Does anyone know if the standard LDS Church apps such as "LDS Tools," "Gospel Library," "Mormon Channel," etc. will be available at launch?
    01-29-13 06:45 PM
    Uhm... tools?!
    01-29-13 11:56 PM
    Yeah, kind of a funny name. I make jokes about "LDS Tools" all of the time. All jokes aside though, the app has a calendar and directory/contact info for your local congregation.
    01-30-13 05:53 PM
    Just spending my Sunday morning looking into this. Doesn't look like and BB10 Apps on LDS.org However the church does have a link to help side loaders of different platforms
    https://tech.lds.org/wiki/Android_Sideloading
    Ian PC likes this.
    02-10-13 10:53 AM
    they have made one for just about every other platform i would say its just a matter of time..
    02-13-13 07:56 PM
    I have LDS Tools sideloaded and running on my Z10. I can share the .bar files if you PM me. I also have the scriptures app.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-13-13 09:00 PM
    I've uploaded the most recent working versions to http://forums.crackberry.com/android...ository-770327.
    LDS Tools doesn't seem to work in newer versions, but the Gospel Library app works great.
    Requested permission to make a nonAndroid version but apparently the church has never actually given out copyright permissions.

02-13-13 10:40 PM
    The version of LDS Tools that I have works.

02-13-13 10:49 PM
    The version of LDS Tools that I have works.

Yeah and the one I have in the box repo works too. Sorry if I was unclear newer versions don't work, but the older ones do.

02-13-13 11:32 PM
    Can you post a link to the working lds tools bar? Please.

Posted via CB10
    05-30-13 12:13 AM
    LDS Tools is not working lately on my Z10. I'm not sure if it was an OS update that killed it, but I found a newer version of the bar file and it doesn't seem to work either. I just keep getting an error saying the process has stopped unexpectedly and needs to close. Does anyone have a working bar file that works on 10.1.0.273?
    09-01-13 02:52 PM
    What is the most recent version # that works? Can I get it on the LDStech site?
    Thanks!

Just a day or two ago Oct 29, 2013, Gospel Library was made available for BB10 on BlackBerry World! I have a connection in the dev. dept., and they said LDS Tools is a month or so away.
    Last edited by gusmuh; 10-30-13 at 05:03 PM. Reason: Update
    Carterbits likes this.
    09-13-13 04:48 PM
    I've figured out enough about the back end of the directory portion of LDS Tools to create a directory app. I'll probably publish it in a few weeks. If there's interest I may look into adding Calendar support.

Current status:
    Can log in and access ward/stake name;
    Can load directories for fill ward or by quorum;
    Can contact fellow ward members.
    UI: text based.

I'm going to work it all into a UI and release it, hopefully in a few weeks. Further updates will depend on community interest and official response from church HQ.
    11-05-13 12:13 AM
    All versions of LDS Tools with build >= 2.2.3.0 work fine on BB 10.1 or higher when converted and installed using the xsacha android-pack method:

Download here:

Index of /android/lt/release/
    gusmuh likes this.
    11-05-13 07:22 AM
    What is the most recent version # that works? Can I get it on the LDStech site?
    Thanks!

Just a day or two ago Oct 29, 2013, Gospel Library was made available for BB10 on BlackBerry World! I have a connection in the dev. dept., and they said LDS Tools is a month or so away.
    This is good. Unfortunately though, the search feature is next to useless since the keyboard mapping is wrong. Perhaps you could message this bug back to your connection? Thanks!
    gusmuh likes this.
    11-05-13 07:31 AM
    Thanks for the comments! Do you have the .bar file you can attach, or at least a link to the xasha method tutorial? I think I've never been able to get the debug token part working, so I've just used the apk2bar.org to convert, but no success with the 2.2.3. With the debug token part, I never receive an email that's supposed to have the required files...

Update: November 7, 2013 - Thank you, Carterbits. I figured out how to get the xsacha method working, and can load every app I've tried to convert, including LDS Tools (which I couldn't before). Thanks for the extra hope that it would work, so I would push to figure it out. Apparently, when requesting the .csj signing files from BlackBerry, I needed to pick the middle checkbox. I had been checking the wrong one. I had a bit of trouble with editing the .txt files - few different types of PINs and passcodes that I had to get straight. In the end, it's pretty slick, once set up.
    Last edited by gusmuh; 11-07-13 at 03:55 PM. Reason: Got it working!
    11-05-13 11:47 PM
    This may go without saying but 10.2.1.1055 allows the latest version of LDS Tools to work great! So nice to have my ward directory back!
    11-16-13 11:12 AM
    Check out LDS Ward Tools in BlackBerry World! LDS Ward Tools - BlackBerry World
    11-21-13 12:16 AM
    Nice! Did you intend to leave your email address in the screen shot? You blacked it out in one spot but left it viewable in another.

Also, I was told that missionaries are working on the Blackberry version of LDS Tools, but he didn't say when we might see it or if it will be native or ported.
    11-21-13 05:24 AM
    Nice! Did you intend to leave your email address in the screen shot? You blacked it out in one spot but left it viewable in another.

Also, I was told that missionaries are working on the Blackberry version of LDS Tools, but he didn't say when we might see it or if it will be native or ported.
    Lol, oops, thanks
    I've been hearing that they're working on it for over a year. If they are, and it's native, great. If not, well this is better than nothing
    11-21-13 08:59 AM
    The latest android version works great for me on the leaked OS. I just hope this new influx of working android apps doesn't hinder developing for bb10.
    11-21-13 09:03 AM
    The latest android version works great for me on the leaked OS. I just hope this new influx of working android apps doesn't hinder developing for bb10.
    That's been my fear with the Android player all along. I don't believe it will as long as users choose native apps over android ones.
    11-21-13 09:15 AM
    Sweet! I've been wishing something like this would become available!

But now you're saying it's available in BBWorld now? Sucks that I'm in Afghanistan and BBWorld doesn't work here..

Posted via CB10
    11-21-13 01:25 PM
    How many of you are on leaked 10.2.1.1055? I loaded it on my Z10, and Gospel Library from BlackBerry World started working immensely better, with marking, notes all working great! The Android LDS Tools works nearly flawlessly, where before it wouldn't even boot! I'd recommend the leak as it is as free of bugs as the official, but with huge improvement. If you get the leak, you can just load the apk from the church's website, then install the apk right from your phone. If you need the apk, let me know. The other features of this leak are a vast improvement as well. Hopefully native apps will be developed, as it is always preferable.
    11-22-13 12:27 AM
    Nice! LDSTools finally working on the z10. I just lost all potential motivation to switch to Android.

Posted via CB10
    02-10-14 09:26 PM
33 12