I'm looking for a native BB10 MP3 player app for the Z10 that does two things:

1. Adjust the playback speed to make it faster
    2. Remembers the last playback position

There are a number of apps on the Android, however, the Android apps are not able to see the SD card on the Blackberry which is where all of my mp3 files are stored.

Thanks in advance for your recommendations.

Jeffrey
    07-15-13 05:01 AM
    I'm not sure if you've tried the Neutron Music Player. It's pretty advanced, but I'm not sure it has variable speed playback.

Also... android apps can see the SD card, you just need to enter a funky path:
    //accounts/1000/removable/sdcard/[folder name]
    07-15-13 08:17 AM
    Thanks for your suggestion. Unfortunately the NeutronMP does not have variable speed playback or last playback position.

Open to other recommendations.

Jeffrey
    07-15-13 09:46 AM
    There are a few free audiobook players in the appstore. Have you tried those yet?
    07-15-13 09:35 PM
    Try "Podcast Addict". It's what I use for podcast downloading and listening on my RAZR. You can add folders of MP3 files as "virtual podcasts" and listen to them through it also. It does variable speed and remembers where you left off, and it's free (ad-supported, $2.99 to get of the ads).

EDIT: oops, just saw you wanted native. You'd probably have to sideload this, but I'll leave it here since it does have the features you wanted.
    07-15-13 09:50 PM
    I will try Podcast Addict. Thanks to Crackbery Members I learned how to find the SD Card from the Android interface.

To date the only podcast player I found that has variable speed and last playback position is Star Player. While this has worked there are a few interface issues that have me searching for the ultimate MP3 player with variable speed and last playback.

While I try out Podcast Addict, would like to hear recommendations from any others who have a favorite MP3 app with variable speed and last playback.

Jeffrey
    08-05-13 06:21 AM