I've noticed that Maps are decent when you type in an actual address, but when you search for a business by name, i.e. a restaurant,it comes up with no useful results.

I'm in Toronto and it constantly gives me results for restaurants hundreds of KM away. I have to use Browser to search for address, then type it in to Maps. I love using voice activated Assistant, but can't unless I know the exact address.

Maps also talks too much. Prime example is on a highway with collectors and express lanes. It always recommends switching back and forth between the two, even when there's no traffic. I then yell at my phone to shut up, but remarkably this hasn't solved anything.

Step your Maps game up BB.

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    03-28-15 09:33 PM
    BlackBerry maps is excellent for me.
    Route finding, turn by turn and finding businesses all working great here.

UK.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-15 11:12 AM
    BlackBerry maps is excellent for me.
    Route finding, turn by turn and finding businesses all working great here.

UK.

Posted via CB10
    Must be nice. My experience dovetails with the OP.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-15 11:15 AM
    I've found a better use for Maps is to use Foursquare to find what I'm looking for and then initiate nav from there.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-15 07:51 PM
    I've noticed that Maps are decent when you type in an actual address, but when you search for a business by name, i.e. a restaurant,it comes up with no useful results.

I'm in Toronto and it constantly gives me results for restaurants hundreds of KM away. I have to use Browser to search for address, then type it in to Maps. I love using voice activated Assistant, but can't unless I know the exact address.

Maps also talks too much. Prime example is on a highway with collectors and express lanes. It always recommends switching back and forth between the two, even when there's no traffic. I then yell at my phone to shut up, but remarkably this hasn't solved anything.

Step your Maps game up BB.

Posted via CB10
    In my daily travel to Mississauga, BlackBerry Maps traffic enhanced routing is indispensable. Given the traffic patterns on the 401 change very rapidly, the traffic information that mapping apps use to determine routing can be inaccurate . No apps can give you 100% accuracy switching between the express and the collectors. To overcome this, I force a recalculation frequently. All I can say is that Maps is correct more often than not. Outside of the 401 Express/Collectors switches, I have complete confidence on Maps traffic avoidance routing.

Having said that, I wouldn't use BlackBerry Maps to do searches. I use only Google Maps for this purpose. But I wouldn't use Google Maps for navigation.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-15 08:56 PM