(Disclaimer: I'm a BlackBerry fanboy, but facts are facts, plus I hate S4BB AND the fact that they are a BlackBerry Elite Partner abusing the TOS... Apple and Google would have banned them from their stores, BlackBerry makes them Elite... ridiculous)

The latest stats on the BlackBerry 10 app ecosystem:
    131,700+ apps for BlackBerry 10
    37% of apps on BlackBerry World are from Asia Pacific developers
    But, S4BB and Skylab Mobilesystems are Asian developers, and they made zillions of spam dubious quality apps

So... 131700 apps in BlackBerry World, and a 37% of those are from Asian developers.
    That means 48730 apps.
    Minus 47000 spam apps glorified wikipedia content from S4BB and minus 500 spam apps glorified openstreetmaps content from Skylab Mobilesystems, we are left with a staggering 1200 apps coming from Asia Pacific developers.

97.5% of apps coming from Asia Pacific developers are made by just two developers. Whoa.
    And I didn't count all of those Chinese (and Indian?) "developers" that sent dozens of Android (often stolen/pirated!) apps just for the portathon money...
    09-26-13 04:38 AM
    It's time for BBRY to stop counting app number and presenting it as a success. They need to improve app quality and bring essential apps to users asap.
    BBRY users have to paid for basic apps that should be free like in other platforms : map, tumblr, instago... while sideliaded apps although can solve price problem but are not stable and require complex steps for new users.

Posted via CB10
    Terser Nori likes this.
    09-26-13 05:22 AM
    If blackberry would have push the apps and advertised more they would not be in the position they are in now. Most smartphone users started with a blackberry so there is a lot people that look back at blackberry hoping they like what they see but as we all know they don't.

Blackberry has the devices now just need the apps to go with them!
    09-26-13 06:13 AM