I expected a much better app in 2013, it look like something that was developed 5 years ago and never brought up to date. I emailed the developer about the issues I would like to see an improved on and so far no one has replied. Not a good sign.
    Contact bb world for a refund.
    03-15-13 07:24 AM
    -Insatagram
    -Path
    -Shazam

Posted via CB10
    Shazam works for you or you're saying its a must have because they should make it for BB10?
    03-15-13 11:03 AM
    There are a couple of niche apps I would like to see such as Chicago Blackhawks, but having ScoreMobile is not that big of a deal. Now with that being said, there is one app that I normally rely on heavily and very surprised it was not included during the initial launch - Yellow Pages.

I know I could sideload the app, but honestly I would prefer to have them native.
    03-15-13 12:01 PM
    Guess I am a dinosaur because I don't use eBay or Craigslist. I have the eBay and Instagram apps on my iPad and I don't think I've ever used them.

As far as must have apps - I am looking for Pandora, Blackberry Travel (coming soon - yay!), and Bank of America. I'll sideload what I need when I get my Z10 in a few weeks but it would be nice to have native versions.
    03-16-13 11:52 AM
    I would love to have
    Runkeeper
    Myfitnesspal
    03-16-13 06:01 PM
26 12