So: On 10.3.2 uber does not work (needs Google Play Services); nor does Glympse (because it uses MapQuest? don't know); nor does RingGo (needs Google Play Services). And yet Google Maps, the one apk that might reasonably expect to need dependencies, works just fine.
    Grrr, it's just getting worse. I'll still stick it out, but the number of "important / useful / necessary" apks that one might wish to use but just can't grows inexorably.
    1. Can anybody cite a "previous" version number for any of these that works on 10.3?
    2. I know I "can" install Google Play Services (Cobalt) but I really don't want to. I've lived life so far without a Google ID and just prefer it that way.
    3. Uber let me install the whole thing (id, credit card details, password and all) before revealing its need for GPS. Another sickening twist, and it is not obvious going into my Uber account on a pc, how to delete it.
    Another not so Fine Day on my Z10, usually just the best in the world (and another one waiting in its box in reserve).
    03-05-17 09:29 AM
    So: On 10.3.2 uber does not work (needs Google Play Services); nor does Glympse (because it uses MapQuest? don't know); nor does RingGo (needs Google Play Services). And yet Google Maps, the one apk that might reasonably expect to need dependencies, works just fine.
    Grrr, it's just getting worse. I'll still stick it out, but the number of "important / useful / necessary" apks that one might wish to use but just can't grows inexorably.
    1. Can anybody cite a "previous" version number for any of these that works on 10.3?
    2. I know I "can" install Google Play Services (Cobalt) but I really don't want to. I've lived life so far without a Google ID and just prefer it that way.
    3. Uber let me install the whole thing (id, credit card details, password and all) before revealing its need for GPS. Another sickening twist, and it is not obvious going into my Uber account on a pc, how to delete it.
    Another not so Fine Day on my Z10, usually just the best in the world (and another one waiting in its box in reserve).
    As for map apps, you could check out Maps.Me and Map for Heremap (both Blackberry World). Although they lack the detail of Google Maps, they do work well as alternatives. Especially Maps.Me for offline use. There are also other alternatives such as BeMaps Pro (Google Maps) and OsmAnd, both of which are also found in BBW.
    03-05-17 09:48 AM
    No. It's not obvious. They don't want you going!

Uber's account deletion from your pc:
    Enter "yes" to delete your account.
    You can give a reason or not.
    Submit.
    You're done.
    03-05-17 11:59 AM
    BeMaps is a great Google Maps client, found in BBW

Posted via CB10 using my amazing  Passport (OG Red) <3
    03-05-17 11:45 PM
    http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/vendor/49

Here's link. I had trouble finding it on app store...

Posted via CB10
    03-06-17 08:35 AM
    I recommend Navfree.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-17 02:13 PM
    Is this for the Uber Driver app? I recommend you turn to iOS or Android for that. Don't rely on an unsupported OS for work.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-17 02:18 PM
    As for map apps, you could check out Maps.Me and Map for Heremap (both Blackberry World). Although they lack the detail of Google Maps, they do work well as alternatives. Especially Maps.Me for offline use. There are also other alternatives such as BeMaps Pro (Google Maps) and OsmAnd, both of which are also found in BBW.

I vote for Maps.Me, the ability to download maps offline is nice. The weakness is address database. It is either not quite complete or the parsing algorithm is different. Places I can find with Google or the built in Maps, I can't find with Maps.Me sometimes.
    03-11-17 10:34 PM
    Navfree lets you download maps, too. I find addresses to be fairly accurate (I use the search Google option in the app).
    03-12-17 09:10 AM