Not entirely sure if this is possible, my office has tons of magnetic key card entry points, it would be awesome to not to always need to remember to bring my card with me and just use my Q10 to access it. Is this something that is even feasible?

I'm not even sure if our phones even have the hardware, but maybe it something that could be added in later versions.

I see it working well in corporate issued blackberry environments, where security is already a hot topic. You hire a new employee give him his corporate bb, and no need to issue a magnetic keycard. And even when the employee is let go, IF they didn't return the phone, the IT dept. could still wipe the magnetic key card info.

Just thinking out loud really, any thoughts?
    12-06-13 11:42 AM
    Not entirely sure if this is possible, my office has tons of magnetic key card entry points, it would be awesome to not to always need to remember to bring my card with me and just use my Q10 to access it. Is this something that is even feasible?

I'm not even sure if our phones even have the hardware, but maybe it something that could be added in later versions.

I see it working well in corporate issued blackberry environments, where security is already a hot topic. You hire a new employee give him his corporate bb, and no need to issue a magnetic keycard. And even when the employee is let go, IF they didn't return the phone, the IT dept. could still wipe the magnetic key card info.

Just thinking out loud really, any thoughts?
    actually, that is something that has been people working on, what I don�t know as a fact is what is the status of that at the moment, that will be thankfull by NFC
    12-06-13 11:58 AM