Can someone post screens of the bb10 memopad app. The memopad is more important to me than any skype or game. Some screenshots showing the features would be nice. And I wanna see if it is as simple as the Legacy BBOS's Memopad
    01-10-13 03:28 PM
    I don't believe it will be called memo pad, i think the new name is "Reminders". It also hasn't been leaked but is supposed to feature integration with cloud services including evernote.

If you still just want a simple note app (i use memo A LOT) there are plenty of 3rd party native apps that will do it will, i already have a few installed on the dev alpha
    01-12-13 07:41 AM
    I don't believe it will be called memo pad, i think the new name is "Reminders". It also hasn't been leaked but is supposed to feature integration with cloud services including evernote.

If you still just want a simple note app (i use memo A LOT) there are plenty of 3rd party native apps that will do it will, i already have a few installed on the dev alpha
    Reminders could be the replacement of Tasks. Memo pad should be there in some form or the other. Maybe Notes or something that can sync with Evernote.
    kuffkuff likes this.
    01-12-13 08:01 AM
    The Blackberry 10 app will be called Remember, although RIM is keeping details of it under their hat at the moment. I am the developer of a BBOS app called SpeedNotes which integrates heavily with MemoPad, Tasks, Calendar and the Inbox among other things. I intend to port this app to a native BB10 cascades app, however, without sufficient info on the BlackBerry 10 versions of the above I have had to delay development until after launch.

One thing I can tell you from looking at the API's is that it seems like Memo's and Tasks have been brought together in a hybrid format where they share the same storage database, this makes me think that something innovative is on the cards for BlackBerry 10 versions of these apps. This is just speculation naturally, based on some facts.
    kuffkuff and magutwit like this.
    01-12-13 08:26 AM
    The best part of the memopad app, was the fact that when i clicked in it, everything was just there, and didnt require loading or anything. I could open a memo, copy stuff, close it, open another quickly, cloce it and save and then open another all within the time it would take me to open a single note on evernote. Memopad is quick easy and productive.

if the BB10 Memopad can be just like that, I will but a device based on that, oh and because of a certain 7 dots on the rear of it too.
    01-12-13 11:54 AM
    Any update on this?
    02-03-13 11:10 AM
    I agree
    02-03-13 02:56 PM
    Any update on this?
    It is called "Remember" and was demoed during launch.

Update - found some YouTube videos:

Last edited by overzeer; 02-03-13 at 04:27 PM.
    02-03-13 03:52 PM
    I didn't see Memopad anywhere in those two videos.

I did see evernote though, although I find evernote too slow, I do like it.
    02-03-13 04:50 PM
    I didn't see Memopad anywhere in those two videos
    it is not called Memopad. It is called Remember and has folders...
    02-03-13 04:55 PM
    From what the video showed, remember is for storing saved texts, emails, evernotes, messages, voice notes ect.

I guess I'll have to try a Zed10 out on tuesday, and see for myself.
    02-03-13 04:58 PM
    Remember is designed for tasks and notes. It has Outlook and Evernote integration. You can link a variety of files/messages to a note though, yes. Unfortunately it lacks the ability to set a reminder like the current Tasks app has, which is something I use all the time (though it will give you a notification once the task is due, but by then it's redundant). Hopefully they'll add reminders in the future.
    02-03-13 05:09 PM
    can back up my memopad notes and restore it on remember?
    02-04-13 12:02 PM
    I wanna know this too. I have no quick way to transfer 117 over manually.
    02-04-13 08:54 PM
    I wanna know this too. I have no quick way to transfer 117 over manually.
    Yes your memos and tasks will be transfered. I had near 50 + my tasks too. Nothing is deleted

However: memos/notes & tasks won't appear exactly the same as they used to.
    Now everything will have a check box and you can attach photos, or make a voice note or attach other files.
    Tasks will loose their progress indicator icon and then no advanced reminders can be set. Instead everything is more like a todo list.
    So 'Remember' is like a place for filed memos and notes; memories or ideas or stuff you find. Not really good for time sensitive things.

When you want a "Reminder" or say "New task" in Voice Control, you will actually make a calendar event. It is not in Remember. I see myself using this a lot more and you set the date and time. Can be edited later I want to see BBRY make this less confusing with a consistent language or better yet have memos with a due date, show up on calendar.

Still its pretty cool with evernote baked in and the killer thing is almost anything you can "share" in BB10 can be clipped into Remember! you can archive so many things now
    02-05-13 04:08 AM
    What a "miss" BB.....Remember is no substitute for the Memo Pad
    05-16-13 05:05 PM