I hate it when IOS can do something BB can't. I've had my Z10 for a while now and never had any data usage problems until now. On my wifes iPhone, there is a setting that shows what applications are using data and you can toggle them to use only wifi or cellular data.

Is there an application for the Z10 that can show me what applications are using data? All I've seen so far is overall data use. I'm guessing it was an app I installed, but it could be email as well. Is there an app like this that exists and why hasn't BB build one in.

-Frustrated
    technogenii likes this.
    11-14-13 09:50 PM
    There's some apps that can monitor overall usage, but I believe. E cause of BlackBerry security, apps can't monitor the usage of other apps individually.
    11-14-13 10:28 PM
    There will be one built into the Device Manager in the 10.2.1 update coming next year.
    11-14-13 10:34 PM
    Sweet, this 10.2.1 update is shaping up to be a sweet piece of work.
    11-15-13 09:47 AM
    There will be one built into the Device Manager in the 10.2.1 update coming next year.
    I'm curious, has this been confirmed by BlackBerry? I'd really appreciate if you could share your source so that I might read up on it.

I have the same issues as the OP. I don't have any of my Apps on auto synch, I'm on WiFi at home and at work, and this is the second month in a row that my go over my 500 MB package. Is there any technique that I can use to see what is eating up my data?

I have to travel internationally regularly, and while I use roaming data packages, I fear my data plan will be eaten up in minutes. I guess I'll have to delete all my apps before I go on a trip, and then reinstall them when I come back? That's not really a good solution...
    11-15-13 08:39 PM
    In the latest leak OS 10.2.1.1055, you can see how much data each app is consuming, both wifi and mobile network data. Just navigate to Settings > App Manager > Device Monitor. See Screenshots
    Monitoring Data Usage by Application?-img_00000001.png
    Monitoring Data Usage by Application?-img_00000002.png

Posted via CB10 using my Gorgeous Z10
    11-15-13 08:54 PM
    In the latest leak OS 10.2.1.1055, you can see how much data each app is consuming, both wifi and mobile network data. Just navigate to Settings > App Manager > Device Monitor. See Screenshots
    Well this is very promising. Is there a way that I can install this version? Please feel free to refer me to a thread. I'm relatively new in these forums: I've used a BB for 6 years now but I'm only learning these advanced user techniques

Thanks!
    11-15-13 09:39 PM
    Q10SQN100-3/10.2.0.1803 has it too, but for some reason, it's always on zero.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-13 09:15 AM
    Well this is very promising. Is there a way that I can install this version? Please feel free to refer me to a thread. I'm relatively new in these forums: I've used a BB for 6 years now but I'm only learning these advanced user techniques

Thanks!
    I can now answer my own question it seems: http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...evices-873653/
    11-17-13 08:01 PM