Hi there,
    I find I have a need to record events, both past and future with reminders.
    Recently had an accident at work, so need to document dates and events as well as doctor appointments and be able to easily recall the events.

Back in the says when I had a windows 6.1 phone I had a calendar app that allowed multiple colours and categories and had the ability to list all in each category and or colour.

Is there a similar app for BlackBerry 10?
    Hopefully something that can integrate with the calendar and the alarm.
    I've had a look at Evernote and it's pretty limited and doesn't have the option to store events by a date I want just by chronological order by input date, so not quite suitable.

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    02-26-14 03:00 PM
    Can anyone help here?
    02-27-14 09:14 PM
    there are calendar colours in BB10 calendar Five Tip Friday – BlackBerry 10 Calendar | Inside BlackBerry Help Blog

To me this seems like what you are looking for but it's an android app and 5$ The Best Calendar App for Android
    More Android Calendars:
    The 5 Best Calendar Apps For 2014 | Fast Company | Business + Innovation
    The 10 best calendar apps for Android | Android Authority
    CAL I've heard is pretty good

Other then that, I can't find any calendars in Blackberry World which is weird.
    If you have outlook you can try this app PC Outlook USB Sync - BlackBerry World
    Search Results - BlackBerry World

Sorry i wasn't much help, I tried lol
    02-27-14 10:51 PM
    Cheers...
    The built in colours just differentiate between different calendars and the only way that would work is if I assigned a unique calendar to each type of event.

I like the look of the first Android calendar, but being android how will it integrate with the existing calendar and will it set alarms for future events?

I know I can just do it all in the computer, but having a wiz bang smart phone it would be nice to have the ability, especially seeing my old windows 6 phone had an app that was perfect

Posted via CB10
    02-28-14 06:45 AM
    Calengoo. It will do what you need. Works with Google calendar
    mkmilan likes this.
    02-28-14 06:52 AM
    I hear your request and when it comes to calendars, BlackBerry is now finally behind virtually everything else in this territory. You can only assign multiple colors if you want to use multiple calendars, which is kind of annoying, especially if you just have one or two active mail accounts.

Android calendars can't, AFAIK, access the local BB10 calendar. So you'll have to sync them with Google or Outlook.com or similar services. Even then they don't integrate as good as a native calendar could.

I still don't get why BBRY still hasn't added any sort of category support. They're calling the devices are designed for business users, yet their calendar still lacks in vital areas.

I'd love to pay up to 10 or even 15 bucks for a decent 3rd party calendar like Business Calendar for Android - just as a native BB10 app.

Double-typed and posted with a BlackBerry Q10.
    02-28-14 07:26 AM
    I hear your request and when it comes to calendars, BlackBerry is now finally behind virtually everything else in this territory. You can only assign multiple colors if you want to use multiple calendars, which is kind of annoying, especially if you just have one or two active mail accounts.

Android calendars can't, AFAIK, access the local BB10 calendar. So you'll have to sync them with Google or Outlook.com or similar services. Even then they don't integrate as good as a native calendar could.

I still don't get why BBRY still hasn't added any sort of category support. They're calling the devices are designed for business users, yet their calendar still lacks in vital areas.

I'd love to pay up to 10 or even 15 bucks for a decent 3rd party calendar like Business Calendar for Android - just as a native BB10 app.

Double-typed and posted with a BlackBerry Q10.
    I'm with you on that, but sadly this won't get to blackberry unless you write this in blackberry.icanmakeitbetter.com (Blackberry innovative Centre located in Indonesia) or beta zone under business apps

Or
    Get a 3rd party dev to make one.

Posted via CB10
    02-28-14 11:43 AM
    Create an email account and call it [email protected]. forward all accident info and calendar events to that and assign it to RED. Don't sync anything with it so only what you want appears there and stuff won't get deleted.
    03-01-14 08:32 PM
    Good idea cheers.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-14 06:52 AM
    There was a thread in the z10 forum the other day with an interesting work-around. I believe the poster suggested creating new bbm groups and they could be assigned different colors and as long as they "phony group" was not shared, he had control of when the calendar was shared. So it worked for separate clients' calendar items.

Here's the link (and I see Stevendon found it)

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...tments-910473/
    Last edited by F2; 03-02-14 at 12:20 PM.
    03-02-14 09:41 AM
    Sounds good, will have to have a look

Posted via CB10
    03-02-14 09:52 AM
    I use this

Sync BB10 with Outlook Contacts, Calendar, Tasks, Notes -- CompanionLink Software

It's not cheap but as BB's calender was useless to me and BB Link was a joke I had no option but the invest in this. I still use it daily as on principle alone I will NEVER use BB Link.

The Deja Calender is nice IMO.
    03-02-14 10:54 AM
    Very nice and looks a lot like what I'm after, but very expensive

Posted via CB10
    03-02-14 11:27 AM
    Hi there,

I think the best android calendar app is the Google calendar app. This app connect with your Gmail and you can manage your time and events easily. I use this app because it has special features like Add specific meeting locations, You can add your personal goals, Enable working house, Enable your world clock, etc.. Using this app my daily activities much easier than other days.

However, if you are looking for a more advanced calendar app you should check this list to find out the best calendar app for you. It depends on your job and your daily activities. I don't know how to match my recommendations with you, but I hope you find some help with this.

regards
    SJ
    11-11-19 10:20 AM
    Hi there,

I think the best android calendar app is the Google calendar app. This app connect with your Gmail and you can manage your time and events easily. I use this app because it has special features like Add specific meeting locations, You can add your personal goals, Enable working house, Enable your world clock, etc.. Using this app my daily activities much easier than other days.

However, if you are looking for a more advanced calendar app you should check this list to find out the best calendar app for you. It depends on your job and your daily activities. I don't know how to match my recommendations with you, but I hope you find some help with this.

regards
    SJ
    Two things:

1. You're suggesting Android apps but this thread is about BB10.
    2. The thread is 5 years old.

Posted via CB10
    11-11-19 12:21 PM
    Hi there,

regards
    SJ
    Speaking of calendars - check out the date of this thread! You have replied to and revived a 5 year old thread.
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    11-11-19 12:22 PM
    Hi there,

regards
    SJ
    SJ, I see you just joined this month and this is your first post. While we always welcome new users here at Crackberry, I have to ask: did you join just to suggest Google on this BB10-oriented 5 year old thread?
    11-11-19 04:05 PM