Does anyone know if Leave it On will be coming to BB 10 or is there anything that is equivalent to that? I just want a simple app that leaves the screen on until I turn it off. I could not find anything on BB World except stay on and that is a scam app. It only displays a checker board display.
    04-09-13 08:45 PM
    I wouldn't say that "Stay on" is a scam app; it's just that its usefulness is limited by limitations of "Keep awake" APIs on the Z10, Current BB10 APIs allow an app to keep the screen on while it is running full-screen. It cannot keep the screen on if it is running in an active frame. On the PlayBook,(where the "Stay on" app was introduced) the behaviour is different. A PB app can keep the screen on if it is running full-screen; same as on the Z10. It can also keep the screen on if minimized AND the device is in showcase mode AND some part of the app is visible on the home screen.
    04-09-13 09:29 PM
    Well then maybe I was doing something wrong because the only thing it did for me was display a checkerboard display. All I wanted was a simple app that would not allow the lock screen to come on for 30 seconds of inactivity in a memo app that I was using for note keeping. Stay on did not seem to do that.
    04-10-13 09:33 PM