I've voices my displeasure!

https://getsatisfaction.com/endomond...y_notification

Posted via CB10
    02-19-13 09:41 AM
    Wow. That sucks. Nogago for hiking, sports tracker for others I guess.

Posted via CB10
    02-19-13 11:51 AM
    That's too bad =(. Might be a good opportunity to switch to a GPS Watch instead.

Wondering if Nike+ or Runkeeper will jump the ship. They're avoiding BlackBerry ever since.

Posted via CB10
    02-19-13 02:31 PM
    I've also voiced my disappointment. Sports tracker it is.
    02-19-13 03:34 PM
    I don't care if Endomondo comes to BB10 I just want ANY run/sport tracker that works (Sport Tracker is useless and doesn't work at all if you run more than 1 hour).

Please developers give us a GPS Run tracking app. I will happily pay for one. This is my number one missing BB10 app, and it's the only one I Really care about.
    02-20-13 02:11 AM
    I email the co-founder.

The email:

Hello,

I wonder if you have seen these comments regarding endomondo and BlackBerry:

https://getsatisfaction.com/endomond...y_notification

They seem to contradict your comments as quoted here:

http://press.blackberry.com/press/20...ease-5881.html

I really hope endomondo continues to support BlackBerry devices in a native app. You have the best sports tracker around. I hope to keep using it.
    Thank you

Sean

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-13 11:42 AM
    03-01-13 02:29 PM
    Cool, bending us over the table and trying to life our wallets at the same time! My subscription is dropped. Bye Bye
    03-01-13 02:33 PM
    That is a very poorly worded response. There is no substance or real explanation to why they have not stayed true to their previous statements to support BB10. Boo-urns endomondo. Boo-urns.
    03-01-13 04:07 PM
    "This is due to the launched of the new BlackBerry 10 platform, which we are still evaluating if we will make an app for."

well, at least there's a chance.
    03-02-13 03:46 AM
    "This is due to the launched of the new BlackBerry 10 platform, which we are still evaluating if we will make an app for."

well, at least there's a chance.
    I suspect if there was a chance, they would have said more than we are evaluating BB10. Initially they announced they were in on the Z10 and now it is they are evaluating it. If they were really going to be making a version for BB10 they would simply come out in their own forum and say. "It's on it's way, standby".

The thing I don't understand about developing apps for BB10 by a company that already has had a version for previous OS of BlackBerry, is if you can't dedicate the resources or don't have the capability to develop an app for BB10, they as for help in the community. I'm pretty sure there would be somebody that would be very happy to take on the task of building the app at little to no cost. I'm sure BlackBerry would be happy to help out as well.

Mike
    Alex_Hong likes this.
    03-02-13 08:18 AM
    Anyone know if runtastic plan on bringing any more of their apps to BB10?

Posted via CB10
    03-02-13 09:13 AM
    Team Blackberry is burning the most Kcal too in this challenge
    T3 Battle of the Platforms Challenge | Average Total Calories (All sports) Challenge | Endomondo
    Amazing how they won't support Blackberry 10
    03-02-13 09:39 PM
    I used endomondo a tonn last summer. Used it over all other choices. Whether it be garmin, Nike, sports tracker, and a dozen others.

Too bad there now useless to me. Whatever though, I just need a different heart rate monitor now, 100$ down the drain

Posted via CB10
    03-02-13 10:40 PM
    Really disappointing since we had it on BBOS. I guess once the numbers come up they'll do it but it looks like it will be a while. Looks like I will continue to have to use two phones for a while longer to cover my bases.
    03-10-13 10:24 AM
    They did say that the BlackBerry development are all on hold. They are evaluating whether to develop from bb10 or not. What we can do, is to voice our feedback on the getsatisfaction site OP has posted. Let them know our wishes. Since they will be monitoring that, and not crackberry.

Or perhaps they are waiting for March 28th to see the sales numbers first.

Now I've resorted to using my Nexus 4 just to use endomondo. Kinda frustrating. However if they decide not to developed for BlackBerry 10, I may just seek out another alternative. I bought their app on BBOS and was on the verge of signing up for a premium account. Since last may they announced their support for BlackBerry 10 only to pull out later. Thank goodness I did not do it yet.

And oh, even though I'm tracking with my Nexus 4, I'm contributing to BlackBerry Brigade instead. Lol. Not much but just trying to keep slightly above the average kcal.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-13 06:29 PM
    Looks like Endomondo isn't in on BB10 anytime soon-bb10-endomondo.jpg

If you look at the image (photoshopped obviously) i've posted above, you can see one of the advantages of it. Swiping to unlock. As we know swiping to unlock will use sort of a "curtain" effect, unveiling the contents below. The best part is, that if I lock the screen in an app, the app will be underneath it. Take the example of Endomondo. During a run, I can simply use a swipe gesture to "unveil" the screen, check some quick stats (duration, distance), and then simply reverse my gesture and swipe down to close the screen again. Whereas on my Nexus 4 I have to physically press a button, then swipe to unlock, in order to see the stats, then press a button to close the screen again. Which can be troublesome.

Then BlackBerry devices offers music controls using the volume rocker out of the box. Which is super useful. I can simply press and hold the volume up and down button to change tracks. While running and I hear a tune that I like, I can repeat it if i want to, or skip it if its not "motivational" enough. Unlike on my Nexus 4, I have to unlock the phone, app switch to music player, change track. Change back to endomondo app, then close the screen.

I can already imagine how Endomondo on BB10 will be a much better experience compared to Endomondo on Android.
    I posted this in the getsatisfaction page as well. Hoping they can see the light. lol.
    Please, I urge all endomondo users on BB to join the cause. Even users on existing BBOS devices, sooner or later you'll upgrade your device, and perhaps BB10 might be among your considerations. So please help the cause as well. Thank you guys.
    battery likes this.
    03-10-13 10:27 PM
    I also voiced my displeasure there.
    Alex_Hong likes this.
    03-11-13 03:29 PM
    I'm glad to see I'm not the only one disappointed by the lack of Endomondo support for BlackBerry 10
    03-11-13 09:28 PM
    04-14-13 08:40 AM
    Ok. I know there are other BB10 Developers out there. I know they have to be reading these forums to find out what people want. Here is your chance to step up and get your apps out there. Some of the Major names are running tails tucked from us trying to turn us back in to couch potatoes. Now is your chance to show them up. HRM and GPS support, Sports (not just running or biking) tracking, Calorie and Nutrition tracking. This is all what's being requested of the app developers who are bailing out on us Z10 users. Come up with something we would all love to use.
    niss63 likes this.
    04-18-13 04:40 AM
    05-08-13 06:14 PM
    Check the Crackberry Blog page, you'll be very happy to hear the latest.

Posted via CB10
    05-08-13 07:06 PM