Does anyone know or have heard whether this app is going to be a native app or an android port? This is a hugely important app for me and I really hope they give us a solid app.

I personally don't care whether it is native or a port as long as it runs smooth and does the job. My experience is that the ports are usually slower and more buggy. Some ports like Songza are really well done however and I don't think converting to a native app will substantially improve performance.
    Can't wait for this app to arrive.

Posted via CB10
    03-25-13 10:53 PM
    Totally agree with you. MLB At Bat WAS my number one used app, always. I'm so stoked for Opening Day, just because I know that's when the release date is.

As for the ancient old question, id love to see it native. I do have a strange feeling however, that it might be a port. Regardless, even if it is I'm sure it'll be one **** of a port.

Posted via CB10
    03-25-13 11:11 PM
    I suspect it will be native. Could be wrong but the impression I got when I read the PR was they were writing one for BlackBerry 10. Let's hope. I really want this one badly.

Posted via CB10
    03-26-13 07:35 AM
    It's not just the lag that's a concern with Android ports, it's the inability to swipe back easily and on the first try, no integration, active frames, etc.. MLB At Bat is a pretty intensive app and could really benefit from being native, like live scores of your favourite teams in the active frame. I'm hoping with the wait until opening day that it's native. Forgive any ignorance but it seems like an Android port wouldn't take this long to develop!

Posted via CB10
    03-26-13 07:48 AM
    It's native. I had the Android version side loaded and very early impressions of the BB10 version are it's even better.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by simonfa; 03-29-13 at 05:08 AM.
    03-29-13 04:58 AM
    It's native. I had the Android version side loaded and very early impressions of the BB10 version are it's even better.

Posted via CB10
    What they said. It's fully native. Had I not sprung for the full version on another platform I'd be all over this. Looks very good

Posted via CB10
    03-29-13 05:59 AM
    It's native and has all of the features the app has on the other platforms.
    BlackberryPig likes this.
    03-29-13 12:54 PM