Does the native music player have an equaliser?
    What formats does it support? (all my music is encoded as FLAC)
    02-11-13 08:47 PM
    Can't answer about the equalizer, but .flac works.
    Pete The Penguin likes this.
    02-11-13 09:03 PM
    I've just noticed, some of my albums are listed in the wrong (reverse) order in the music player but the right (track) order in the file manager.
    Suggestions?
    02-11-13 10:58 PM
    Just tried playing a .flac music file and got a 'unsupported filetype' message...
    Suggestions?
    02-11-13 11:07 PM
    Are your .flac files 24-bit? Because it would appear that the Z10 may only be able to play 16-bit files at the moment. See here.
    02-12-13 09:26 AM
    I can play *.flac, not sure what type but I'll check...

One of the small issues I had with the media player was album artwork. When I transferred my music over some of the songs didn't display album art, even though album art was absolutely included in the ID3 info. It wasn't all the tracks, just a few select ones, and I went through and checked the images, some were jpegs and some were pngs. Which had no problem displaying on other tracks. Ended up going through the tracks that weren't displaying properly and added different album pics, this did the trick.
    02-12-13 09:37 AM
    with regards to album work and ID3 tags, i'd suggest installing a little program called mp3tag. it's great for handling and editting what information the device reads and displays when the song is played. i've been using it since i've had a sony ericsson walkman phone and it's been great.
    Spawn12 and dj_matty_s like this.
    02-12-13 10:11 AM
    Are your .flac files 24-bit? Because it would appear that the Z10 may only be able to play 16-bit files at the moment. See here.
    I'm not sure, I need to check my encoders logs.
    02-12-13 10:42 AM
    They're 24-bit. Looks like I need to re-encode at 16/44.1 - I could be quite some time...
    02-12-13 12:59 PM
    with regards to album work and ID3 tags, i'd suggest installing a little program called mp3tag. it's great for handling and editting what information the device reads and displays when the song is played. i've been using it since i've had a sony ericsson walkman phone and it's been great.
    +1 - mp3tag is a phenomenal program for editing tags.
    Last edited by primusd; 02-12-13 at 01:30 PM. Reason: forgot quote
    02-12-13 01:29 PM
    +1 - mp3tag is a phenomenal program for editing tags.
    I'm adding ID3 tag editor in PlayCloud 10.

So if you are interested in, you can already test and download PlayCloud 10.

All updates are free, so you will be notified as a new release with id3tag editor will be available

Nicolas
    Wolfgan and Pete The Penguin like this.
    02-12-13 02:00 PM
    Nice, thanks for sharing
    02-12-13 02:07 PM
    Nice, thanks for sharing
    Here, my post about ID3tag :

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?p=7709072

Nicolas
    02-12-13 02:20 PM
    Still having tracks listed in the wrong order in the music player (in albums). Would editing the ID3 tags help?

I've re-encoded some of my music as .flac 16-bit, 44.1KHz. And it plays.
    02-12-13 08:50 PM
    I'm bumping this thread.
    Still can't figure out why some albums have their tracks in reverse order.
    Suggestions please?
    02-13-13 09:25 PM
    Did you edit the ID3 tags of all the tracks in question and make sure the tracks numbers are correct?
    02-13-13 10:00 PM
    Did you edit the ID3 tags of all the tracks in question and make sure the tracks numbers are correct?
    Yes. And some albums show in the music player in reverse but in the correct order in the file manager and on other devices.
    02-14-13 09:18 AM
    Sorry this might be off topic but does anyone know if there is any decent music players available for the Z10?.

Im using poweramp on my S3 which i think is brilliant as it lets me adjust the sound to my tastes ie equaliser settings etc.

Anyone know of a similar type of player that will allow me to adjust my music??

Thanks.
    02-14-13 09:39 AM
    Sorry this might be off topic but does anyone know if there is any decent music players available for the Z10?.

Im using poweramp on my S3 which i think is brilliant as it lets me adjust the sound to my tastes ie equaliser settings etc.

Anyone know of a similar type of player that will allow me to adjust my music??

Thanks.
    I use Player Pro on my Galaxy Nexus; AFAIK, there aren't any music players in BlackBerry 10 with equaliser settings.
    02-14-13 09:59 AM
    The BB10 compatible version is not available yet (awaiting BBW approval), but Neutron Music Player is what you folks are looking for.... its available on the Playbook and is a high-end audio player, with equalizer and much more... and it supports on-the-fly downsampling of 24/96 flac files (no need to re-encode).

I've checked in with the developer, Dmitry, and he says that its not yet clear if the Z10 hardware can support 24/96 output, but that irrespective the OS currently limits output to 16/48. Same goes for the playbook OS, limited by the software... but worse here because we know the hardware can support 24/96 (it has Wolfson WM8994E codec on board). Hopefully as BB10 matures, we will finally have a 21st century smartphone that also serves the audiophile community well.

Soon soon I hope (he submitted the update 31 Jan and still waiting)...
    twstd.reality and Spawn12 like this.
    02-14-13 12:52 PM
    The BB10 compatible version is not available yet (awaiting BBW approval), but Neutron Music Player is what you folks are looking for.... its available on the Playbook and is a high-end audio player, with equalizer and much more... and it supports on-the-fly downsampling of 24/96 flac files (no need to re-encode).

I've checked in with the developer, Dmitry, and he says that its not yet clear if the Z10 hardware can support 24/96 output, but that irrespective the OS currently limits output to 16/48. Same goes for the playbook OS, limited by the software... but worse here because we know the hardware can support 24/96 (it has Wolfson WM8994E codec on board). Hopefully as BB10 matures, we will finally have a 21st century smartphone that also serves the audiophile community well.

Soon soon I hope (he submitted the update 31 Jan and still waiting)...
    AFAIK, BB10 can support .flac 24/96 but it's not enabled yet. I was hoping BlackBerry would support 16-bit ALAC files but they don't. It's a little frustrating that my Galaxy Nexus can easily play 24-bit .flac files natively and the Z10 can't.
    02-14-13 04:17 PM
    Is mp3tag available for BlackBerry 10?
    02-14-13 04:59 PM
    Neutron is what I have on my Nexus 7 tablet. It's awesome.
    02-14-13 05:01 PM
    I was hoping BlackBerry would support 16-bit ALAC files but they don't.
    Isn't .alac proprietary? AFAIK (and I haven't researched this a whole lot) no non-iOS mobile platform can play these files.

Is mp3tag available for BlackBerry 10?
    It's a Windows-only program.
    02-14-13 05:06 PM
    Isn't .alac proprietary? AFAIK (and I haven't researched this a whole lot) no non-iOS mobile platform can play these files.

It's a Windows-only program.
    With the right software, you can play ALAC on Linux.
    02-14-13 05:58 PM
29 12