Hi jjamesbodn. My name's Chris and I work for TD. Hope you don't mind me jumping in. We are working on a TD Mobile App for BB10 and it's in QA right now. We don't have an ETA on the release date, but please be assured it's coming. Have a great day!
    That's the one that I miss after switching from a 9900 to Z10 a month ago. No biggie, as I can work around using browser and am happy to know that it's being worked on.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-13 10:10 AM
    Well hate to break it to you but I already have sideload versions of my bank app (cibc) Netflix instagram and ebay already. They will work and do just fine until the official BlackBerry world apps are released. Skype will be made next week.

CB10- z10
    I shudder at the thought of telling my mother how to 'sideload' anything. ;-) She has enough nervousness buying things off of iTunes or App World.
    Btop likes this.
    03-14-13 10:43 AM
    I understand everyone's frustration and am no different. It's so much the 'major' apps that concerns me, it is the niche apps that really need to start making their way to BB10 very soon. The banking apps, shipping apps, sports apps, and etc. Sure you can you use the browser but why if at the tap of an icon all the relevant information is there.

Another thing that may bother me is future support. Yeah, BlackBerry has 'Angry Birds Star Wars' and the like, but will the support continue? From what I have seen from iOS and Droid there were new levels the day ABSW launched on BBW will those levels make its way to the BB version? That is what may bother people. Look at Facebook it is functional but also a jumbled mess and I just hope it doesn't get ignored like it's Playbook cousin.
    03-14-13 10:44 AM
    So when all of the new BB customers start appearing in the next few days and weeks are you going to explain to them how to sideload and to be patient?

And when will BB10 get Jellybean support? A FIRM DATE PLEASE and not coming soon BS.
    03-14-13 10:47 AM
    So when all of the new BB customers start appearing in the next few days and weeks are you going to explain to them how to sideload and to be patient?

And when will BB10 get Jellybean support? A FIRM DATE PLEASE and not coming soon BS.
    Firm date for Jellybean coming soon.
    mikeo007, jolsonpb and bobauckland like this.
    03-14-13 11:21 AM
    First of all as I have stated many times, forget sideloading apps. 99& of the new users are not going to know or what you are talking about and they represent the major portion of the revenue stream blackberry desperately needs to stay alive. Going to a website when the competition already has refined killer apps that have the functionality you need built into them is not an option in 2013. Things have changed.

I just noticed they are going to have a big launch event in NY for the Z10, I hope by then some of the early OS kinks are worked out and some of the popular apps are in the OS10 BB World by then or forget about it in the USA. Here the smart phone market is driven by apps and like it or not, that's the way it is here. Apple and Google have masterly embedded this into the phone culture here. Apps are big business and generate huge profits for these companies and the developers and they are not going to give it up any time soon.

I have been showing my beautiful BB Z10 to all my clients and anyone who wants to look at it and try it out. I show them the great points of having this device i.e. BB Hub, BB Flow, Gesturing and so on, the first question that is asked of me is how is the BB App store compared to my old Blackberry? Are the same apps I use on my iPhone and Android in there or something close to it? You tell me how I should answer the question?
    03-14-13 12:22 PM
    First of all as I have stated many times, forget sideloading apps. 99& of the new users are not going to know or what you are talking about and they represent the major portion of the revenue stream blackberry desperately needs to stay alive. Going to a website when the competition already has refined killer apps that have the functionality you need built into them is not an option in 2013. Things have changed.

I just noticed they are going to have a big launch event in NY for the Z10, I hope by then some of the early OS kinks are worked out and some of the popular apps are in the OS10 BB World by then or forget about it in the USA. Here the smart phone market is driven by apps and like it or not, that's the way it is here. Apple and Google have masterly embedded this into the phone culture here. Apps are big business and generate huge profits for these companies and the developers and they are not going to give it up any time soon.

I have been showing my beautiful BB Z10 to all my clients and anyone who wants to look at it and try it out. I show them the great points of having this device i.e. BB Hub, BB Flow, Gesturing and so on, the first question that is asked of me is how is the BB App store compared to my old Blackberry? Are the same apps I use on my iPhone and Android in there or something close to it? You tell me how I should answer the question?
    Exactly. I understand the reasoning behind sideloading but at the same time I wish these developers would get on board with the new BB10 devices. Only time will tell of course, but a lot of these should have been available on (or very close to) the actual launch of January 30th. I have sideloaded some apps to my Playbook and have quite a few issues with them either force closing or not being fully functional and what not.

I'm with you on the point of how do you answer the app question, but also other features such as the camera. Case in point, I was at a kids birthday party this past weekend and started taking pictures with my Z10, while the guy beside me was using an iPhone 5 which is all well and good. Then this happened. He showed me this panoramic view and then turned to ask me "does the Z10 have that?" I tried searching through the options and nothing. He did like the Time Shift but it from the sounds of it in 2013 all camera phones should be supporting panoramic views. This may be solved in a future update I don't know, but things like that just makes BB not quite on par with the Droids and iPhones.
    03-14-13 01:06 PM
    Exactly. I understand the reasoning behind sideloading but at the same time I wish these developers would get on board with the new BB10 devices. Only time will tell of course, but a lot of these should have been available on (or very close to) the actual launch of January 30th. I have sideloaded some apps to my Playbook and have quite a few issues with them either force closing or not being fully functional and what not.

I'm with you on the point of how do you answer the app question, but also other features such as the camera. Case in point, I was at a kids birthday party this past weekend and started taking pictures with my Z10, while the guy beside me was using an iPhone 5 which is all well and good. Then this happened. He showed me this panoramic view and then turned to ask me "does the Z10 have that?" I tried searching through the options and nothing. He did like the Time Shift but it from the sounds of it in 2013 all camera phones should be supporting panoramic views. This may be solved in a future update I don't know, but things like that just makes BB not quite on par with the Droids and iPhones.
    Great point about the panoramic camera, the groundwork has already been established by the "Big Two" in what folks expect from a new smart phone device. I just hope someone at Blackberry is paying attention?
    03-14-13 01:16 PM
    [QUOTE=blackhawksfan75;8126473]Exactly. I understand the reasoning behind sideloading but at the same time I wish these developers would get on board with the new BB10 devices. Only time will tell of course, but a lot of these should have been available on (or very close to) the actual launch of January 30th. I have sideloaded some apps to my Playbook and have quite a few issues with them either force closing or not being fully functional and what not.

In defense of the developers, this is not they're fault. Newer apps do not exists in the market because application development is driven by how many people are using the product and market share, period. RIM has dragged they're feet getting this new product and OS to the market while the competition has past them by. I hope this product does take off and Blackberry takes up the number three spot and knocks MS into forth place, only time will tell.
    03-14-13 01:24 PM
    Very true! I hated BB! And had an I phone 4, sold it and got the z10, I tried it great phone!But Hienz wake up you should of had the main apps out when the z10 was released! Big mistake! Better have 500 thousand apps by the end of the year! I heard LENOVO Inc. Could buy BB! I'm giving it 1 year! If they don't wake up! I'm selling it!

Posted via CB10
    03-14-13 01:30 PM

I'm with you. People generally are seduced by apps, forgetting to judge a phone for what a well made phone is. I've been answering questions from friends too, and I always qualify one thing - are you looking for a great device or are you a apps junkie.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-13 01:40 PM
    Well, looking at how well the Z10 is received so far from the international countries that have already launched the phone...looks like apps are not that much of a dealbreaker as many make it out to be.
    03-14-13 02:06 PM
    Oh I read your post.

Ridiculous
    ridiculous/ri?diky?l?s/
    Adjective:
    Deserving or inviting derision or mockery; absurd

...yep

Posted via CB10
    sarcasm -- learn some new words!
    03-14-13 02:18 PM
    I love my new Z10 but the lack o apps is a bit frustrating! I switched from BlackBerry 9900 on which important apps such as my TD Canada Trust, MyFitnessPal Yellow Pages Canada..etc was available!None are available on Z10 .....

Posted via CB10
    I've been complaining about banking apps, I heard CIBC is coming too.

Now if they could only get basic apps like BlackBerry Travel on bb10...
    pandapurple likes this.
    03-14-13 02:19 PM
    I think if you had time to use 69996 apps,you have the time to wait for more....

Posted via CB10
    Again, you are missing the point. It's not about waiting. You should actually read some posts on CB. You might learn something. The point everyone is making is that Blackberry had soooooo much time to come out the gate with the best apps. Which they claimed to do.

They even delayed the Z10 to "get things right." Hardware and Software.

If you read the title of this thread, it is "Lack of Apps Frustrating" -- I AGREE with that. That's why I'm posting here.

Why are you here? Just trolling??
    03-14-13 02:21 PM
    Hi jjamesbodn. My name's Chris and I work for TD. Hope you don't mind me jumping in. We are working on a TD Mobile App for BB10 and it's in QA right now. We don't have an ETA on the release date, but please be assured it's coming. Have a great day!
    Yeah ok will see about that... next thing you know TD will hit us with a browser shortcut. Just like they did before...

Posted via CB10
    03-14-13 02:23 PM
    How about Canadian companies and civil services leading by example? BlackBerry needs all the support it can get.

How many of them are on BlackBerry World, does anyone know?

Posted via CB10
    03-14-13 02:23 PM
    How much did it cost you to download and try all 70,000 apps? Must have been a fortune in App World fees and carrier bandwidth. You must have been doing it 24 hours a day, 7 days a week since the Z10 launched ...

Translation: It's one thing to say "I haven't found apps ____, ____ and ____ that I need". It's another to paint an entirely library when you haven't tried the vast overwhelming majority of apps in that library. You didn't like the small subset of apps you tried. You haven't tried 70,000.
    What can I say? The Z10 is a POWER HOUSE!!! It was able to download all 70000 in a matter of hours and they all run fine!

I find it funny that you took this post literally. Maybe I'm trying to make a point. Maybe by exaggerating by saying "70000" I am actually hinting at my frustration. Maybe "Lack of Apps Frustrating" is the title of this thread, and maybe I'm trying to contribute to that topic. Maybe... just maybe...
    03-14-13 02:25 PM
    Wouldn't possibly gave something to do with me... i just told them that the android and BlackBerry url that the apps use internally works just dandy on BB10's browser, even faster:
    (copy and paste, and put the https business at the beginning) its a big one). I've been using this since launch, and told them I'd release my own site-in-an-app app if they didn't beat me to it.

Here's the URL:

https://w.tdgroup.com/wireless/servlet/ca.tdbank.wireless3.servlet.AuthenticateServletR1? source=BBerry&LOGONTO=BANKE&NATIVE_APP_VER=B3.3.0& OS_VER=B6.0.223&IS_EMBEDDED_BROWSER=N&MARKUP=HTML
    Attached Thumbnails Lack of Apps Frustrating-img_00000260.jpg  
    03-14-13 02:32 PM
    Well, looking at how well the Z10 is received so far from the international countries that have already launched the phone...looks like apps are not that much of a dealbreaker as many make it out to be.
    In big markets like Indonesia, I believe it was BBM (before WhatsApp) that was the main draw, as communicating with relatives and friends overseas cost them nothing outside of an unlimited BIS data plan. With the availability of WhatsApp these days, the remaining customers still with BlackBerry is because of loyalty and the need for a physical keyboard.

BlackBerry has had a great start with Z10... what's next to keep the market talking, to have the buzz to win more converts?

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by pandapurple; 03-14-13 at 02:49 PM.
    03-14-13 02:32 PM
    I'm waiting for TD app, but for now using the browser which works just fine for me
    03-14-13 02:45 PM
    I must say that I have to agree 100%. People are brainwashed into thinking apps are needed for everything. When I use a browser, all my favorites are bookmarked. Why would I want to plug up my screen with a bunch of usless apps that for the most part do not work as good as the actually site anyway!!

Get a grip people.

Having said that, where on earth is SKYPE already!!
    03-14-13 02:46 PM
    Completly agree. Had this phone for just over a month now thinking the big app wouldn't take long to come out.
    Its appauling really the phone is so buggy and has missing features compared to my old bold 9700. I cant really reccomend this phone to anybody. Feels like a unfinshed phone tbh. Selling to put towards a Gallexy s4 100%
    Your the first person in a long time to complain that the phone is buggy. You may want to consider that you received a lemon or at least a phone with an improperly installed OS. My wife's Iphone 5 had this same problem (yes, not only Blackberry phones can have lemons).

As for the Samsung, it is still just the same old Android OS.......now that's exciting.
    pandapurple likes this.
    03-14-13 02:56 PM
    We have so many apps on our devices and if we ever get to use 25% of them all the time wouldn't that be something? I've got so many apps on my PlayBook, 9900 and SGS3, all devices are very well used daily, but so many apps go unused, even the ones I paid good money for, so really we complain about apps, we get them, then we don't use them!
    pandapurple and shads77 like this.
    03-14-13 02:58 PM
    BlackBerry shouldn't pressure third party developers... it should be the other way around i.e. convincing and giving them profitable reasons why they should develop or create BB10 version of their apps and games...

They should collaborate with them in most possible harmonious ways...

Posted via Z10
    I am guessing that with the 1,000,000 phones ordered yesterday alone by one carrier that many developers that shunned the BB10 are reconsidering their decisions. Hmmm........$0.99 per app x 1,000,000 = missed business oportunity by people with their heads up their asses. Here is a better example.........Netflix at $8.00 per month or $96.00 per year x 1,000,000 = JUST PLAIN STUPID. I would fire the management that decided not to invest in the $25,000 cost to build a proper app, but that is just my 2 cents.
    03-14-13 03:05 PM
146 ... 23456