On the contrary: last year they had a big update for their old BBOS7 client, despite BBOS7 being even more EOL than BB10! So there's a big chance Twitter will keep supporting BB10 for a long, long time.

Posted via CB10 using my amazing  Passport (OG Red) <3
    Past performance is in no way indicative of future performance

Posted via CB10
    01-19-17 05:24 PM
    Symbian, windows phone 8, bb10, soon it'll be windows 10 and anything less then android 4.4 and ios 10. And with the way market share is looking anything ios after that. Because let's face it, There Can Be Only One!!!

Posted via CB10
    01-19-17 09:46 PM
    Symbian, windows phone 8, bb10, soon it'll be windows 10 and anything less then android 4.4 and ios 10. And with the way market share is looking anything ios after that. Because let's face it, There Can Be Only One!!!

Posted via CB10
    And that does appear to me the driven focus at the moment.. they seem to be driving everything to the Apple eco system.

Posted via CB10 on PassportSQW100-4/10.3.3.2049
    01-20-17 04:07 AM
    And that does appear to me the driven focus at the moment.. they seem to be driving everything to the Apple eco system.

Apple? No, I don't think so, it will be Android. Apple is not available to the masses unless they were to open IOS to cheap burner phones affordable to the masses.

Posted via CB10
    01-20-17 05:26 AM
    Apple? No, I don't think so, it will be Android. Apple is not available to the masses unless they were to open IOS to cheap burner phones affordable to the masses.

Posted via CB10
    That is correct. It will take some time for the dream of "One" to me accomplished as Apple as a tight grip at the moment.

01-20-17 07:09 AM
    Who said anything about betrayal? I just said that LinkedIn is also *planning* to EOL their Android 'cause MS is gonna merge into their own services. That's why moving to Android just for LinkedIn is useless. But if you have other reasons, then who am I to judge? No one's betraying IMHO (except the ones who pushed BlackBerry to start deprecating BB10).

Posted via CB10 using my amazing  Passport (OG Red)
    Microsoft releases all its services on ANDROID et iOS platforms.

Posted via CB10
    01-20-17 09:16 AM
    Past performance is in no way indicative of future performance

Posted via CB10
    They set a precedent when they updated BB07.

Posted using a Q10, 10.3.2.2474.
    Vistaus likes this.
    01-20-17 09:21 AM
    My quip stands. If the model does not support the effort today, they won't do what they did yesterday.

Posted via CB10
    01-20-17 01:01 PM
    That is correct. It will take some time for the dream of "One" to me accomplished as Apple as a tight grip at the moment.
    Just like on laptops, right? Most people have Windows laptops, and then for some small "luxury" segment you have these quite expensive MacBooks. Apple makes a healthy margin on them for those people who don't mind paying extra for OS X, customer service, etc, and everyone's happy.

(I'm typing this on one of the new MBP's that probably cost $4000 or something. So I'm not denigrating MBP buyers, but the fact is Apple makes a thick margin on these things.)
    Last edited by app_Developer; 01-20-17 at 03:57 PM.
    01-20-17 02:58 PM
    great. I have not even started linkedin, i guess better just forget it. leaderin might be better ;-).
    01-20-17 03:24 PM
    Just like on laptops, right? Most people have Windows laptops, and then for some small "luxury" segment you have these quite expensive MacBooks. Apple makes a healthy margin on them for those people who don't mind paying extra for OS X, customer service, etc, and everyone's happy.

(I'm typing this on one of the new MBP's that probably cost $4000 or something. So I'm not denigrating MBP buyers, but the fact is Apple makes a thick margin on these things.)
    Yeah, I remember a few years ago one of the then MacBook models cost <400 to manufacture but they sold that specific model for 1499.

01-20-17 04:16 PM
    Yeah, I remember a few years ago one of the then MacBook models cost <400 to manufacture but they sold that specific model for 1499.

And in today's terms, an iPhone costs less than 80% of what it costs to make vs what it's sold for!

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a7329016.html

Vistaus likes this.
    01-21-17 12:30 AM
    Exactly, but people tend to forget. Back in 1996/1997 apple was doing much the same as it is now. Stale product line, expensive computers, unsure leadership, products that went nowhere(newton anyone?). Apple today is headed down the same road. Yes the iPhone makes them money, but their market share is dwindling. Even some apps arent coming out for the iPhone anymore. Ipad sales are way down. Macs arent being updated regularly. Ipod sales are nearly nonexistant. Ive seen more than a few investment reports saying apple is too reliant towards the iphone. If/When the market tanks on them, apple is screwed. And whats their idea of innovation? "Quick, remove a port that everyone uses! next we'll remove the home button, and charge even more for a decent amount of space, because SD cards dont exist! And while were at it lets STILL not used the USB chargers that were standardized back in 2013." For the most "convenient phone" , they seem really inconvenient.
    Vistaus and moyah8 like this.
    01-22-17 03:21 PM
    Exactly, but people tend to forget. Back in 1996/1997 apple was doing much the same as it is now. Stale product line, expensive computers, unsure leadership, products that went nowhere(newton anyone?). Apple today is headed down the same road. Yes the iPhone makes them money, but their market share is dwindling. Even some apps arent coming out for the iPhone anymore. Ipad sales are way down. Macs arent being updated regularly. Ipod sales are nearly nonexistant. Ive seen more than a few investment reports saying apple is too reliant towards the iphone. If/When the market tanks on them, apple is screwed. And whats their idea of innovation? "Quick, remove a port that everyone uses! next we'll remove the home button, and charge even more for a decent amount of space, because SD cards dont exist! And while were at it lets STILL not used the USB chargers that were standardized back in 2013." For the most "convenient phone" , they seem really inconvenient.
    Amen, brother.
    Currently, Apple is nothing more than a ghost of a renegade.

01-22-17 03:50 PM
    Bang on. Removing a head phone jack is innovation?! Naw, it's called cost cutting to increase profit margins.
    moyah8 likes this.
    01-22-17 05:49 PM
    Bang on. Removing a head phone jack is innovation?! Naw, it's called cost cutting to increase profit margins.
    Exactly. Besides, if removing the headphone jack would be innovative, then Apple doesn't deserve credit as HP was the first one to do so on the the Veer (webOS phone).

01-22-17 11:49 PM
41 12