I'm not sure what version I tried - I don't seem to have the bar nor apk file anymore. My work laptop has also since been replaced and I don't have the Android converter and app signer stuff in place anymore (no motivation since there's an online apk -> bar converter site out there that I've since used).

Yeah - I'll try 2.0.32 if you can upload it. Thanks.
    See attached. Give it a try. It works on MS OCS, but not sure on Lync or not.
    Attached Files
    05-29-13 09:40 PM
    See attached. Give it a try. It works on MS OCS, but not sure on Lync or not.
    Well, it didn't work. I first tried with just my email, and it didn't pick up on that. On the screen where it lets you put in the server, domain/username, and password, I tried but the app says "Incomatible Server (CWA 2007 R1/2 required)(404)"

Thanks for the effort though.
    05-30-13 12:46 PM
    It was worth a shot

Posted via CB10
    05-30-13 07:51 PM
    Yeah the Enterprise IM looks great, but sucks you need to have a BES 10 in place. Any chance they will make it for users not using the BES?
    05-31-13 12:38 PM
    Please update us all if anything new comes up..
    05-31-13 04:54 PM
    Note that BlackBerry - not Microsoft - is responsible for the IM/Presence client development for BB devices, unlike the Lync clients for Apple, Android and Windows Phone. As such the expereince will be different when connecting to Lync, and additional modalities (such as Voice/Video/Content Sharing) would need to be delivered by BlackBerry.

BlackBerry Enterprise Instant Messaging version 3.0 is Now Available �Inside BlackBerry for Business Blog
    08-29-13 12:06 PM
    Being able to use Enterprise IM without BES would be LOVELY!

Just tried it and I can't even run the app without it being in a Work area, which since I don't use BES... ain't happening.
    08-29-13 12:16 PM
    thought i'd give this a bump... anyone know if a way to get lync without BES has appeared yet?... I can't see it if there is.

its ridiculous that with BB's apparent business and work efficiency orientation that this still isn't available without BES ... my company for example was one of the majority who no longer associates with BB and thus doesn't run BES. I hung on to my BB and got a Q10 against the tide, yet all my colleagues on iPhones run around connected in the office with Lync and I'm reduced to my laptop for that capacity... how on earth are any of them supposed to switch back to BB for work purposes if they can't use such a widespread and standard corporate microsoft product. This is key as in many workplaces you are considered 'not working' if you're offline on Lync, and it would be hard to give that up perk whilst mobile just to switch back to BB. It makes you wonder whether they really do want their old customers back or whether its just the plan to get BB standing up straight for a sell-off.
    12-02-14 08:44 AM
    I am using lync on my z30. I got it from snap

Posted via CB10
    12-02-14 03:51 PM
    Have you tried Mindlink from BlackBerry World? I haven't been in touch with anything around Microsoft Lync, but the description sounds very promising

Posted via CB10
    12-03-14 03:52 AM
    I am using lync on my z30. I got it from snap

Posted via CB10
    Thread closed.
    12-03-14 09:23 AM
    Our company doesn't use BES. Is it possible to join Lync meetings with one click with your phone? I have lync 2010 from snap and it won't sync with BlackBerry calendar.

Now I can join by copying the conference id/code to the clipboard and then dial conference number and paste it.

Posted via CB10
    12-30-14 01:38 PM
37 12