I just got the BlackBerry Q10 and I love it. I am having no issues with my current OS (TmobileUS) so I'm not looking to update that. On my android device I used to use Viber and that's obviously not working unless you sideload and deal with all that, which I'm not interested in right now.

Sooo I thought I would download BBM and give that a shot and get my friends and family on board. When I go to download the latest BBM with voice calling it tells me my device is not supported. How is that possible?

BlackBerry not supporting their own devices on their own apps!?

Sigh. I love this phone and I thought I had found a solution to my Viber problems... does anyone know if they intend to actually support this on OS 10?

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    01-16-14 09:08 PM
    Let me clarify: t mobile doesn't have the 10.2 out and I'm not interested in installing leaked OS quite yet. Simply don't know enough about it or which one to get... version numbers and what works with my provider radio and whatnot.

Posted via CB10
    01-16-14 09:21 PM
    Well as far as what leaks to get. 1925 is the way to go. Will Viper work on 1925 via Snap? Not sure but I'm sure someone here is using it and can answer that. Read Read Read, installing leaks is easy peezy Lemon squeeze. Any questions just ask. Everyone is out here to help each other.

Posted via CB10
    01-16-14 09:41 PM
    bbm come pre installed in Q10,what do you mean doesn't have voice calling??

Posted via CB10
    01-16-14 09:50 PM
    Latest version has channels and voice calling over wifi. My version only has chat.

Posted via CB10
    01-16-14 10:50 PM
    Check out BBM in BlackBerry World! You can find it at http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/22531423 try click this link
    are you on 10.1?

Posted via CB10
    01-16-14 10:54 PM
    The latest *Beta* version *for Android* has Channels and Voice Calling. The BBM that came pre-installed on your phone does offer voice and video chat but, at this time, only when chatting with other BlackBerry users. That's why, when you're chatting with a user on another platform, you're not seeing the option.

If you know someone who is part of the Android BBM Beta testing then you can voice chat with them, too, but you can't do it with normal Android users at this point. Also, I don't believe they've said when it will be available for iOS yet, either.

If you need voice chat over WiFi to work across platforms, you'll have to look elsewhere for the time being, unfortunately.

Posted via CB10
    01-16-14 10:55 PM
    I always have voice/video calling in bbm..maybe your carrier block that feature
    even when I on 10.0 os I have that feature
    Latest BBM not available for my device-img_20140117_125546.png

Posted via CB10
    01-16-14 10:56 PM
    I installed BBM beta on my wife's android phone and she doesn't have the option for it and I don't have the option to call her either.
    My BBM settings also look different than yours usman.. I don't have color theme etc in there. But I do see voice calling.

I'll try and reinstall it again... but when I go to the app on BB World it tells me "This app is not available for your device". Which is really odd.
    01-17-14 09:51 AM
    The latest *Beta* version *for Android* has Channels and Voice Calling. The BBM that came pre-installed on your phone does offer voice and video chat but, at this time, only when chatting with other BlackBerry users. That's why, when you're chatting with a user on another platform, you're not seeing the option.

If you know someone who is part of the Android BBM Beta testing then you can voice chat with them, too, but you can't do it with normal Android users at this point. Also, I don't believe they've said when it will be available for iOS yet, either.

If you need voice chat over WiFi to work across platforms, you'll have to look elsewhere for the time being, unfortunately.

Posted via CB10
    Thank you for clarifying this. Man I really hope the cross functionality becomes available soon.
    I really like the ease of use BBM offers. Clean UI and the Hub notification makes it a breeze to use.

I didn't know voice calling was limited between BB and BB... I thought it was already cross platform.
    Dang.
    01-17-14 12:45 PM
    Thank you for clarifying this. Man I really hope the cross functionality becomes available soon.
    I really like the ease of use BBM offers. Clean UI and the Hub notification makes it a breeze to use.

I didn't know voice calling was limited between BB and BB... I thought it was already cross platform.
    Dang.
    You're welcome. It's coming soon, supposedly in the next month or so, so don't have anyone delete BBM yet! :-) It'd just be best to find another app to use in the meantime. Good luck!

Posted via CB10
    01-17-14 12:48 PM