I cannot find a mileage tracker for BB10. What is out there?
    Last edited by Powdah; 03-14-13 at 01:58 PM.
    03-14-13 11:50 AM
    I cannot find a mileage tracker for BB10. What is out there?
    You can try our vehicle management app, aCar, which has trip logging feature in addition to fill-up/mileage, service/maintenance and expense tracking. Using aCar you will be able to log your business trips and mileages, track the performance of your vehicles (MPG, L/100km, etc), log the maintenance of your vehicles, have reminders for the upcoming services and much more...

You can find a more complete description of the features, screen shots and download links in the announcement we've posted on this forum:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/app-ann...y-10-a-792933/

We will be glad to hear your feedback.

Best Regards,
    Armond Avanes | ZoneWalker LLC
    04-14-13 12:00 PM
    I want a gps tracker -aCar does not use gps. Ideally, the program would ask for a starting odometer reading, than at the end of trip using gps mileage, fill in the end reading.
    04-15-13 11:48 AM
    I want a gps tracker -aCar does not use gps. Ideally, the program would ask for a starting odometer reading, than at the end of trip using gps mileage, fill in the end reading.
    Thanks for your feedback.

aCar uses GPS, but for tagging the start and the end location of your trips and not for calculating the end odo reading.
    04-15-13 07:38 PM
    Try the Built for BlackBerry App for BB10 from BlackBerry World - OilChange
    05-02-13 12:07 AM
    Check out Service Book in BlackBerry World! You can find it at http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/23700877
    Added a Q10 version today, let me know of you have any questions
    05-02-13 12:08 AM
    I have tried all of the above plus all on app world.
    They are too cumbersome or difficult to use, time consuming.
    Trying to do too much.
    I want a mileage tracker for business use.
    Devs
    How about an app. A simple on.
    Must include date, selectable categories, simple monthly reports by category.
    Field for location or notes
    Please
    Carry forward the last odometer ending number into the next date as the start number
    Not looking for free. Just reasonable but simple.
    06-17-13 11:03 PM
    OP, for ALL business expenses including mileage I use Expensify, a complete expense reporting service across all platforms. Their BBOS app, at least on the 9900 was as good as an app can get - did all the little things right, like pulling up the number pad for numeric field entries, among others. Their BB10 app, though, is a good Android port, but nowhere near what it could be as a Cascade native app: it works well with a few things to get used to, but as a service they are a GREAT option, very low cost and for small (one or two man operations) can even be free. They transcribe receipts into your reports with a "SmartScan" option (certain number of those free per month then .10 or. 20 each) or you can enter manually.

For mileage, they have a couple of options, of which I use the odometer method : snap pic of ODO at start of trip/day and manually enter reading in field ; snap pic at trip end and manually enter ODO in field, then the app calculates $ based on your chosen mileage rate and syncs that record to your account. Believe GPS method uses your start location, then your stop location and uses a mapping/routing determination to calculate the likely route and records the "Expected " mileage. I DON'T use that my self because my driving uses several miles inside clients plants/refineries/facilities, etc. Other method records your mileage input, like "102 miles".

App also does trip records, and time records for client billing.

Reports are all the details you, an accountant, or the miserable IRS hacks would ever want or need - these guys build everything with IRS rules in mind.

Team, support, etc are actively engaged and are very accessible. Don't be surprised if you have an issue or write something in response to their social media or blog and get an answer from the CEO himself.

Long winded pitch! Don't work for these guys but they have turned my total record keeping and expense / reimbursement from my boss for from a nightmare to a push of a few keys.

Mileage Tracker for BB10-img_00000353.png
    Mileage Tracker for BB10-img_00000354.png
    Mileage Tracker for BB10-img_00000356.png
    Mileage Tracker for BB10-img_00000355.png
    Mileage Tracker for BB10-img_00000357.png

Posted via CB10
    06-17-13 11:47 PM
    P.S. No disrespect for the other devs here pitching their apps! I have apps from Scrid and I have, use and recommend aCar as an option (I record multiple vehicle's expenses, fill ups, general maintenance data, etc.) (btw a good example of a quality android port) I'm sure the others are good, too, for their purpose or design.

Will check Scrid's and the other one out!

Posted via CB10
    06-18-13 01:37 AM
    P.S. No disrespect for the other devs here pitching their apps! I have apps from Scrid and I have, use and recommend aCar as an option (I record multiple vehicle's expenses, fill ups, general maintenance data, etc.) (btw a good example of a quality android port) I'm sure the others are good, too, for their purpose or design. Will check Scrid's and the other one out!Posted via CB10
    Shoot me an email Doc, I haven't had any customers email me about Service Book (which I suppose means nothing too awful has happened with it lol) and would be happy to send you a copy in exchange for any feedback you have on it.
    06-18-13 02:51 AM