Hello, I was thinking, is there an application either android or BB10 that would act as a case logger or accomplishment logger?

Basically something I can use to organize and jot down cases I've seen or procedures I've done in addition to organizations and publications? This is something we are all required to keep track of but I haven't seen any apps for it.

Even if it's not medical student oriented, even PhD students I believe would benefit from something that logs things. It would be even better if it took some of that info and formatted it into a CV style document.

Posted via CB10
    01-18-15 07:34 PM
    I read your thread. Would you please post more details on how this would work and what the application does. Sounds doable.

Posted via CB10
    01-19-15 10:35 AM
    No clue. I have zero programming skills. But I would imagine something similar to a password keeper style layout where you can choose the type of info you want to log. For example you want to log a publication, this would include the journal, date, volume, pages, a possible attachment for a pdf of the article, and a spot for an abstract. If it was a case log then it would include: date, procedure, note on who the team was and maybe their contact info, and some information on the case itself (kinda like a diary or blog). If it was an award it could include (date, type of award, organization granting award, note on what the award is for or any other info you would want to add).

Once you have a compilation, it would be nice if the app could ask you what you want to include, if you wanted just a case log printout then you could select case log and it would generate a list of all the things under that category and either print it or export it to rtf.

I wonder if this makes sense.

I understand we 'could' just use a notepad app to do this but by making this kind of personal accomplishment database, it would make it much more convenient to setup a script to make a professional resume or CV or timeline for future reference or 'on the spot' sharing to someone you've just met at a meeting.

Posted via CB10
    01-19-15 12:24 PM
    Maybe you can use Remember. It has a robust search and content management interface. You can attach pictures and tag items inside Remember.

Posted via CB10
    01-19-15 09:20 PM
    Yup. Like I said, any note app could do it in a crude style. I was just hoping for something more elegant and dedicated.

Posted via CB10
    01-19-15 09:36 PM